mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Trial of the Jester.

Hello again. I'd just like to say, the next couple of days I will be posting a few short stories I've been writing for awhile. I've recently got in the mood to finish them completely, so, they're all yours to read.
: )))

The human brain is a wonderful thing. It stores all your knowledge, memories, controls how you feel, what you do, how you do it. But what happens when the brain becomes corrupt? Well, let me explain through a story - a story of Dan Tavel.

I sat in the diner, my foot tapping against the tiled floor as I waited for my coffee. A small, pale girl sitting across from me, her smile giving me a sense of relief. The waitress walked over and poured me a mug of coffee again, looking at me with curious eyes.

“That was your fourth cup this morning. You sure you need that much?” she asked me.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. I’m good.” I replied quickly.

To be honest though, the coffee here was garbage, I was really just trying to pass the time quickly, keeping my mind off of the voice inside my head telling me to do monstrous deeds. Every so often I’d twitch, and the pale girl would squeeze my hand tighter every time. I loved her, she kept me sane. Without her I’d still be in the hellhole they called a hospital. We sat there in silence, as she looked out the window, I stared at the many faces inside the diner. Sometimes their faces would become distorted, and I couldn’t help but laugh a little. They looked so sad, and I just wanted to make them happy. But now I’m unable to, I had to change for my sake. For her sake.

My phone buzzed on the table, the subtle buzz sending ripples through my coffee. As I picked it up and turned the phone off I looked to her, frowned slightly and got up.

“I gotta go do some business. I’ll see you soon, my Queen.” I said, kneeling down to give her a quick kiss before standing back up and downing my coffee in one swig. She smiled at me and nodded.

“Alright. Be safe, my Jester.” She whispered as I walked towards the exit. Exiting the diner I looked around the streets of Tokyo. Placing my scarf around my neck and pulling my hood over my head. I wandered. It was a beautiful day, even though the cold was nipping at my fingers, I was happy. And everyone else needed to be as well. I chuckled to myself, my own thoughts pleasing me when I wasn’t with her. The morning dew was still on the grass as I walked through the park, teenagers of varying ages hung out here. I sat down on a bench, looking around for the person I was supposed to meet, nowhere in sight, I sighed. Late as usual, he never changes. I pull out my phone as I start reading through our chat history.

Taking a good ten minutes to do so I look up to see him walking up towards the park. I place a brown paper bag on the bench as I walk in his direction, however, we never actually interact. I pass him and he places money in my hands quickly as he walks to the bench and takes the bag. No words, no wandering gazes, nothing. We both end up going our separate directions. I count the money to check if it’s all there. Sixteen thousand. Right on the dot. I smiled and walked off, looking for something to do. I twitch slightly, as I see a familiar face. He stands in front of me and stops me from continuing on my way.

“What do you want Jester?” I blurt out to him.

“Oh come on Dan, let’s do something fun today. A party sound fun?”

I hesitate slightly before sighing heavily. “Fine, party it is.” I reply.

A few hours later, I’m standing in a house full of people who know Jester. I feel awkward as I stand in the corner of the room, drinking my beer in silence, watching Jester interact with everyone else. Then out of nowhere, Jester punches another party goer. And he keeps beating him over and over again until his face is nothing but a bloody pulp. Jester then turns to me.

“Let’s go.” He says as he walks over to me and grabs my arm.

“What was that about!?” I question, unsure of how to feel.

“Don’t worry about it. He’s in a happier place now.”

And we rush out. We run down the street together until he pulls me into an abandoned office building. We hear sirens out in the streets as we sit in darkness, red and blue lights flashing through the boarded up windows, as they quickly vanish shortly after. He looks to me with a very psychotic smile before speaking.

“We did it Dan! We got the ****sucker who’s been threatening Vixen.”

I give him a confused look, “We?”

He chuckles as he waves his hand in front of my face. “Yeah, we. Don’t you remember? We’re a team.”

As his hand covers my eyes I breathe sharply, removing his hand from my eyes I see that he’s no longer there.

I’m alone now. In an abandoned building, police roaming the streets for a murderer. Me. I slump down against the wall and sigh. Pulling my legs up to my chest as I wrap my arms around them digging my face into my knees.

“Look at what you did Jester. Got yourself in more trouble.” I mutter to myself, laughing hysterically.

And just like that, the person I love doesn’t get any more threats, Vixen is safe, and I’m the reason behind it.

The Way you described certain scenes was stunning : o and the story itself was unique and very enjoyable to read! i thought of drawing a scene of this when i was reading but don't know how Jester looks like sadly,, however, i hope to see more short stories like this though with characters that i'm maybe familiar with how they look xD

Marcel

Level 2
The Way you described certain scenes was stunning : o and the story itself was unique and very enjoyable to read! i thought of drawing a scene of this when i was reading but don't know how Jester looks like sadly,, however, i hope to see more short stories like this though with characters that i'm maybe familiar with how they look xD
If you genuinely DO wish to draw Jester and this scene. It is very suggested you check out the "Biography of Jester" created by John in the Roleplay Documents > Characters Biograaphy.

Adym

Level 145
Just found this. A very good read for my late night. I had to read a bit over again, because I had gotten confused that you were suddenly another person. I then realized it was himself. Very creative. If only 'Happy' lived long enough to be included in such stories. Good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread