Jenny

Level 4
NepNeppu
NepNeppu
Omega
IGN: NepNeppu
Date: 20/06/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I'd like laptop to be basically a workspace for players that can store multiple documentation in it.
Of course, I don't know much about minecraft coding, but this is just an idea of mine!

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Imagine if you can write like 10 books and you can access it with just a laptop, and you can give 'em whatever names you want, so you can keep all your important stuff organized and neat.
This would be a lifesaver for all those peeps who are serious about school/college but ain't got no room to stash their books.
Speaking for myself, I've got this one character who's got, like, 20 books, so this would be hella awesome, ya know?

1687268221195.png
1687268246274.png
1687268286075.png

Last edited:

DylanDeNewb

Level 34
Community Team
Developer
instrumentalityi
instrumentalityi
Fundraiser+
Sounds pretty neat to be honest, wouldn't mind trying to make it myself, could see it being much easier to share books, reuse assignments and etc if you could run a command to share documents from a laptop too

+1 (though use the format in future)

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
You can already do that with just books within your inventory tho, so how would this benefit the server?
This is the equivalent of saying “well, smart phones serve the same exact purpose as flip phones!”

they’re different because one has more benefits to it!!! a laptop would be nice, andddd it could be possible to add more (like, being able to access onrain from the laptop)

rieums

Level 42
rieums
rieums
Omega
+1/-1. I like the idea of having the laptops work almost like the smartphone features. BUT, I feel as if it could be utilized in different ways than just notebooks/documents. Maybe having a button that links you to OnRain? Like an application on the computer. A contacts application just like the smartphone, maybe? I just think it would be cute.

DarkEclipic

Level 160
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
+1

Honestly, I really like this idea. Especially when it comes to the different factions; Teachers for storing their work and test grades, GangRP for storing the information they find out on the field, KPD for notetaking and evidence, etc. Able to store ICly files so we don't have to do it over Discord or in google docs(with screenshots ofc ;; this also doesn't mean to NOT get screenshots as you need that to prove you know something like gang/people/etc).

EnderBubs

Level 58
+1

I think this isnt a bad idea really. Yes we have books as some people suggested but it would be nicer to instead of waisting chest or inventory space carrying around and holding these books in to be able to have a "digital" copy of them on a laptop. I think its a pretty good idea!

Jenny

Level 4
NepNeppu
NepNeppu
Omega
Sounds pretty neat to be honest, wouldn't mind trying to make it myself, could see it being much easier to share books, reuse assignments and etc if you could run a command to share documents from a laptop too

+1 (though use the format in future)
I've changed it so it follows theformat correctly! Thanks for the help :)

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- This is something we had planned, but without the workspace functions. We'll add this to the backlog for eventual development​

Users who are viewing this thread