soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
IGN:
[Main, applying with] soratheonly
[Alt] SillySora
[Alt] Soraonly
[Alt] soraraahah

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)
soratheonly

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
Yes! I often speak in VCs and always are available to speak in a vc. I love talking to people, so if you want to VC feel free to ask and I’ll be there unless I’m already in a VC (if it’s business then ofc I’ll join for it). I’ve been in vc with current and former staff members, Rex, Oli, and Allen.

Your time zone and current country of residence:
CST, currently residing in the United States

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/soratheonly-event-team-application.64110/

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
Yes, I recognize this very well, and see that it is fair. I will constantly see through that this will never occur unless it’s on my own terms.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
School, mental health, being busy from other things, or just plain not having the motivation to write for an extended period of time could all obstruct any progress or development. However it’s very rare that I’ll let this get in my way as I’m extremely head strong when it comes to something I’m passionate about or what I signed up for, completion is my greatest goal.

There are times where I also strive for perfection or am unable to get over simple mistakes that anyone could’ve made, it’s my greatest setback and despite me wishing I didn’t have it, I’m unable to stop it and I’m currently working on learning from it instead.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
I’ve been writing for a long time, constantly coming up with stories in order to entertain myself and others. I find passion in creativity and writing allows me to explore such passion. Detail, fantasy, a new thought, exploration, all of these categories that enhance my passion for writing constantly. I love to research, create, explore, and imagine new ideas! I’ve written multiple stories, characters, extremely detailed scenes, biographies, and more. Reading others' stories also became a past-time for me as scenes that inflict extreme feelings are something I look up to as it’s something I find truly impeccable. Oftentimes I get compliments for writing, which not only energizes me but it enhances my love of writing to know that others enjoy it so much to seek me out and compliment my work, it puts a smile on my face to know my work is impacting others positively which is a big influence to my continuous writing.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
Yes, I often write the lore of my characters, Minecraft worlds/SMPs, etc. This lore if gone into depth can get very long, but it’s rare that it can get too much as it’s more likely for the lore to be less than the current of the character. I often do creative writing as it’s my passion and have done a lot of writing work off that subject. In real life, my sister is a creative writing teacher, so I also learn from her. I’ve written ‘novels’ and short scenes in just a moment of energy. Short scenes, especially when I have creative power can come off strong, normally are my best pieces. Currently, two of my characters have a more in-depth lore that I’m very excited to explore.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
Lore is a history, a backstory, a past. Lore is a way to write down memories of how your character became, or how the world around you changed. Lore could be considered almost history such as, “Dinosaurs roamed the earth for years, longer than you could imagine. Yet, time always strikes these beautiful creatures,” and so on. The way I mainly think of lore is as such, “December 29th, 1978. Two friends, known by the town, yet unknown by others. Turned into a story as their life becomes a fairytale. [Name 1], an energetic individual, wishing for a life outside of the lie of a world that they were trapped in. A constant wave of guilt that surrounds them, those that know [Name 1] are said to contract diseases and lethal poison. A curse is said to have overcome them far long ago when they proclaimed to want to leave the perfect town they were given to live in, as they say ‘Curiosity kills the cat.’ Eventually, it was apparent that [Name 1] needed to be taken care of. [Name 2], someone who has shown exceptional skills in getting ‘close’ to [Name 1] without being diagnosed with any issues, was sent to hunt [Name 1] down.”

In other words, I mainly see lore as a story to inflict meaning to the reader for that character themselves. This can include meaning to where you are, how you came to be, or an explanation of personality and genetics. For example, Karakura’s lore is the history of Karakura or what makes Karakura the Karakura that we all know. Events that lead up to impact are also an involvement in lore.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES
1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
2. There is a 300-1000 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.
3. The effort and quality of both prompts will be taken into consideration when we accept applications.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

( 457 words, 2643 characters)
“Hold your breath.”
Rain, symbolizing sorrow, chases a dream until reaching the ground as two people chase each other. In an apartment, on the first floor, two girls fight over what’s wrong and what’s right. One girl, lengthy and tall as she slams her hand onto the counter, glaring down the individual before her. The other girl, smaller but slim, her fists clenched to her sides before she attempted to reach out to the girl, helplessly explaining her situation.

Sora, the first girl, and Leora the second. Both in love, but so very opposite from one another. Sora slams her fist down onto the counter again, yelling at Leora in disbelief, tears effortlessly streaming down her cheeks. Leora, unable to meet her eyes with Sora, lets her head hang low as she attempts to think over what was happening.

“Sora, I’m sorry-”
Leora attempted again, begging for the arms of her lover to wrap around her again.

“Sorry? What about those people you killed?”
Glaring at Leora, Sora stands up tall, watching her every movement wondering if Leora might ever dare to strike her.

“I- I’ve never killed anyone.. I swear, I’ve only ever raced cars!”
Leora pleaded with her lucky stars, begging for the outcome of Sora letting it go. She attempted to lie, risking it with her shaky voice, and mixed feelings. She knew it was wrong, but the words had already come out.
“Please, I love you.”

The words clenched around Sora’s heart, she faltered slightly at the hearing of them, watching Leora with a faithful eye before turning away from her and shaking her head slightly. Sora felt her head pounding as she turned back to Leora, her expression exhausted and doubtful.

“Do you really?”
Time stopped, the rain singular and still. Leora’s heart stopped, watching Sora with a look of shock. She stumbled on the floor, falling onto the edge of the couch behind her as she watched Sora walk around the island and towards the door, passing Leora without a single look back.

