Omega
KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):
Shadnok

Discord Name & Tag:
Shadonk #4965

Previous bans:
I have no previous bans within my time on the server.

Describe your activity on the server:
My activity on the server normally depends on what I have going on within the server itself, if I have no reason to log on then I simply won’t. I can be super active and log on everyday for hours but as of recently that is not the case, hence this application. If there is ever a time where I am not able to log on due to whatever reason, I will always fill out an inactivity log just to be safe about it.

Which time zone are you in?
EST - Eastern Standard Time

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
I had an old forums account that I was locked out of and not able to get back into, one of the following links will lead to that account.

Shop Application - ACCEPTED
Receptionist Application 2021 - ACCEPTED
Receptionist Application 2019 - ACCEPTED

What is your motivation for applying?:
If I am being completely honest, it’s because I'm bored. I've been a player on SchoolRP since early 2019 I believe, you could probably imagine the different amounts of roleplay I've gotten myself into. I've participated in a lot of things within the server, either it be a sports team, owning a shop, working within the school, gangrp or just doing things on my own. I have never really been interested in the KPD before, it personally seemed stressful and very closed off. By closed off I mean, they had their own thing going on away from the rest of the community in a way! Which is not a bad thing at all. I currently have lots of friends within the KPD and I have heard great things from being involved, so that also has a great deal in my application. I believe that the KPD has a lot to offer roleplay wise, it's something that would be entirely new to me and I can't help but be curious as to what it has in store.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
Police officers have many responsibilities and tasks they need to attend to on the daily. Maintaining an entire city takes sheer focus and must never be taken lightly even if it is just sitting at the front desk or sometimes even waiting for things to happen, you must be available at any given time.

Patrols - Patrolling is something that many people see officers doing on the daily. This allows officers to be aware of certain areas around the city that are sometimes more dangerous than others, crime can happen around every corner and most of the time it is never reported. During patrol you should never ever go alone under any circumstances, always leave the station with someone. As I stated before, crime can happen around every corner and you never know what kinds of situations you could be getting into once you step foot outside the station.

Arrests / Detaining / Fines - All of these have correlation to each other in one way or another, one leads to the next and that leads to the other. If you are fining an individual for any reason they MUST pay up front. Of course, if they pay, that's great! You move on with your job and they move on with their day. If the individual refuses payment they will then be handcuffed and arrested, being sent to serve time with community service. Detaining someone normally comes into play when an individual is suspected of committing a crime, attempting to commit a crime or has the intention of committing a crime. You of course can not arrest the suspect until you have evidence proving your suspicions and claims against them, however, they will remain with the police until the investigation moves forward.

These few things are the ‘basics’ in my opinion when it comes to being an officer, it's what you really expect coming into this job. However, being an officer consists of much more than that. Some more tasks that not many people see the process of are inmate care, manhunts, community service, reports, restraining orders, raids, CCTV, desk work, training, investigations and much more I'm sure.

Why is the Police important to SchoolRP?
The KPD itself is one of the most important things on SchoolRP, of course that clearly brings up the question as to why? Well, as most of you know, GangRP is a good majority of the server. In a way, I see it as a light and dark situation. Where there is evil there must be good, where there is crime there must be justice. The KPD of course is not only important ICLY but OOCLY as well, it helps to enforce many of the rules within the server and from what I have heard and seen, staff do of course have to get involved sometimes. Which I'm sure can be frustrating but it also helps teach players the rules of the server, you can take that as either a good or bad thing I suppose.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes, I understand.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
Yes, I do. However, I do have other roles within the server that I need to focus on outside of the police officer role, but you have my word that I will try my best to be active and present when I am needed.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I understand.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:
Ji-Eun Ong

Character's age (if accepted):
26 Years old

Character's gender & pronouns:
Female
She / Her / Hers

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

PhD in Criminal Psychology
Masters in Forensics Psychology

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
Korean

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Ji-Eun Ong is a Korean woman standing at a decent height of five-foot-seven (and a half). Her wavy dark blonde hair reached near the start of her hips, typically leaving it styled in a low ponytail, straight-across bangs and a generous strand at her front. Her eyes are light brown, and directly under her left were two vertically adjacent freckles. Generally, Ji-Eun held softer facial features with a petite pear frame. The sweet scent of peach cobbler followed her every move.

