mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Trip Suggestion. .

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
I don't think this is a good idea however, if we could make this toggle able, I think it would be a lot easier and liked.

For example:

Player A has a very clumsy character, they trip often while walking or running, so they decide to toggle the /trip command, enabling the character to trip while running/walking.

However, player B plays a character that isn't clumsy, and rarely falls over, rather than constantly tripping, they would have this setting off.

These settings could be edited whenever, and would save when logging off rather than retyping to re-toggle tripping when you log on.

If you do desperately want your character being clumsy, or just want the realism, I don't think it would hurt to add the command rather than stopping and typing out a /me and crawling.
Okay THIS is a massive +1

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
I do think this would become really annoying eventually. For example, your not in RP, and you need to go grab an accessory from a chest, and you randoly trip while heading to your chest area. It becomes repetitive, and especially annoying in something such as simply trying to get to the train station and back to plaza. I don't think this is a good idea however, if we could make this toggle able, I think it would be a lot easier and liked.

For example:

Player A has a very clumsy character, they trip often while walking or running, so they decide to toggle the /trip command, enabling the character to trip while running/walking.

However, player B plays a character that isn't clumsy, and rarely falls over, rather than constantly tripping, they would have this setting off.

These settings could be edited whenever, and would save when logging off rather than retyping to re-toggle tripping when you log on.
i actually really like this idea, toggling it on and off would be a good solution

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Ohhhhh but it’d be so much better if it weren’t toggleable……… where’s the fun in tripping when you can help it……. I say we put it on the endurance attribute… starting from 5% chance to tripping every 500 blocks at 0% endurance to 0% tripping chance at 100% endurance…. Come on guys….. it’d be so goofy….

DivingBlues

Level 55
Shrine Lead
Builder
+1 / -1
I agree with the toggle one I think it would make sense to have it toggleable if you had a clumsy character (like me)!! It wouldn’t be fun for those who don’t want to trip or so. But! Other than that I think it would be really fun. I know you tripped when you were pelted with snowballs when snow was around, so it would make sense!

Joe.exe

Level 46
Joe_Kurumi
Joe_Kurumi
Rich+
I think it's going to be a hassle, I'm running around a lot, but not for RP.
As a compromise, how about adding a stamina gauge? Running or swimming takes energy

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
I think it's going to be a hassle, I'm running around a lot, but not for RP.
As a compromise, how about adding a stamina gauge? Running or swimming takes energy
Oh my god we should add this to endurance like the fishing. Imagine getting in chat "You start to feel light headed" after running for a certain amount of time and then gaining slowness for a period corresponding to your stamina

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
how about adding a stamina gauge?
Oh my god we should add this to endurance
If there is any singular feature that should never make a comeback, it's the stamina attribute. It would be a good balance for combat situations where a chase is involved, but it would come at the cost of dramatically slowing down basic player movement for every other scenario (such as just wanting to travel across the map). The only way I could see it working is if the base stamina was good enough to keep players running for at LEAST a minute, but at that point it kind of defeats the purpose of having it in the first place.

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
If there is any singular feature that should never make a comeback, it's the stamina attribute. It would be a good balance for combat situations where a chase is involved, but it would come at the cost of dramatically slowing down basic player movement for every other scenario (such as just wanting to travel across the map). The only way I could see it working is if the base stamina was good enough to keep players running for at LEAST a minute, but at that point it kind of defeats the purpose of having it in the first place.
Then let us have our trip command ):

Xein000

Level 1
Xein000
Xein000
I wouldn't want to have this really as I'm still working on my Speed/Acrobatics to get them maxed and have an really long way to go.

+1
If you can toggle and turn this on when wanted as it fit your clumsy character, or when RPing and the ground might be wet if it has rained and you can slip and fall. Or there's an wet spot on the floor that can make you fall.

Acroy

Level 28
[+1]

YES. But with a few tweaks. I would want this to be considered RARE because it would get annoying if you kept tripping while running around the city.
Also I want to see my friends fall Icly

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- Not inherently a bad idea, however it's quite annoying for this to happen often, even if the chance is low. We made add something that allows for you to toggle it on, but for now we won't be implementing this publically.​

Users who are viewing this thread