mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Teacher/Professor Classroom Mailbox

mactatti

Level 14
What's your Minecraft Username?: silhouette_once
What's the title of your suggestion?: Teacher/Professor Classroom Mailbox

What's your suggestion?:
So I’d like to suggest making a change to the teaching factions to make it so teachers/prof’s have more interaction with students and or to make our lives much easier! So I suggest on making teacher/Prof Mailbox’s which could work in two differently ways!

1st Way; Well for the first way you could make mailboxes via the reception desks making it so that us Professors can place stuff into each others mailboxes such as one that isn’t online and or if a student needs to turn in late work they could just turn it via the receptionists deskl I know if there is a professor that’s mailbox is at the back of the student they can walk or do it after when detention is there.

2nd Way; Well this one is way more simpler than the last when a teacher or Prof is offline and a student needs to turn an assignment in they could just go to the classroom door of that designated classroom and turn there late work in via like a hopper like system like the counselors office.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
This could be helpful to the students that auctally wanna complete an assignment and auctally RP having late work due.

Hamburger

Level 187
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
Neutral
It does seem useful when you think about it at first... but there are a couple of problems.
Easily abusable. Students can easily flood a mailbox with useless stuff just to annoy a teacher/professor. Also, teachers and professors don't typically accept late assignments. There are more, I'm just feeling lazy rn fr

andrei

Level 46
StardusCrusader
StardusCrusader
Rich+
Having a "Mail" feature for Teachers/Professors sounds nice.

I'd like it to be placed at the faculty lounge's outside, same feature as for councillors but directly towards any faculty.

TenRP

Level 33
10RP
10RP
Rich
Neutral

I like how you tried to show a new way of roleplaying with the late work situations. I couldn't see this working, that's my only concern.

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
+1 I see this being a nice slice of life update for the school. Professors can also possibly have mailboxes outside their classrooms via hopper for students to drop suggestions in and teachers look at later

-kam

Level 74
-1 for one and only reason. trolls or people that are just gonna send hate stuff.

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
-1 for one and only reason. trolls or people that are just gonna send hate stuff.
As someone who was a counselor when they first came out & had the mailbox players don't troll. Sure sometimes food gets dropped in but it's nothing that's been serious. That said, if "hate mail" gets dropped into these mailboxes it can easily be reported to staff (if it breaks the rules) or handled ICly. But in my experience with mailboxes I've never had a problem with inappropriate mail being sent (and I've worked with mailboxes for years)

DarkEclipic

Level 159
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
+1

There could be a chest by the faculty room like how the student body has one out side of the councilor room

kustomzero

Level 130
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
+1
This could be a neat feature for the school faculty and it could be used with great ease too. And if anything was trolled or hate mail like Infi stated just report it to an SLT or to a staff member if it breaks a server rule.

What's your Minecraft Username?: silhouette_once
What's the title of your suggestion?: Teacher/Professor Classroom Mailbox

What's your suggestion?:
So I’d like to suggest making a change to the teaching factions to make it so teachers/prof’s have more interaction with students and or to make our lives much easier! So I suggest on making teacher/Prof Mailbox’s which could work in two differently ways!

1st Way; Well for the first way you could make mailboxes via the reception desks making it so that us Professors can place stuff into each others mailboxes such as one that isn’t online and or if a student needs to turn in late work they could just turn it via the receptionists deskl I know if there is a professor that’s mailbox is at the back of the student they can walk or do it after when detention is there.

2nd Way; Well this one is way more simpler than the last when a teacher or Prof is offline and a student needs to turn an assignment in they could just go to the classroom door of that designated classroom and turn there late work in via like a hopper like system like the counselors office.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
This could be helpful to the students that auctally wanna complete an assignment and auctally RP having late work due.
+1 I I agree with this as well! I think a mailbox would be useful for a variety of reasons!

aoblossom

Level 15
+1

Most schools normally have a mailbox in the administrative room, in this case it would be the receptionists desk, so I wouldn't see an issue with having it. Just a nice simple addition to the school.

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
back when teachers could 100% fully customize their classrooms, I usually added a mailbox to mine. very rarely was it flooded with random crap, and on the occasions that it is, it takes no more than a few seconds to drop it on the floor.

there is no downside to this suggestion and all it would require is adding some chests / hoppers here and there throughout the school

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We'll look into adding a system to do this.​

Users who are viewing this thread