mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

that 1 forum post you love

Ruin

Level 112
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
do you guys got favorite forum posts? mine is that 1 time a player asked who's the best gangrper
I still sometimes go to that forum post whenever im bored or feel nostalgic

(dont necropost that forums post though i wldnt want staff to delete it or anyone getting in trouble)

anyways, whats yours?

Arocatula

Level 194
Arocatula
Arocatula
Rich+
We're all proud of that one application post that got accepted and we think we have done a great job of it.

Arocatula

Level 194
Arocatula
Arocatula
Rich+
my applications. yes. and some roleplay documents. my fourth event team application is one of my beloveds
I've barely made roleplay documents but I do look back at some of my General posts and just cringe so hard at some of those. (I get bored...)

SIMPL3Z

Level 103
Community Team
Lore Team
2 ruin shitposts before GTA 6. I'm tempted to make a bingo card for topics of ruin06 shit posts

-kam

Level 100
lowkey, the report forums cus like they get so creative over blocks, cant wait to join em

philbertman42

Level 143
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
A very long list of players, in which I created a very long list of players.

This is how I did it:
1. Manually went into every SRP discord and recorded the IGN of every player who was part of a faction, club, community team, etc. I didn't bother with any unofficial servers (like families or gangs) since the only means of finding them is by asking people (I am afraid of human interaction).
2. Wrote a script that used the Minecraft API to find the UUID associated with each IGN. This would prevent me from logging the same player twice, should they ever change their IGN in the future.
(2.5. Pruned any duplicate UUIDs and pruned any invalid IGNs that were changed before I could run the script)
3. Sorted the list of UUIDs alphabetically, so that I could say I sorted them alphabetically if somebody brought it up. Somebody brought it up (this made me cackle maniacally like a villain whose grand scheme was finally being realized.)
4. Flipped my previous script to fetch player IGNs from their UUIDs.

In total, there were 435 names added to the list. I did come up with a plan to update the list with a LOT more names (specifically with the vast majority of players who aren't in a faction) but I never got around to it lol. Maybe I'll revisit the idea one day and add a few more digits to that final number.

Fun fact, our main man mister owner joshua "KimiNoUso" and I are neighbors on this list, since our UUIDs are very close when sorted alphabetically. This means literally nothing, but I'm pretending it makes me cooler somehow (it totally does)
1fe0994cf3b74ea9a7cb97f779d33eba - philbertman42
1fb3474c3c4e4691b71f70598295f9d1 - KimiNoUso

Last edited:

Ruin

Level 112
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
Thats a really interesting forum post phil.
A very long list of players, in which I created a very long list of players.

This is how I did it:
1. Manually went into every SRP discord and recorded the IGN of every player who was part of a faction, club, community team, etc. I didn't bother with any unofficial servers (like families or gangs) since the only means of finding them is by asking people (I am afraid of human interaction).
2. Wrote a script that used the Minecraft API to find the UUID associated with each IGN. This would prevent me from logging the same player twice, should they ever change their IGN in the future.
3. Sorted the list of UUIDs alphabetically, so that I could say I sorted them alphabetically if somebody brought it up. Somebody brought it up (this made me cackle maniacally like a villain whose grand scheme was finally being realized.)
4. Flipped my previous script to fetch player IGNs from their UUIDs.

In total, there were 435 names added to the list. I did come up with a plan to update the list with a LOT more names (specifically with the vast majority of players who aren't in a faction) but I never got around to it lol. Maybe I'll revisit the idea one day and add a few more digits to that final number.

Fun fact, our main man mister owner joshua "KimiNoUso" and I are neighbors on this list, since our UUIDs are very close when sorted alphabetically. This means literally nothing, but I'm pretending it makes me cooler somehow (it totally does)
1fe0994cf3b74ea9a7cb97f779d33eba - philbertman42
1fb3474c3c4e4691b71f70598295f9d1 - KimiNoUso

philbertman42

Level 143
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Thats a really interesting forum post phil.
it was okay i guess but what would have been REALLY cool is if I averaged out the skins of all 435 players to see what the average SRP skin would look like (which is originally what I wanted to do but I ran into too many issues that I was too lazy to figure out so I settled for a list of names lol)

Ruin

Level 112
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
it was okay i guess but what would have been REALLY cool is if I averaged out the skins of all 435 players to see what the average SRP skin would look like (which is originally what I wanted to do but I ran into too many issues that I was too lazy to figure out so I settled for a list of names lol)
what about combining the skins of the names you got and then call it the average skin?

philbertman42

Level 143
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
what about combining the skins of the names you got and then call it the average skin?
theres tons of free software on the internet that allows you to do just that in bulk, but at the time my brain wasn't large enough to comprehend how they worked (none of them are programs, you have to use your computer's quirky command line).

It's not hard to do manually, but I'm not doing that with more than like a few skins at most. Here's a sample of a few of my skins, for fun.
1716739970286.png

Ruin

Level 112
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
theres tons of free software on the internet that allows you to do just that in bulk, but at the time my brain wasn't large enough to comprehend how they worked (none of them are programs, you have to use your computer's quirky command line).

It's not hard to do manually, but I'm not doing that with more than like a few skins at most. Here's a sample of a few of my skins, for fun.
View attachment 64205
that looks crazy, good job nonetheless

maraa

Level 212
jvllyfsh
jvllyfsh
Omega
yes

this and another, it had something to do with bobcat and spartan rivalry, and it was about egging, and i wish i could find it cause i was featured >_<

Users who are viewing this thread