In regards to her personality, Ji-Eun Ong is typically seen as a bubbly, outgoing woman on your first encounter with her. She's reserved, though not afraid to be serious if the situation calls for it. Her short temper may even come into play at times. And despite her appearance giving the impression of a proper, professional woman... She's found herself to be clumsy more times than not.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
Ji-Eun is very different when it comes to being put into a professional or casual situation. She has proper etiquette and a strong sense of focus while working. While Ji-Eun is working she is stern and driven to do the best she can with her duties as an officer, either it be following a simple everyday rule or being put into a tedious situation. In a casual setting, Ji-Eun is much more sociable and outgoing, some would even label her as bubbly. Even with the smile she displays everyday, her short temper can sometimes get the best of her and she won't be afraid to slip a curse word if she accidently trips or drops something. Being clumsy is not a surprise when it comes to her, for someone that can carry themselves so well it may be odd to see them so wobbly outside of their work space.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
Teamwork is very important when it comes to police work, you must always be willing to help and do your best at all times while on duty. Ji-Eun has respect for everyone around her, even strangers. The saying they teach you in school ‘Treat others the way you would want to be treated’ stuck with her throughout grade school. Many people tend to brush that saying off but it is very important, though, if she is disrespected she will not hesitate to stand up for herself. She will always work well with others and encourage everyone to do the same, teamwork makes the dream work after all!

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
As an immediate answer I would say a leader. I enjoy supporting people and being useful to those who need it. That is one of the many reasons I wish to become an officer, is to help and support people in their time of need. Being a leader is very important, it takes someone who is courageous and has integrity. As a leader you should also have humility, be humble to who you are and never let anything get to your head when it comes to power. I believe it does not matter if you are assertive or strict on others, it's more than ordering people around. It's being there for those when they need it, a guide in the right direction, being understanding and not ignorant to the people or situations around you. It's more than a mere title that too many people allow to get the best of them.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)
Busan, South Korea. She was a pretty famous photographer going around often and traveling abroad. When Ji-Eun was born they stayed put in Busan for a while however, Ji-Eun's father was in the navy and with her mother working as a photographer they often traveled around. She was raised away from many of the relatives due to disagreements between the family and the auntie, however oftentimes they'd visit her cousin "Jeonghui", he was often weak and sick, however happy. They were raised rather close to Jeonghui almost acting like a little brother to Ji-Eun, eventually as Ji-Eun grew older they had moved abroad to Australia with their closer family calling a few times. While on their way to an important business meeting his parents had gotten into a car crash and succumbed to injuries.

When Ji-Eun had seen Jeonghui next was at a "family meeting" to discuss what would happen to Jeonghui as their grandparents either passed or couldn't take care of him which left it to the rest of the family. They told him they couldn't take care of him so the orphanage was better by the time Ji-Eun's family arrived he had told them he was going to the orphanage, in which Ji-Eun's mother (His aunt) got upset and told Ji-Eun to take Jeonghui and completely cut off ties with the family except the grandparents and left. Ji-Eun became rather protective over Jeonghui as the years passed due to his illness making him weaker than most, the two of them grew even closer than before which lead to Ji-Eun never leaving his side.

Now growing up together Jeonghui was often sickly and was in and out of the hospital however he was raised with much love and care, Ji-Eun's mother raised them both as her father was around rarely due to work and they often traveled around for her work and were homeschooled until they reached middle school. Ji-Eun's mother was a very smart woman and taught them everything they needed to know and more. Taking them on 'field trips' often to learn and have fun, whenever Ji-Eun's father was home he'd teach them sports along with things he did while he was away. By the end of high school Jeonghui moved for a scholarship for basketball; however Ji-Eun was highly inspired by her fathers part in the Navy to help do things for the greater good. Ji-Eun had lived in South Korea her entire life before moving to Japan at the age of 18 to pursue her studies in law and psychology, keeping her stay in the country until further notice. Ji-Eun's mother still works as a photographer and Ji-Eun's father is still in the Navy, often visiting and speaking to them. They have a little tradition of calling at the end of each week to talk about their lives away from each other.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?
No, you can not legally own a pocket knife in Karakura. If you are caught with a pocket knife on your person, you can and will be arrested for Possession of Minor illegal weaponry.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Cough Syrup
Band-Aid
Lactulose
Birth Control
Eye Patch

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
I think we can all agree that stepping in would be the respectable choice. Police are not above the law, they are here to enforce it. There is nothing justifiable from abusing another human being. After the situation is dealt with physically I would then report to a higher up about my concerns on it all.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
Again, I believe the only answer here is to step in. Though, before doing so you should always be aware of your surroundings, keeping a level head and your composer is in your best bet. If you believe that something could go wrong, I would call in for backup to be on stand by along with EMS. You are never sure on how ugly situations could get in a matter of minutes, or even seconds. Once the situation at hand is dealt with you should then handcuff the individual guilty of the crime and have them arrested for assault against an officer.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
Report it. Of course, reporting is not as easy as it sounds. I would gather as much evidence against my claim, making sure it is all correct and acceptable to be given to my higher up. This evidence can be in many different forms, photos, voice recordings, video recordings etc.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
Seeing as bribery is a fineable offense, I would fine the individual attempting it. If said individual would refuse the payment they would then be arrested and sent to spend time in community service until their time was up.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
ACCEPTED
Welcome to the Karakura Police Department! Please make sure to have
a look at the Emergency Discord server for further information.​

Users who are viewing this thread