mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

/toggleholographs

Nova

Level 36
What's your Minecraft Username?: BoyfriendXML
What's the title of your suggestion?: /toggleholographs

What's your suggestion?:
A simple quality of life command that toggles the tutorial holographs off for extra immersion.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
People enjoy creating screenshots, and newbies won't know about this command until they look through the command list thoroughly or if someone tells them about it if they become a roleplayer who spends a lot of time on the server. Using shaders and screenshotting plenty of Karakura's builds is wonderful, although at times the holographs tend to ruin screenshots, break immersion, more. This command won't affect everyone, but it might also help with discerning nametags if that would be an issue without the use of mods.

EnderBubs

Level 57
Yeah +1 times a thousand. As someone who takes ss of buildings for applications or reports or other factors it can be so annoying when those shaders revel things like name tags or holograms through walls. Being able to turn off nametag helps but even when toggling nametag off it doesn’t remove the halogram which can make the picture not as good

So YES PLEASEEE

ny00m

Level 19
DeyeetMe
DeyeetMe
Rich+
I think there was a suggestion like this a while ago but I don't remember what happened with it.

+1 to make it an actual feature,
In the meantime if you really need to/want to hide them, feather has a mod to toggle nametags, and that hides the floating text too. You can probably use the same nametag mod with just a basic forge/fabric client too.

soratheonly

Level 55
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
+1
I just want to take nice shader pictures without seeing 'AUCTION'

cho0ii

Level 174
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
+1

if i have to buy srp with my 26 pence to get this feature added I WILL

DylanDeNewb

Level 33
Community Team
Developer
instrumentalityi
instrumentalityi
Fundraiser+

Would result in people being likely to miss new holograms, as a result of playing with holograms disabled, that get added to the map alongside planned map updates.

This would also require a custom hologram system for everything on the server that uses holograms (there are a lot), without that, there would be no way to control which holograms get hidden.

KayLoon

Level 23
KayLoon
KayLoon
Notable
Would result in people being likely to miss new holograms, as a result of playing with holograms disabled, that get added to the map alongside planned map updates.
I'm confused, would the new map updates have something extremely distinct from other parts of Karakura that could need that many holograms?

Better yet, could you just make it similar to how to chat focus is, you do the command, and all visible holograms from the area that you are in go poof, but other holograms that are like 1k blocks away is it there

This would also require a custom hologram system for everything on the server that uses holograms (there are a lot), without that, there would be no way to control which holograms get hidden.
You could also just put the suggestion in the backlog, so when you guys are done with the current projects you can tackle the holograms

DylanDeNewb

Level 33
Community Team
Developer
instrumentalityi
instrumentalityi
Fundraiser+
I'm confused, would the new map updates have something extremely distinct from other parts of Karakura that could need that many holograms?
You can see all planned updates at the following website: https://roleplayhub.dev/schoolrp/

It is not a case of being distinct, but being able to communicate across important information about specific buildings, especially if they have unique functions.

Better yet, could you just make it similar to how to chat focus is, you do the command, and all visible holograms from the area that you are in go poof, but other holograms that are like 1k blocks away is it there

You could also just put the suggestion in the backlog, so when you guys are done with the current projects you can tackle the holograms
Again, this still would require a custom solution for holograms to replace absolutely all of our armorstand holograms, which to put into perspective, is every single piece of floating text including your nametags, in order to accurately block only certain types from showing. Creating such a system is time and money spent on something that we really do not need. Yes its convenient, but only to a small minority. We would get more value out of content and our upcoming minecraft version updates, which you can see based on the projects we have showcased on the backlog.

Users who are viewing this thread