“Sora, I.. I swear, I love you, I really do!”
Leora quickly got up, grabbing for Sora’s hand, accidentally throwing the both of them onto the couch in an unexpected fit of strength, strewn from her anxiousness.

As the two looked into one another's eyes, they recovered what had just happened in a deep thought. Their gazes combined as they were unable to look away from each other, Leora bringing a hand up to glaze Sora’s skin in an act of adoration. The touch sent sparks along Sora’s skin and tears teased to fall, her lungs holding the feeling of collapsing. As Sora grew cold, they embraced, she couldn’t handle another second away from her fated significant other, whispering apologies sorrowfully.

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

( 880 words, 4902 characters)
“ICY WATER.”
Waves crashed against each other during the night. The wind howling against the shoreline as a lantern was lit meticulously inside the hollowed structure. As the rain raged against the walls. Echoed steps followed quiet breaths as the man made his way up the stairs, dreading the cold of the late night chills. As his shoes went clacking along the stairs every step he took he heard another pair beside him. The man turned quickly to his side, the lantern swinging with creaks from side to side from the hurried movement. Nobody was present, and he imagined it was just the late night jitters along with the ever living cold getting to him. The man clenched his trench coat closer as he held the lantern outward and continued his journey up the steps, eventually reaching the top with a sigh of relief.
The man listened carefully to the sound of the waves crashing against the rocky beach lined with sand. He hummed gently, a sea shanty, as he took in the midnight scenery. Once finished, he clicked his tongue to the roof of his mouth and ventured onwards to the light, ensuring it was clean and well-kept in order to keep the island safe.

It was March 8th, 1955; a deep, harbored night in Karakura. The man rested against the fence, looking out at the sea when a whisper cooled his ear, “It’s not safe out here.” It roared despite the lowered tone and the small voice it had come out of. He flinched back, grabbing at his ear with his back pressed against the railing of the large structure. He looked around violently, picking up his lantern which had scattered onto the floor. He quickly relit it, desperately looking around the shadows for what had disturbed his peace. As he felt the area grow cold, he grew morbid thoughts, unable to shake them from his now grieving mind. Till the voice struck again, “You need to leave,” it spoke, gentler this time, yet it still managed to boom into his ears; his eardrums quaking from the noise. “Leave me alone!” The man shouted, desperate to end this suffering, “I’m unable to.” The voice called back, worry seeping into the man’s skin from just the tone alone. Suddenly, a faded figure, undistinguishable appeared before him as if a wisp in the wind. The figure did not have eyes, or any features in that matter, yet the two individuals kept a hardened stare on one another. The figure shook its head and pronounced itself, a wary feeling creeping along the man’s spine, “Leave, Fuyuhiro Ha.”

The man watched the figure’s ‘body’ wave gently with the wind, an unsettling lump of ice harboring in his throat as he stood straighter, “I’m unable to.” The figure shook its head disappointedly as they pointed to the man, just inches from hitting him, “Then I curse you, and those who are to descend from you.” The figure whispered, it held itself close, a single shadow of a tear managing to drop onto the cold floor of the lighthouse. “What..” The man attempted to beg for answers, before he was suddenly pushed back from the figure, arms extended as the man flew backwards and over the railing, “LEAVE.” The figure yelled as the man watched the balcony of the lighthouse appear farther and farther away, unable to see the figure as he closed his eyes, tears flying into the air before him as life passed his mind.

NEWS REPORT
“The reported man of the lighthouse, a spirit of a man that can be seen at night resting on the railing of the lighthouse, who knows who he is? Listen to this interview to find out!”

A clicking was heard, most likely of a pen until the interviewer spoke up, talking directly into the recorder.

Interviewer: This is ████ tuning in. I’m here with In-Su Ha about the ‘Man of the Lighthouse’. Mr. Ha, what do you have to say about the situation?

Ha: There’s nothing to say.

Interviewer: Quite talkative, aren’t you? Anyways, are you aware of the reported ‘Man of the Lighthouse’?

Ha: I am.

Interviewer: What do you know about it?

Silence was heard as Ha could be heard coughing before speaking softly
Ha: I know what I know, and you can keep knowing what you know.

Interviewer: Please, Mr. Ha. Just answer the question.
A slight pause overtook the recording before Ha’s voice echoed out of it

Ha: Fine. The reported ‘Man of the Lighthouse’ is a spirit which was a man named ‘Fuyuhiro Ha’. The night of March 8th, 1955 was when he was murdered in cold blood. Nobody knows what the hell killed him, or why he now haunts the lighthouse but you can get off my ███ and ███████ ████████████ ████ █████ ██████████..

The recording cut off with the sound of a banging, suggesting that In-Su had flipped the table in the room before continuing to shout at the interviewer.

A paper about In-Su and the news report came out the next day, calling In-Su crazy, sick, and absurd. In-Su went missing the next month, all records of his family were found missing from the database and the only information remaining was this news report, paper, and his birth certificate.

Thank you for taking the time to read this application. I wish a good luck to all other appliers.
May you have the best of your days!

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
DENIED
Thank you for applying. After discussing with the team, it was decided to deny your application.
Factors for your denial are listed below:​
  • Both prompts had interesting ideas, but ineffective execution.​
  • Make sure to work on the storytelling aspect of the writing, as opposed to relaying details of the event.​
  • Work on tone of the story, as well as the diction of the writing.​
  • For the second prompt specifically, it felt repetitive and inconsistent. Spice it up by using an uncommon setting.​

For any questions relating to the application, DM rexypoo on Discord with said question. Feel free to reapply and address these factors for the next wave of applications.​

Users who are viewing this thread