Suggestion for Bears

Og_Lobster

Level 4
Og_Lobster
Og_Lobster
Omega
IGN: Og_Lobster
DATE: 16/9/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: I Believe that bears should roll 200 or at least 150, I have a bear whitelist and I have been KO’ed 6 times in the past week, I feel like that is very unfair. Bears are way stronger and bigger In real life. Them being only rolling 100 seems extremely unfair.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:I think it would benefit the other bear whitelist people, so they won’t be KO’ed so often.

CakeRPiscool

Level 53
EGGRP
EGGRP
Omega
-1 even tho I’m a bear this has been denied plenty of times in the past because of Minecraft’s pay to win rule. If they roll 200 it’s basically winning every time.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
This suggestion has been denied at least 4 times, but I'll summarize why this wouldn't exactly be a good idea

- Rolling amounts are not only based on strength. Although it may seem like it, the rolling system is based on many features aside from strength (dexterity, speed, flexibility, resistance, etc.). Even if a bear is indeed much stronger and faster than a human, humans also have specific features, as well as training to make up for that lack of strength.
- Realism is not the best goal. SchoolRP's main attractive is that it is a Slice-of-Life roleplay that doesn't require understanding much about its system. While it's true that many of the aspects of SchoolRP are based on realism, we prefer to avoid it if this realism causes the community to undergo problems (e.g.- GangRP members using this roll advantage to target new players, among other problems)
- Pay-to-Win. The only roll that goes above 150 is the police role, which can be accessed by anyone regardless of their OOC financial status. While rolling 150 wouldn't really apply to this, you'd still be paying to skip your progression, which can be interpreted as a Pay-to-win method.
- P2L. If you really want to fight a bear for whatever reason (even if you shouldn't due to FearRP guidelines), you should instead use P2L if you're interested in keeping roleplay as interesting as possible. I'm sure the bear player would be willing to agree to P2L-ing as long as your actions aren't unrealistic
- FearRP. As mentioned above, bears have the same FearRP capabilities as holding out a lethal weapon. People shouldn't actively approach a bear unless they either outnumber it / have a lethal weapon on them, as well as a valid In-Character motive (e.g.- Their friend is trapped inside the bear cave). Even in this situation, players should actively try to use other methods to avoid direct contact with a bear, due to the implied risks this action carries.

To summarise, the benefits from changing bear rolls don't outweight the potential risks that it comes with.

DarkEclipic

Level 159
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+

This has been suggested and suggested time after time and it will still be a no

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
This suggestion has been denied at least 4 times, but I'll summarize why this wouldn't exactly be a good idea

- Rolling amounts are not only based on strength. Although it may seem like it, the rolling system is based on many features aside from strength (dexterity, speed, flexibility, resistance, etc.). Even if a bear is indeed much stronger and faster than a human, humans also have specific features, as well as training to make up for that lack of strength.
- Realism is not the best goal. SchoolRP's main attractive is that it is a Slice-of-Life roleplay that doesn't require understanding much about its system. While it's true that many of the aspects of SchoolRP are based on realism, we prefer to avoid it if this realism causes the community to undergo problems (e.g.- GangRP members using this roll advantage to target new players, among other problems)
- Pay-to-Win. The only roll that goes above 150 is the police role, which can be accessed by anyone regardless of their OOC financial status. While rolling 150 wouldn't really apply to this, you'd still be paying to skip your progression, which can be interpreted as a Pay-to-win method.
- P2L. If you really want to fight a bear for whatever reason (even if you shouldn't due to FearRP guidelines), you should instead use P2L if you're interested in keeping roleplay as interesting as possible. I'm sure the bear player would be willing to agree to P2L-ing as long as your actions aren't unrealistic
- FearRP. As mentioned above, bears have the same FearRP capabilities as holding out a lethal weapon. People shouldn't actively approach a bear unless they either outnumber it / have a lethal weapon on them, as well as a valid In-Character motive (e.g.- Their friend is trapped inside the bear cave). Even in this situation, players should actively try to use other methods to avoid direct contact with a bear, due to the implied risks this action carries.

To summarise, the benefits from changing bear rolls don't outweight the potential risks that it comes with.
Yes I get the p2w, but couldn't we apply with proof (/playtime) so when we (as bears) do get to a certain point we can roll 150? Service dogs apply for entry in school so couldn't bears apply (just a picture of /playtime) for ability to roll 150?

