mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

"THE RETURN" Reporter | SkyFantasyLoLs (ALT)

SkyFantasyWorld

Level 78
SkyFantasyWorld
SkyFantasyWorld
Omega

OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)? Please include ALL your alternative accounts:
Applying: SkyFantasyLoL | Alts: SkyFantasyRat, SkyFantasyWorld

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
I indeed do have a discord AND a microphone! My user is skyfantasyworld

List your timezone and country:
GMT+8 | Philippines

Describe your activity:
While I do acknowledge and admit that I am not as active as I used to be anymore compared to the past, being that, as I’ve said before in my previous applications I need to focus on the last year of senior highschool as I am applying to Colleges and Universities, I currently rate myself at a 7 out of 10 due to IRL responsibilities. But! I did learn to manage my time now though due to said things, (cough bad time management back then wooo…) as though not online everyday, I did dedicate certain days to SRP and get on whenever I can if I have nothing else to do especially in school. Other than that though, I'm pretty much active on Discord 24/7, and can be contacted regardless even if I'm in school, the only time I won’t reply is when I’m sleeping.

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):
Accepted | Professor Application | https://schoolrp.net/threads/law-professor-skyfantasyrat-alt.63643/
Accepted | Maiden Application | https://schoolrp.net/threads/shrine-maiden-skyrubii-alt.64229/
Accepted | Host Club Application | https://schoolrp.net/threads/host-club-skyfantasyw0rld.58540/
Accepted | Tutor Application | https://schoolrp.net/threads/tutor-skyfantasywor1d-alt.53127/
Accepted | Reporter Application | https://schoolrp.net/threads/reporter-vxnhc-alt.48084/
Accepted | Lawyer Application | https://schoolrp.net/threads/lawyer-skyfantazyworld-alt.47435/
Denied | Staff Application | https://schoolrp.net/threads/skyfantasyworlds-staff-application.50688/

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
One of my motivations for applying once more to the Reporter Faction is my genuine longing for both the faction itself and the individuals who make up it as it holds a special place in my heart. Of course, my motivation to re-apply is not just me wanting to be with the faction again, but a drive to improve my writing skills despite my existing experiences. I want to still be able to produce pieces for the community on the server again with a newly improved style that I’ve been working on and to be able to share it with hopes that those who read it, will be interested in the articles that I plan to write if I do get accepted.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
Yes, I do in fact have experience with writing! I was previously part of the Reporter Faction here for more than a year, before having to leave due to personal reasons, as now I wish to return and improve upon my skills in writing articles for the servers due to looking back at my old reports, and may or may not be disappointed on how I’ve written them.

But of course, before I joined Reporter Faction back then, I actively participated in the Journalism Club throughout my junior highschool years at my school. And now, as a senior highschool student, I serve as the Press Corps’ Senior Editor in my school's Model United Nations (MUN) Club. Overseeing and approving articles created by my lovely junior members, offering guidance and training them in covering our mock conferences. (Just wanna say I love them beri much and training them is the best)

Outside school, I compete in international MUN competitions, representing various news agencies like CNN, Washington Post, etc., These experiences help me improve my writing skills in not just mock conferences, but normal writing too as I tend to use my skills in lore and such like my character biographies that can be viewed by everyone on the website!

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
Yes, I am aware of the rules that I have to follow upon joining the faction, and I promised to keep up with what I said, and I will do so until the end. I will do my absolute best to follow not just faction rules, but SRP rules as well, to learn from my mistakes, to not repeat them, and to follow them to the best of my abilities.

Why should we accept you over others?:
Even though I am aware I'm leaning toward becoming a lawyer in the future, I still have a strong passion for writing, which is evident from my past experiences. I yearn to write for the server again once more, to have a new type of writing instead of the one I am so used to, I think what makes me stand out now and should be accepted over others is because of my skills, my background, and my love for writing. I enjoyed being part of the faction before, and I believe I can bring valuable contributions to the team once again.

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)
I understand and will make sure that I do not have any biases when reporting, especially if it is in regard to any gangs, etc.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
Yes! I promise now that I have more free time, I will do more reports and make sure to post at least a report every month if I get accepted.

Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:
Well from personal experience as a person who used to be a reporter, we write articles to tell everyone about what's happening on the server. From events, random topics, and updates around town. It's a way to keep everyone updated, especially those who couldn't be there when things happened. Our goal is not just to inform but also to make our reports entertaining for everyone.

IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name:
“My full LEGAL name is Sky Hanazono Edgeworth.”

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr)
“Ms. Sky, or Ms. Hanazono, I don’t mind Ms. Edgeworth as well.”

Current Age (25+):
“Recently only turned twenty-five.”

Past job/work experience:
“I have no past jobs as this will be my first official one. The only work experience I have is owning my own company here in Karakura, Hanazono Inc.”

Degree/qualifications:
"I took a dual degree during my time studying in Canada, earning majors in both Political Science and Creative Writing. Additionally, I acquired my minors as well in History and Journalism during those times.”

Nationality and born location:
“I am Japanese, born in Karakura, Japan, but grew up in Germany.”

Phone Number:
“030-921-5750!”

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
"Now me personally, I would describe myself as someone with many colorful personalities due to my D.I.D., but despite the variations in how I act, I am always confident in my abilities to deliver high-quality work! I have a mindset where I always welcome insights from others to improve my existing knowledge and better my skills. My approach to tasks is always valued in collaboration and communication, valuing input from others as an important part of my self-improvement in not just skills, but myself as well."

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
“Mostly my interests lie within covering the government side of our town. As a person who has studied Political Science and funny enough, an aspiring lawyer, I want to show the people the workings of our local government, the ins and the outs. To achieve such reports though, I need to talk to the people in charge, get their views, and share their experiences, allowing them to share their insights on the system. As considering stepping out of my comfort zone though, is something I embrace willingly. Being a reporter means tackling different subjects, and topics regardless of preference or opinions when handed the chance even if it is about gangs, day-to-day life, etc.”

What are your expectations for the job?:
“My expectations for this job are to be able to work in a team where I can contribute and learn from others! I want to experience an environment where we share knowledge and help each other and not be the commanding one for once. I want to show this town what I can write, what I can make, and keep them entertained. To be just like my step-father, as he was a previous reporter too.”

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
“I have no criminal record whatsoever.”

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
“Japanese, German, and JSL.”

PROMPTS:
You will have to write two reports about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you're found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing players about an event or significant issues to Karakura.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Cultural Tapestry of Karakura: A Deep Dive into its Music and Entertainment Scene
By: Sky Hanazono Edgeworth
xx/xx/23

Karakura, despite it's occasionally mysterious vibe, where the ever-present danger looms and lurks, is more than that. The town still stands out as a cultural place for all, due to its vast amounts of people from all over the world not just in Japan, it has been passing through borders all over the world. This report is all about exploring the lively music and entertainment scene in Karakura, focusing on talented folks who could shape the town's creative future. And guess what? We're inviting you, our dear viewers, to be part of this creative community.

Itsuki Saiky - The Prodigy with a Voice:
Meet Itsuki, at the tender age of 13-years-old, already has a talent that's turning heads in the music world, emerging as a promising talent. While her performances has only been to local spaces among friends, Itsuki's voice and lyrics as those who aren't her friend's have witnessed it, is blown away and have given praise. It's clear that Itsuki has something special, and everyone is excited to see where her talent takes her in the future. In the story of Karakura's music scene, Itsuki Saiky is a bright star just getting started, and we can't wait to see where her talent takes her next.

Furina de Árchon - The Theatrical Luminary:
Hailing from France's theater scene, despite being a newcomer in Karakura, Furina de Árchon has proven herself determined to spread acting and performances in the town, bringing her experience as a leading actress to Karakura. Drawing on her experience, she's on a mission to amp up the drama scene in town, she hopes her efforts in promoting a local theater group will grow, as she quotes, "I wish to see more spectacular drama around this area! Honestly, all you see most of the time is masked people hurting others, it's time to show people a new experience instead!"

So, Karakura isn't just known for its mysterious reputation. It's a potential cultural hub calling people like you, our viewers, from all walks of life. This report is like an invitation for you to be part of creating a new story for our town. Despite its faults, Karakura can be memorable for something else, something extraordinary. Whether through joining groups, collaborating with others, or participating in upcoming events – there's so many opportunities to take and show your creative side. Let's make it unforgettable together!

Do you have something you'd like to report or be reported on?
Call the Reporter Hotline at (020) 980-4487 or message us on Onrain @KaNews

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

#2 - Interview. It's important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Unveiling the Shadows: Former Akihito Clan Member Opens Up in Exclusive Interview, Revealing Town's Mysterious Past
By: Sky Hanazono Edgeworth
xx/xx/23

Karakura News has managed to have an interview with an ex-Akihito Clan member, providing a rare glimpse into the workings of the now non-existent group as they shed light on their personal experiences in their time at the Clan. The Akihito Clan, once a well-known presence in the shadows of this town, is now a relic of the past, its disbandment filled with mystery.

