pockyfingers
pockyfingers
Rich
KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section
IGN (In-Game Name):
pockyfingers

What is your discord name & tag?:
I’m not sure how the new discord username update works, it should either be malachi#7326 or pockyfingers

Previous bans:
I have no previous bans or warnings on SRP, nor do I plan to have any in the future.

Describe your activity on the server:
During the school year, obviously as anyones; my activity is slightly lower than during the summer. At the moment, I am an active player on the SchoolRP server, usually ranging from four to five hours daily, depending on my personal schedule. I have two accounts on the server but if I am accepted into the position I am applying for, that account will be prioritized over the other.

What is your timezone?:
CST/CT (Central)

List your current and past applications:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/ilymalachis-surgeon-ems-application.54037/ | [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/edited-toshio-nakamura-biology-application.50741/ | [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/swedish-lang-application.48252/ | [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/bbysick-spanish-application.54795/ | [ACCEPTED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/toshio-nakamura-biology-teacher-application.50539/ | [DENIED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/karakura-theatre-club.47908/ | [DENIED]

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
At the current moment, I’d like to say I have a good understanding of roleplay requirements and unspoken rules, what goes into it and what the outcome is expected to be. I enjoy partaking in all different kinds of roleplay, as anyone who plays SchoolRP does, however I have been in several different factions where the use of roleplay was necessary; Hospital faction, Teaching faction, etc. I do remember a lot of what I learnt whilst I was in the hospital faction previously.

What is your motivation for applying?
My motivation for applying for the hospital faction is to attempt to become an active member of the community and to be a positive influence. I’d also like to be able to experience roleplay from a different perspective because it would give me a unique opportunity to explore different character types and overall be able to learn about what people do as a whole while in the hospital faction.

Which role are you applying for?
(Surgeon, Doctor, or Psychiatrist):
Surgeon

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
In a hospital on SchoolRP, each division of the hospital (Surgeon, Doctor, Psychiatrist) each have an overseer or a lead of their smaller segment within the hospital faction.
In theory, a surgeon on SRP should be able to take on the responsibility of performing operations and other procedures to cure all different kinds of injuries or illnesses. Realistically a surgeon should be aware of the risks associated with their work and be able to ensure that they take measures to ensure the safety of the patient.
However, doctors in the medical field usually will take care of minor surgeries or minor illnesses, and pharmacy transactions within reason. Additionally, Surgeons and doctors are the only ones who are allowed to prescribe non-psychiatric medicines.
Psychiatrists in the hospital field are the only ones who are allowed to prescribe psychiatric medicines and take therapy sessions, and set treatment plans for their patients. In return, they also cannot prescribe non-psychiatric medications.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
Yes, I acknowledge that I am subject to being demoted at any time for whatever reason is necessary.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
Yes, I acknowledge that while I am applying for this role, if I am accepted I will have to be dedicated to the position and prioritize it as I stated earlier.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
Absolutely! I am well aware that if I am online during the time when training is held, I will be present, and if I don’t attend I will be punished accordingly.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
As common knowledge, any situations that are done ICly will not be taken OOCly, as well as OOC situations shouldn’t be brought into IC.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS
Character’s Full Name:

Niklas Soderdahl

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Cis Male, He/Him

Character’s Age (if accepted):

Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):

Masters in Medicine and Surgery

Character’s Nationality:
Swedish

Character’s Marital Status:
Single/Unmarried

Character’s Religious Denomination:
Lutheran

Character’s Spoken Languages:
Swedish
SSL/TSP (Swedish Sign Language)

