mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

SUGGESTION; Senior Admin+

Vibeey

Level 11
Vibeey
Vibeey
Fundraiser+
yes but it is a cheaper way of doing it rather than spending 52$ SRP is the kind of server to have those players who will abuse methods as a cheaper way of buying 2 other alts
Is that necessarily a bad thing though? Some people don't want to spend more than required, and some people simply want to enjoy the game without being confronted with this kind of issue.

Like Tippie said, there are ways to counter said "abuse", and like Aesthetic said, the role swaps in question would only be possible if an individual applied for them in the first place.

My guess is that, after (and IF) this system is implemented, there might be some extra steps to go through in order to obtain a second role on your same account. Roles aren't given for free, and rules can always be adapted. That's up to Staff, though.

Lizalopod

Level 130
Did you even read Tippie's post? How is the possibility of this being abused any different form multiple alts being abused? What's stopping a cop from swapping to an alt and killing another officer out of spite? For everything you can think of: if there's a rule against doing it with another account, that same rule would apply when doing it on another character.

Regarding the original post, I love the idea. In fact, I've already talked with Tippie about implementing basically exactly this system in the past, only instead of just switching roles it would switch the entire character. This would mean a different name, age, description, but also locker, inventory, balance etc. It could even include different access to houses, but that might be a bit too difficult to implement in an understandable way (if you trust zegevlier, which characters of zegevlier are you trusting?). Either way, amazing idea. People should stop worrying about things like inventory loss, that will be dealt with. Especially with the more recent plugins (think banking) it has become near impossible to lose your inventory from them.

+1

Zeg I will love you forever if yall implement this

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
i was about to give this a -1 but after reading what the tipster said, i changed my mind to a plus one.

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
Did you even read Tippie's post? How is the possibility of this being abused any different form multiple alts being abused? What's stopping a cop from swapping to an alt and killing another officer out of spite? For everything you can think of: if there's a rule against doing it with another account, that same rule would apply when doing it on another character.

Regarding the original post, I love the idea. In fact, I've already talked with Tippie about implementing basically exactly this system in the past, only instead of just switching roles it would switch the entire character. This would mean a different name, age, description, but also locker, inventory, balance etc. It could even include different access to houses, but that might be a bit too difficult to implement in an understandable way (if you trust zegevlier, which characters of zegevlier are you trusting?). Either way, amazing idea. People should stop worrying about things like inventory loss, that will be dealt with. Especially with the more recent plugins (think banking) it has become near impossible to lose your inventory from them.

+1

Oh my god I love this

dezy

Level 2
yes but it is a cheaper way of doing it rather than spending 52$ SRP is the kind of server to have those players who will abuse methods as a cheaper way of buying 2 other alts
would you rather spend $26.95 on an alt account or would you use the /occupation command if it gets added? cuz idk what u r trying to say, it doesn't rlly make sense

tobbby

Level 277
mrbug_
mrbug_
Rich
would you rather spend $26.95 on an alt account or would you use the /occupation command if it gets added? cuz idk what u r trying to say, it doesn't rlly make sense
As someone who cannot buy an alt i’d love to use /application. And ive been wishing srp would add something like character saves since forever, since i’d love to have a younger char but most my chars are grade 12 ;(

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
There is literally nothing new to abuse here, If anything this makes it easier to link characters to accounts as they will all be under one account which developers can likely implement a way to monitor and be tracked by staff members.

All i’m hearing from this negative response is that you want players to spend money in order to enjoy the servers many roles and things to do, so unless you are simply wording your point incorrectly, you don’t exactly hold an argument in this topic as of now.

its fairly obvious from this text above but this is a +1 for me, it’s a system I’ve been wanting to see on SchoolRP for quite a while and it’s already been accomplished before, the base of it should be relatively achievable.

not only does this allow players more access to apply for roles on the server but it could also bring more activity into said roles, as players can enjoy activities they already do in their currently roles and experience the perks and interests of others without having to worry about paying out fortunes for alternate accounts.

put simply, If you -1 this, you better have a bloody good argument, otherwise, it’s useless attempting to do so.

Aesthetic Roleplay

Level 5
+1

I don't think it should be worked out like described here, however, I completely understand and agree with the point that if you want to play more than 1 role you gotta pay mad money for alt accounts. After all, SchoolRP is something we do in our free time and we shouldn't be forced to focus on only one role and that one role only. However, I do also understand the concerns about things such as AvoidRP though in my opinion this would just be abused by a small group and we shouldn't allow ourselves to stop the major part of the community from having a great feature like this just because a very small part of the community will probably abuse it. Next to that can the staff team and development team of SRP find countless ways to make it harder and less rewarding to abuse. It will probably be easier to moderate than someone switching to their alt account either way, so who knows will help in the battle against avoidrp.

