mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

SHRINE IN-GAME ROLE COLOR CHANGE?

Ruin

Level 104
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
what infi said but I dont think it would be a problem, not that I'd know since I'm not a shrine member but I really did like the red color.

Ahimotu

Level 27
Ahimotu
Ahimotu
Omega+
Just adding onto this lovely persons suggestion as I'm the one in that ss lmfao
I was in the Shrine faction for almost three whole years; from applications first being accepted in 2021 to it eventually growing into the strong faction it is now. The change in colour for the Shrine tag was the first thing I noticed after returning to SRP and I questioned why the unnecessary change...? The red tag was unique to the faction and also was the most important thing for shrine members at the time as I believe it was the distinctive factor that separated the (much lesser known) role from the other factions.

Popo couldn't worded this better! Now whenever I hop onto the server and hold down tab, the Shrine staff are almost invisible to someone who is just skimming through whatever players are online. Taking both this fact and that the Monastery is pretty well-hidden for newer players, it can make it much harder to have interactions with the Shrine staff that are currently online. This was the challenge the faction faced during the years before as there was little to no interaction between the community and the staff due to its rather remote location, making the Shrine faction having a reputation for being quite stagnant and boring amongst the other factions.
Now, from my understanding, Priest has now replaced the Shinkan role. I believe that this is also somewhat inaccurate as although it is technically true that they are priests, they can easily be confused with priests that work at the Church located right beside the S.D, rather than the Monastery. I had this debate with the various different leads of the faction as time went on and we kinda just went back and forth between the two roles however eventually settled on Shinkan, so I am very confused as to why it was eventually replaced with Priest again. It just doesn't make sense for the role to be named Priest when they are Shinkans, or Shinshoku in formal terms. The ranking system for Shinkans usually consist of five ranks (Jokai, Meikai, Seikai, Gonseikai and Chokkai) however I don't want to get too technical and make it all confusing as I have stepped away from the faction a very long time ago.

TL;DR - Maybe also revert the title back to Shinkan and Miko. . ? Just another addition to this AMAZIN' suggestion :3
yes.

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
If the color goes back to being red then you guys will be below the adult role on tab (and no, there’s no feasible way to fix that). So unless you guys want to be below the unemployed adult role then you may wanna stick to green

Also what @philbertman42 said is valid
This, I like the red colour personally, I think it fit better than the green, but shrine staff will be automatically placed at the bottom of the tablist again unfortunately if this happens

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
At least with green there is a chance.

But when peak time hits, shrine is barely seen. Especially if KPD, EMS, Town and shop are all online. There is maybe one maiden is visible. But changing the color would just send them down low and it's kinda just, not help the problem. As well the green is uniform. Adding mix of silly colors would end up being an eyesore

stacyqs

Level 4
Community Team
Media Team
staceyz
staceyz
Notable
i don't think the tab placement is very important in my opinion, how they look ingame with the red role is worth it- i dunno though! i think the red color allows the shrine staff to stand out from the other roles since they don't get as much recognition atm (their color is nearly the same as the adult role etc)
So that they can be seen higher up on the tab list

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
i don't think the tab placement is very important in my opinion, how they look ingame with the red role is worth it- i dunno though! i think the red color allows the shrine staff to stand out from the other roles since they don't get as much recognition atm (their color is nearly the same as the adult role etc)

Red tag color

proscons
pretty red colorbottom of tab list
will never be seen
decrease in activity bc players wont know they exist by looking at tab

green tag color

proscons
higher up on tab listgreen?
can be seen by players 80% of the time
increase in activity bc players look at tab and go "ooo whats a maiden"

imo there are better ways to gain recognition than a color change. I believe like a few others said that this will do more harm than good (though it is a pretty color)

SIMPL3Z

Level 97
Community Team
Lore Team
I agree with what Infi said, it'd do more harm than good most likely, even though red is prettier

Squidjees

Level 62
Squidjees
Squidjees
Rich
+1

guys there has to be a simple way to keep the shrine members high up in the tab list
we just need some more adjustment

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
+1

guys there has to be a simple way to keep the shrine members high up in the tab list
we just need some more adjustment
with the way the current tablist is coded, it would need recoding

chel

Level 6
Red tag color

proscons
will never be seen

green tag color

proscons

imo there are better ways to gain recognition than a color change. I believe like a few others said that this will do more harm than good (though it is a pretty color)
Not trying to speak on behalf of the whole Shrine faction but I'm pretty sure most of the people here are in fact Shrine staff that wouldn't mind the role being lower than adults in return of the original colour being lower than adults? Whenever it's really busy and tabbed is filled out, I'll run around the map and eventually find myself at the Monastery, regardless if there's staff there or not. Doesn't really help with the fact that the tag is Priest as newer players will automatically relate that to the Church farther below. I feel like no matter what is added into the Monastery the Shrine will always be one of the lesser interacted with factions unless there's constant events because of the isolated location of it.

Also, as the original suggester said, in the Discord itself the Shrine staff are all given a red tag in comparison to the other factions. Also does match the significance with red in terms of both spirituality and in regards to the various Torii are placed around the Monastery. What I've gotten from this whole suggestion thread is that if the original colour of the tag were to be reverted, Shrine staff would be placed lower than adults. I can't say too much for this but I feel as if a lot of people would be okay with that-- by my own observations!

Blah blah blah im yappin cuz i like the red tag ok so wut -_-

Iris.fi

Level 33
IrisFi
IrisFi
Rich
+1
Since most of the shrine seems to want it, I don't see why not!!!

As for them being lower than adults, I'd like to remind you that you don't see basically any of the green tags during the busy hours anyway when ems, kpd & government are online. With all love and respect, the placement won't make a big difference bc of that

-kam

Level 70
Red tag color

proscons
will never be seen

green tag color

proscons

infi speaks fax

5SHU

Level 100
5SHU
5SHU
Omega
+1
Since most of the shrine seems to want it, I don't see why not!!!

As for them being lower than adults, I'd like to remind you that you don't see basically any of the green tags during the busy hours anyway when ems, kpd & government are online. With all love and respect, the placement won't make a big difference bc of that
time to recode.

Users who are viewing this thread