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Yes I get the p2w, but couldn't we apply with proof (/playtime) so when we (as bears) do get to a certain point we can roll 150? Service dogs apply for entry in school so couldn't bears apply (just a picture of /playtime) for ability to roll 150?
Would still be considered pay to win.

You buy the specific whitelist and it’s the only whitelist that’s able to roll above 100 against other animals which is unfair. Giving this feature to all animals is just unrealistic.

This suggestion needs to stop being made as it’s been suggested and denied more times than I can count.

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Let's accept one of these suggestions and make it a part of the rules that bears can roll 200, but make it so that they can't actually do this in-game. This serves no practical purpose, I just think it would be funny.

Lazeas

Level 47
Would still be considered pay to win.

You buy the specific whitelist and it’s the only whitelist that’s able to roll above 100 against other animals which is unfair. Giving this feature to all animals is just unrealistic.
If that's pay to win then it's pay to win that birds are the only whitelist that's able to fly? Your argument doesn't really make sense.
Same with dogs being the only whitelist that's able to become a service animal.

Aren't there also dolphin whitelists that make you swim faster? Doesn't that mean you literally bypass the swim attribute with money?
That would be considered pay2win, but no one cares.

No one would be shitting or crying if bears got the ability to roll 150, it just makes sense to be fair..

Also using the unrealistic argument is ironic

There's a reason this has been suggested multiple times in the past and will continue to be suggested much more in the future.

Lazeas

Level 47
It's really not that hard. Just add a rule in the forums that states bears are the only animal whitelist that is able to roll 150. That's it. If the playtime thing is really an issue then clarify the user has to have a set number of playtime, but it really doesn't matter. No grade 12 or greenie is going to care that some random dude who just logged into the server and bought the bear whitelist is rolling 150 before they did.

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
If that's pay to win then it's pay to win that birds are the only whitelist that's able to fly? Your argument doesn't really make sense.
Same with dogs being the only whitelist that's able to become a service animal.

Aren't there also dolphin whitelists that make you swim faster? Doesn't that mean you literally bypass the swim attribute with money?
That would be considered pay2win, but no one cares.

No one would be shitting or crying if bears got the ability to roll 150, it just makes sense to be fair..

Also using the unrealistic argument is ironic

There's a reason this has been suggested multiple times in the past and will continue to be suggested much more in the future.
Dawg flight is not roleplay advantage. Birds can fly as much as fish can swim. Allowing animals to roll 150+ is just ridiculous. If you give it to bears, you’re giving them ACTUAL advantage, therefor youd need to give it to all animals hence the entire thing becoming downright absurd.

Edit; that said, bears also have the ability to just attack you if you’re near them in the forest. That’s also highly unfair because animals like that don’t need a reason to rip your arm off if you get too close to them. Cant say the same for actual civilians trying to act on permissions. It’s a matter of keeping the game fair, and not pay to win.

Classicalist

Level 87
-1. 200 is way to much, I get bears are strong animals and will probably ruin most humans that mess with them but 200 is to much in my opinion. 150 at most.

Vexosphere

Level 18
vexosphere
vexosphere
Notable
-1, however not because of P2W reasons. Let's make that clear, it's not P2W. When you're buying animal whitelist, you're getting rid off the most interesting abilities as Human on srp; you cannot talk, you MUST be on forest (for bears, of course.) which means animal whitelists are for small group of people- you're getting rid off something, to gain something else. Even though, if you're gonna provoke bear and after lose you're gonna cry it's PAY 2 WIN.. you're just dumb... If we're talking about P2W... how paying ICly 125k for custom vehicle is not considered as Pay 2 Win? For a public car you need to spend few milions. But that's out of topic, just my thoughs...

Why -1 despite the fact it's not P2W?
All of the reasons are above already. I understand why people would want that as real feature, but i don't think it's a good idea.

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
if you want the higher rolling SOOOOOOOO bad, just dont buy an animal whitelist :skull:

like NO ONE is telling you to buy it
your money, your choice
if you want to be an animal so bad, stay furry, deal with low rolls, who the fuck CARES.

Vexosphere

Level 18
vexosphere
vexosphere
Notable
Addition:
+1 if rolls 150;
-1 if rolls 200.
Didnt know bears have 100 rolls- no human IRL could beat up a bear lol

Users who are viewing this thread