When creating custom plugins we can make it harder to abuse and thus easier to moderate as mentioned above, I myself already have some ideas for this, e.g. limit the number of changes in 24 hours to for example 6 as there are 4 IC days in 24 hours and so allow a teacher to switch to another character after they hosted their classes. And make it able to lookup every change from and to what character.. etc etc, tl;dr : Not really an issue to be worried about in my opinion.

That FRP requires a whitelist, doesn't directly mean it's easier to moderate, I can't say anything about that myself as I am not a member of the FRP staff but from what I know from being RPH staff is that it's not really comparable as the communities differ a lot, whilst we have to deal with hackers, they have to deal with castle raid request or whatever.

I don't think this should be our main concern, as stated above devs can work very good for counter-measures against abuse but we should not let a minority of rulebreakers ruin the fun for everyone else

will probably be in the same plugin, and you can save inventories as a Base64 string, just like we do with lockers, it's really fast and efficient to use for developers, the risk of losing items shouldn't again be something that causes a -1 on this idea but a concern for the developers making it, who are very capable of making very good plugins and can for sure prevent and fix issues like this.

I still believe that it wouldn't have any more issues than people just using warp spawn or log off, maybe in the first few weeks/months but after that not. In fact it'd be even easier to monitor than when someone just alt-f4's their game, we can then still /sr them and get them to play the other character.

tl;dr
- Great idea, but should be worked out a little different if accepted.
- Things like abuse are very much preventable in the way we make it.
- Monitoring this system would be easier than someone logging of and switching to their alt.

Hell yeah :sunglasses: AestheticRP for admin

SimplyLK

Level 67
SimplyLK
SimplyLK
Rich+
+1
I like the idea. I think a good reason this don't already exist is AvoidRP or to make getting positions more fair. However I propose another idea how this could

function. Now I think you specified for Senior Admins up and as good as that sounds, might not be fair for the rest of the community. As a server owner, financially servers are tough, cost a lot and much more to make them enjoyable. Given that, their is a problem with adding loads of custom items. Over time could cause a load of lag on the server. Not saying should be removed it's how SchoolRP gets constant funding for it's servers, but the recent append development makes ranks actually worth it. I feel like you can add this feature at certain ranks to avoid the use of a 2nd account. Staff would need to make rules how to combat the situation. I don't think would be hard to moderate and could be abused, but I do think like Tippie made mention, the staff team and developers could come up with ways to prevent it. It's not much different from cosmetics really. I do think with my version of this suggestion would make it cheaper on people, whilst at the same time make ranks more worth it and give another alternative of things to buy keeping the servers pocket full.

Hamburger

Level 187
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
I do not understand.
They're suggesting different tags or roles for one account, rather than having to make a million alts. So basically if you're a shop keeper but want to be a 12-grader for now you can do that command for that.

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
I asked KimiNoUso so many times about stufd like that, I love it. (as a person with 7 accounts I want to cry bc of the amount of roles and such)
+1

needle

Level 45

Imagine how much this would be abused. Also imagine being able to swap from KPD to grade 12 to kill another officer out of spite. Also it's against the rules. This would be cool on fantasyRP (which was stated above) but it allready is partially in frp so thats my reason for a -1
you could already do this but i swear to you nobody has

xBonnie

Level 70
Community Team
Media Team
Event Team
yBonnu
yBonnu
Omega+
+1 I like the concept, moderation would need to be considered more thoroughly. There would need to be a time limit between switching roles, like ages. There may also may be a limit on how many roles you can have on one account like languages.

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich
They're suggesting different tags or roles for one account, rather than having to make a million alts. So basically if you're a shop keeper but want to be a 12-grader for now you can do that command for that.
I feel as if it's a good idea on paper, but being implemented would take too much management. Also on a more realistic scale would be deficit. I am not against it. they are plenty of positives such as;

- Players with multiple roles are easily able to switch between.
- It is basically a profile setup in one. A character switcher per say.
- It minimizes the amount of time it takes to switch, and/or if you are on a timely mannered-roleplay.
- It creates a function which would easily be adaptable.

NEUTRAL

Users who are viewing this thread