Backstory (100+ Words)
Niklas Soderdahl was born in a small town in Sweden to Angie Bergqvist, a single mother who struggled to make ends meet. As he grew up, Niklas’ world began to change; His mother became ill and could no longer work. They struggled to pay rent and put food on the table. Eventually, they were evicted from their small apartment and forced onto the streets.
Determined not to give up, Niklas worked odd jobs throughout the town doing everything from washing dishes to delivering goods for local shopkeepers. Despite his efforts, it wasn't enough. He knew that if he were going to survive and help his mother survive too, he needed something more.
One day, while wandering through the cobblestone streets lined with shops selling intricately crafted ceramics and woven textiles in vibrant colors, he met a traveler from Japan. The traveler was enamored by the designs from one particular store, and she pointed after having bought some bags. She said, "You know they have wonderful things in Japan." That's when it hit him - the possibility of a new life in Japan!
After scrimping together enough money for a one-way ticket on a slow-paced steamer, he bided his time slowly working around delivering goods on the lonely docks just waiting - until finally that day arrived. Niklas boarded that ship with nothing more than a duffel bag containing all he had left of his life in Sweden. The slow muted blue waves beneath him seemed endless as they moved closer and closer towards Japan accompanied by only seagulls overhead.
Months later Niklas arrived in Karakura where everything was foreign and unfamiliar but at least something about it seemed so hopeful - opportunities everywhere!
It turned out that making a new start in Japan was going to be tough. He didn't speak the language and had a hard time finding work at first. His thick Swedish accent and blue eyes that stood out like a sore thumb made him easy to spot in Karakura’s crowded streets. The buzzing city felt overwhelming but there was life humming through the town, Niklas felt something here that he didn't feel anymore back home.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY
What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?
(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)

Niklas has a masters degree, majoring in Medicine and Surgery, he has been taking extensive online classes in different medical practices since late highschool, early college. As well as this, during college he took smaller psychology classes as he found the psychological aspects of the human mind utterly fascinating.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
Niklas spent two years at Yokohama City University Medical Center

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
Yes, He was a surgeon at a different hospital in japan.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
Yes.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE
Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Niklas is a thin, scrawny looking male standing at 5 '11, he has cool blonde hair usually tucked into a bun or ponytail high on his head. He is visually extremely pale, always walking with his head high and a confident demeanor emitting from him. Niklas is always showing off his well-painted nails, though is guilty of constantly picking off the nail polish. His wardrobe mostly consists of hoodies and sweatpants, but he does have a few nice dress shirts and pants.

How does your character act on and off duty?
Niklas is a highly driven and often reliable source while on duty and off duty. He always has been and always will be dedicated to his job and will go above and beyond to make sure it's done right. On duty, Niklas tries to keep a calm and quiet demeanor yet always emitting a confident glow, he usually is seen in an ER or talking with patient’s families in the waiting room. He takes his work very seriously and is always ready to help one of his colleagues. He is extremely organized down to every detail, playing constant attention to the tasks at hand and that they are completed correctly. However, off duty he is often found playing volleyball at the beach, one of his favorite pastimes other than spending it with his friends of choice. He is an avid horror movie lover and a very active member of the community, volunteering wherever he feels needed. Niklas is always sure that he makes a positive impact wherever he goes.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
Admittedly, whether Niklas is by himself or with others, he is sure he can get whatever job is at hand done, even though sometimes he enjoys the presence of others. Realistically, a surgeon should be able to do surgeries and other procedures on their own, and Niklas can do just that and manage perfectly fine! However, if it comes down to it, he always enjoys having his friends around in all different types of situations, who doesn't love being around their buddies?

What plans does your character have for the future?
Ever since Niklas was a child, he had dreamed of becoming a surgeon one day to help make a difference in people's lives. He has worked hard to make that dream a reality, and is now ready to pursue his well-awaited career in surgery. From now on and into the future, he plans on dedicating his life to the profession of being a surgeon and hopes to eventually be able to provide for a family of his own. Niklas is well committed to this path and believes that if he puts in the effort and dedication he can make that same difference in many people.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
Niklas has always been perceived as a bit hyper-active, but nonetheless a kind and generous person by everyone around him. He has a reputation for always being dependable and willing to lend a hand to anyone in need. He is known for always sharing what's on his mind, and random aspects of knowledge freely.

However, It isn't a secret that Niklas isn't very fond of himself and is relatively hard on his own actions . He is always over-criticizing his own actions and expects more than what is possible to the best of his ability. Usually, he is very overly cautious and guarded, seeking to avoid making any mistakes that are humanly possible. This can sometimes lead him to becoming extremely focused on his work and Niklas doesn't even realize it. The people around Niklas are often aware of this side of him and are supportive and understanding.​

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 233
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
DENIED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, however, we have decided to deny this application due to the following reasons:

- Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the faction, we often have to deny good applicants because there are others that have been deemed as better choices, whether it's due to server reputation or due to the detail that was put into their application. We highly recommend you try to apply again next wave!

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 4lx. - via discord, and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread