Timezones during KPD arrests

Yuuradio

Level 3
IGN: UNDEADtags
DATE: 6/21/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
KPD arrest logs should all be based off the same time zone
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
KPD arrest logs should all be based off the same time zone, instead of just the arresting officer's. Overall, it'd cause less confusion / warns for people of extremely different time zones.

For example: Two people are arrested on the same day. The date will be 6/9/2023.

Arresting officer 1 arrests suspect 1 - They have a 9 hour time difference. The time it is for suspect 1 is 4PM on 6/9/2023. However, the arresting officer's time zone is 1am, 6/10/2023. The arrest will be logged for 6/10/2023.

Arresting officer 2 arrests suspect 2 - They have a 1 hour time difference. The time it is for suspect 2 is 4PM on 6/9/2023. Meanwhile, it is only 5PM for the arresting officer on the same date, 6/9/2023.

Even though the suspects were arrested at the same time, suspect 1 has to wait an extra day due to the time zone difference. Regardless of /their/ time zone, they have to wait a whole extra day to GangRP, meanwhile suspect 2 can GangRP a day sooner than them. Along with this, suspect 1 will have to wait an extra day to be bailed as well.

According to the rules, you only have to wait 2 days, but some people are forced to wait 3 due to the time zones. This leads to false warns, confusion with bails, etc. If the KPD logs were based off a singular time zone, everyone would be on the same track for when they can bail / resume GangRP / etc.
[IMAGES IF ANY]
1687416501716.png

The same situation happened with Evgeni and Zarmen ^

DarkEclipic

Level 160
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+

I get that this is frustrating, but Timezones is just something we as SRP'ers just have to deal with when it comes to roleplay, waiting an extra day due to timezones ISN'T that much of an issue.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
It’s a 48 hour timer; it doesn’t go off just days.

I’ve seen Yonio speak on this before when a player said something about their timer in a gang chat, you just need to make sure you set a timer and show any staff that ask about it

(If this is wrong, it’ll be corrected)

Donquin

Level 1

I get that this is frustrating, but Timezones is just something we as SRP'ers just have to deal with when it comes to roleplay, waiting an extra day due to timezones ISN'T that much of an issue.
I dont think its that hard for them to just put a timezone that all kpd follows for arrests to make it fair for everyone so theres no confusion in the timezones because some of it is kinda unrealistic if two people get arrested icly but yet one can gangrp in two days and one can gang rp in three days because of timezones, yet the rules say u gotta wait two days to gangrp but because of timezones some people have to wait three and it isnt fair

Yuuradio

Level 3
It is that much of an issue when players are getting warned. People are going off their own time zones, so, when they get warned --> it gets THEIR gang striked. It's unfair on the player, and the player's gang leader.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
People are going off their own time zones, so, when they get warned
To avoid future warns, don’t go off of days - the warnings aren’t caused by the officer having a different timezone, but because the 48 hour timer isn’t over

DarkEclipic

Level 160
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
I dont think its that hard for them to just put a timezone that all kpd follows for arrests to make it fair for everyone so theres no confusion in the timezones because some of it is kinda unrealistic if two people get arrested icly but yet one can gangrp in two days and one can gang rp in three days because of timezones, yet the rules say u gotta wait two days to gangrp but because of timezones some people have to wait three and it isnt fair
It isn't based off timezones, Nylu has it correct that you need to wait 2 OOCly days from the time of YOU/OTHERS being arrested. This is stated in 7.2a in the rules. I also asked an officer just to confirm this.

Undesires

Level 21
Undesires
Undesires
Omega
+1, this thread speaks more about than just the GangRP aspect of this situation. It also goes over how suspect 1 will have to wait an extra day for their character's bail. Sure, it's a one-day difference. But either way, it's still frustrating for the person trying to get bailed. Esp the mfs that be getting 5-day wait times, adding an extra day to that is basically waiting a whole week to bail your character. Some people may not /want/ to GangRP on anyone but their main gang character. And some people ONLY GangRP, meaning they have nothing to do during this waiting period. KPD doesn't go off the exact hour of your arrest, they go off the date they see in the logs. I've seen this many, many times from past experience of people trying to bail off the exact hour of their arrest, but being told they need to wait until the next day to bail.

Yuuradio

Level 3
It isn't based off timezones, Nylu has it correct that you need to wait 2 OOCly days from the time of YOU/OTHERS being arrested. This is stated in 7.2a in the rules. I also asked an officer just to confirm this.
So it says he has to wait two ooc days right, he got arrested the same time as Undesires but yet for him its the 21st, and for Undesires its the 20th, wouldnt he have to wait until the 23rd and Undesires until the 22nd to gangrp? or they just have to wait two ooc days for themselves off their own timezone and not off what it says in the arrest logs because thats just the officers timezone and not theirs? cause its also the arrest logs that make it confusing due to the date for the player

DarkEclipic

Level 160
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
So it says he has to wait two ooc days right, he got arrested the same time as Undesires but yet for him its the 21st, and for Undesires its the 20th, wouldnt he have to wait until the 23rd and Undesires until the 22nd to gangrp? or they just have to wait two ooc days for themselves off their own timezone and not off what it says in the arrest logs because thats just the officers timezone and not theirs? cause its also the arrest logs that make it confusing due to the date for the player
The time on the sheet(that is right by the date) is the date in which they are able to be bailed. To REJOIN a gang and the activities that you are in, you are able to wait 2 oocly days from the arrest(based on the rules and what an officer told me) to use a side character for said gang.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
or they just have to wait two ooc days for themselves off their own timezone and not off what it says in the arrest logs because thats just the officers timezone and not theirs?
Neither

Regardless of the timezone, they need to wait exactly 48 hours (on the dot), not two days. Two days is wayyy too broad, because the scenario you mentioned can be flipped the other way and cause more issues.

For example, if you were arrested at 6:32 pm on a Tuesday, you’d need to wait till Thursday at 6:32pm to gangrp again (2 days)

EnderBubs

Level 58

It’s simple, the arresting officers timezone is what will be logged in the spreadsheet. Timezones are complicated and make it hard, yea it’s annoying and yes it can suck a bit but most of the time you are waiting an extra few hours before being able to bail your character. Gangrpers and others can wait those few hours for there character to be bailed. Just be patient

Lizalopod

Level 130
just wait lol

it aint that deep, no one is actually getting warned for trying to bail their character at the wrong time, you just get told they cant be bailed icly

EDIT: Okay i see the issue now, but its going to be a big fat -1 from me.

This isnt an issue about the KPD timer, its an issue about you guys not respecting the rules here.

1687442727959.png

If you get arrested, you cant gangrp with the gang you belong to until after 2 OOC days, you dont need to rely on KPD arrest times for this at all. The issue here isnt that you guys were confused by the KPD arrest logs, it is that you guys ignored this rule and continued to gangroleplay not even after a day from the arrests. Obviously, someone must have reported this to staff. If you do not want to get warned for this, then just respect the rules and wait the 2 days :/

Last edited:

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I don’t think it’s that big of deal to add a time zone next to the date to be completely honest. It all doesn’t have to be the same time zone, but I feel like it’s not that much more work to put your time zone or a time zone next to the arrest date.

+1

GINGYZ

Level 88
MarriedtoEmma
MarriedtoEmma
Notable
neutral??

all I will say is that I feel as KPD should now just have a timezone thing put next to our arrests to help out other people but simply all I can say about arrests is just wait. I’ve never seen any warned for asking about bails at the wrong time neither have I ever warned someone for that

Users who are viewing this thread