For privacy reasons, their face has been blocked, and their voice altered, preserving their identity.

[!] As the video started, a familiar figure—perhaps that of an ex-reporter— sat on the opposite of Sky. [!]
Sky: fidgeted in her seat, tapping a pen anxiously. “Could you kindly introduce yourself and share a bit about your background, dear friend?” [1]
‘SEA’: “Certainly, my dear. Most knew me by the nickname ‘SEA’ back then, but for privacy, I'll keep my real name under wraps,” they chuckled, tilting their head while reclining on the sofa.
‘SEA’: “I used to be part of the Akihito Clan in my youth but departed when I realized it wasn't the life for me.”
Sky: hummed thoughtfully, raising a brow, “How exactly did you become involved with the Akihito Clan?” [2]
‘SEA’: They shifted in his seat momentarily before slowly speaking, “…It was during college. I had recently returned to Karakura after a few months away following the loss of someone. I was, lost, searching for purpose when your brother offered me a place in the Clan. So, I accepted.”
Sky: “Ah,” surprise was in her voice at the mention of her brother, staring at him before she continued, “Were you aware of what the Akihito Clan exactly was? Or were you surprised?” [3]
‘SEA’: “Well, it was. I was genuinely surprised to discover their workings when I joined,” they admitted, “But I learned throughout my time despite it.”
Sky: leaned forward, curiosity gleaming in her eyes despite the sunglasses she wore, “Is that so? did you ever find the purpose you were searching for when you joined then?” [4]
‘SEA’: A thoughtful feeling was on their movements before he responded, giving a small nod, “In a way, yes, I found a semblance of purpose when I was in the Clan.”
Sky: “Were there any moments that made you question your decision to leave the Akihito Clan?” “Did you ever regret it?” [5]
‘SEA’: Their body language shifted, a slight silence before they finally spoke, “There were moments, certainly. Leaving behind a part of your past always comes with its own set of doubts.”

Sky: “Can you share a memorable experience or challenge you faced during your time with the Akihito Clan?” [6]
‘SEA’: “Well, there was one, I think everyone is familiar with it, especially those who have been in this town for quite a while. The Akihito-Kishi War.”

‘SEA’: "It was a time when the fight for power and ideologies was at its peak in this town. Many were injured during it… Including me.” the weight of memories was obvious in their body, though despite it, their voice remained calm.
Sky: "...And where did you fit into all of this? What role did you play during the Akihito-Kishi War?" [7]

‘SEA’: “I was a soldier on the front lines, at the powerplant, that’s where it all happened, and in the end, we still lost.”
Sky: Let out a small breath she didn’t know she was holding, changing the topic for the sake of the other person, “How did your departure from the Akihito Clan impact your relationships, both within and outside the organization?” [8]
‘SEA’: “Leaving had its repercussions.” they lifted their left hand, showing the missing pinky, “Some ties weakened, while others endured the test of time.”
Sky: “Is there a part of your Akihito Clan experience that you've deliberately kept secret until now?” [9]
‘SEA’: a small chuckle escaped out of their mouth again, clasping their hands together now, “There are always aspects better left in the shadows, my dear Sky.”
Sky: froze at that for a moment, yet relaxed right after, “Reflecting on your journey, do you have any regrets regarding your association with the Akihito Clan?” [10]
‘SEA’: “Regrets, yes, but they're woven into the fabric of who I am now. I wouldn't be here without them.” they said with a shake of their head.
Sky: “Thank you for doing this interview, ‘SEA’. Your insights into the town's past workings and your personal experiences, hopefully, would be useful to those who listen to this. Do you have any final words you'd like to share?”

‘SEA’: “Hmm, not really, except to be cautious in this town. You never know what might happen at every turn,” they chuckled.

[!] The video would end there. [!]

Do you have something you'd like to report or be reported on?
Call the Reporter Hotline at (020) 980-4487 or message us on Onrain @KaNews

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Last edited:

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
acceptedapplications.png

After careful discussion with the other members of the faction, we have chosen to accept you:

Please get in touch with me via Discord @ aania to start the process and get you set up!

Welcome to the News Faction! (again) :D

Users who are viewing this thread