Suggestion <33

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+

Firstly, you’ll need to purchase the item yourself and make it public, then hand it over to a faction/shop to sell. Secondly, I feel as if even if you do sell it as an item, no one is going to know what it means or ask in OOC what disabilities your character has. Even for me this is the first time I’m hearing about it. Lastly, as people stated before it’ll most likely just be used as a cosmetic more than an item that displays a “hidden disability”.

Lizalopod

Level 130
Obtain a custom item or just item rp it and add it to your set description. Not against anyone with disabilities but this ultimately seems very pointless to implement as an actual feature, no one will use it probably...

MayoMan

Level 18
MayoGulper
MayoGulper
Notable
Im gonna say this, People are stating others will use it as a fashion item which very well yes can happen. But then again it can be given out as a prescription based item. So a player must get a prescription to obtain this item.

bmei

Level 10

while this idea isn't inherently bad - it's beneficial irl and could be helpful on the server, there are some recognizable issues if you look into the concept further:

- the majority of people on SRP don't roleplay the disabilities their character has accurately, often leaving out the symptoms that this lanyard would point to. while obviously, this isn't a good thing, it's unfortunately uncontrollable due to the lack of education seen on certain disabilities, and of course, terrible stereotypes. this makes it useless if people don't use it for what it's for, and instead wear it as a trophy

- As another response above said, people would go out of their way to give their character disabilities in order to receive this item... I'm telling you people love free shit.

my solution: use /setdesc to your advantage. "They'd be wearing a sunflower lanyard representing a hidden disability."

tobbby

Level 277
mrbug_
mrbug_
Rich
stares at my sunflower laniard

do people .. i need a new laniard
never heard of this
i just like sunflowers sob

lxvna

Level 8
lxvna
lxvna
Notable+

You can always get a custom, add it on descs, put it in your oc's biography, or just itemrp it, I know it's not ideal but not a loot of SRP players know what this is, I didn't even know until this instant.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- You can get this as a Custom Item if you'd like to, however we unfortunately won't be adding it as a public item.​

Users who are viewing this thread