uta

Level 103
wavestalker
wavestalker
Omega+
IGN: wavestalker

DATE: 8/18/23

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Let us build on the new Business Park apartment complex balconies! (INCLUDING BLOCK K!)

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Personally, the fact we cannot build on the balconies is rather dumb. Considering you can literally build on the balconies of BOTH Block H and Block L and the apartments there are rather small (and the other larger apartment complexes like D and E and uhhhh whatever else there were), why can’t us people living in the business park also build on our balconies? Like- it’s basically useless to have them if we can’t even build a couch to sit on outside... for example, I had just bought a Block N apartment and it has TWO balconies! But I cannot build on either of them! It’s unfair to those who have literally small apartments to build on their own balconies compared to like, Block K people who pay 100k for theirs and can’t even put a single thing on their balcony.

And yes, I know the business park just came out...

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
1692417562126.png
This is why we didn't allow you guys to have balcony access

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
-1 It makes everything look nicer when people don't build on the balconies

Hirathex

Level 252
Senior Admin
Black Market Lead
Police Lead
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+

Like Infi posted the current editable balconies are often a mess. I've seen so many people straight-up build bathrooms, giant trees, and just generally not good exteriors along with so many other things

sir meow

Level 38
Z0mbi3chan
Z0mbi3chan
Rich
+1, were paying for it so why cant we build on it? in my opinion all apartments should let you build on the balcony because you'd be able to customize it better plus some people need some storage space and balconys are a good place for that, and also sometimes its nice to see what people have made. also most balconies look REAALLLYY boring with them being just empty, like the new penthouses! way too much open space and its a little bare
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/856463320834637858/1142342119189651636/image.png

Last edited:

sir meow

Level 38
Z0mbi3chan
Z0mbi3chan
Rich

Like Infi posted the current editable balconies are often a mess. I've seen so many people straight-up build bathrooms, giant trees, and just generally not good exteriors along with so many other things
this doesint make sense to me because some people are really good at building and actually make balcony's.. LOOK LIKE BALCONIES

horrorabbit

Level 11
horrorabbit
horrorabbit
Omega+
LMFAOO The way the mods ganged up on this post smh

+1 cause I think this a p much a given however it does make it look a lot uglier...

Ashtetic

Level 52
Ashtetic
Ashtetic
Omega+
+1, what’s the point of having balconies if you can’t even decorate it the way you want to? YES. Some builds may be not so good but let them show creativity with it, I love seeing the different styles in my opinion.

Angry

Level 31
GrrAngry
GrrAngry
Omega+
+1.. I agree that sometimes designs get out of hand and can look unrealistic, but from what I've seen, most people just put a couch and enjoy the view.. Why have it blank? It's a bit blah :3

Barbie_

Level 26
BarbieG1rl_
BarbieG1rl_
Omega
+1 Limiting our abilities to build just because by others its seemed as ugly must be the worst argument I've heard
Edit:
I get the aesthetics of places etc. I really do. In such case make regulations/rules about what can and can not be built on balconies :D Because i'd like to add some chairs or a grill on a balcony to have somewhere to roleplay free weekends of working adults who as soon as the weather hit 15 celsius degrees went out to grill

Last edited:
IGN: wavestalker

DATE: 8/18/23

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Let us build on the new Business Park apartment complex balconies! (INCLUDING BLOCK K!)

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: Personally, the fact we cannot build on the balconies is rather dumb. Considering you can literally build on the balconies of BOTH Block H and Block L and the apartments there are rather small (and the other larger apartment complexes like D and E and uhhhh whatever else there were), why can’t us people living in the business park also build on our balconies? Like- it’s basically useless to have them if we can’t even build a couch to sit on outside... for example, I had just bought a Block N apartment and it has TWO balconies! But I cannot build on either of them! It’s unfair to those who have literally small apartments to build on their own balconies compared to like, Block K people who pay 100k for theirs and can’t even put a single thing on their balcony.

And yes, I know the business park just came out...
+1

I can fully understand both arguments truthfully. But I have to say, For those paying a lot for the new pents and such to NOT have the ability to edit their own balcony seems frustrating for them. [I don't have a pent, and my balcony literally faces the mountains...]
Maybe add more restrictions on whats allowed?

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+

Players can't be trusted with realistic builds. And restrictions would only be followed for a week, then ignored. Then staff would deal with it, and it'd repeat.

Plus Business Park already looks 'cramped', adding editable balcony would make everything even more stuffy and ugly as no one has the same building aesthetic.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
We have given the community countless chances to make realistic builds in their apartments. I do not think it is fair to let most people (yes, unfortunately we're talking about the majority of the community) ruin the builders' work just because players want to extend their apartments.

In real life, people don't just put a fully-furnished kitchen with two floors in their balcony. They just use it to sit down and watch the horizon.

DivingBlues

Level 55
Shrine Lead
Builder
No offence as a builder a lot of the balconies I see aren’t realistic or look bad. Don’t get me wrong I’d love to build there. But it gets so messy and wouldn’t look like drawing your eye away from the already well done exterior.

Users who are viewing this thread