mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Veterinarian Suggestion

IGN: DemonFire256
DATE: 1/9/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Veterinarian job and building
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Well first of all, animals wouldn't be super bored any more, there would be another job in School RP and also, it just seems cool in general.

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
+1

I've stated it before, and while I haven't made it into a thread or anything, you get the idea. I appreciate this idea because there are so many animals... and humans can truly HURT these animals or get KPS on them. The essential point here is that if humans can major animals and other things, why not create a career for those who can give these animals the attention they require? It would be useful for roleplaying and would provide more variation for the animals. If they wanted to roleplay being unwell, the owner would take them to the veterinarian! Alternatively, a group of people may have simply injured an animal and abandoned it on the street. A passerby would simply take them to the veterinarian for a checkup and proper care.

Let's imagine two dogs got into a fight and the owners intervened; both dogs were injured and required medical attention. It'd just make the animal aspect of roleplaying a whole lot more fun! [And this is from someone who aspires to be a veterinarian in the future...] I'm not sure what happens to the animals after they've been hurt or if they get the medical help they require, but this would be a fun job!

If this concept is accepted, there should only be a limited number of spaces available, which is understandable but not excessive slots..

Naishoten

Level 40
Naishoten
Naishoten
Omega
I am going to say a big +1

I think someone tried suggesting something similar to this IF I recall correctly.

I have seen an increased number of animals on the server as of late and this idea would give those animals a chance to RP something different then the usual.

My dog char has had a broken leg before and I will tell you the outcome of this. He was walking to the hospital himself (/stroll and crouching) and some passerby greenie came and walked up to him. The dog communicated his pain and the fact he couldn't use his leg, so the greenie carried the dog to the hospital.

The hospital staff member was so close to actually roleplaying taking care of the dogs leg. But they hesitated and asked their faction lead or someone higher up. Whoever they asked said to skiprp treatment. I felt so cheated from this. I felt like the greenie who was a super good one missed out on a really good experience because of this. It just put a bad taste in my mouth. I have been kinda taking time away from animal RP because I feel like I have seen all there is to see and I could feel the burnout coming.

imgayforwomen

Level 108
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
+1

I haven't roleplayed as an animal but I think this would be a really cool role since people are paying like 15 dollars for the animal role and then they have nothing to do. Vets could add to roleplay and make pets actually a fun aspect.

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
vets existed a long time ago and Were removed bc It was dumb so No thnak u do not add it back
"It was a long time ago"

It's 2022, so either no one knew what they were doing or the roles were handed to novice players. And people's roleplaying has improved in recent years. It's just a suggestion to make roleplaying more enjoyable for people that pay $15 for a whitelist. Plus, as one person who plays as an animal already said and offered their plus one on the concept, giving the vet job to EXPERIENCED players who wouldn't make it "dumb" shouldn't be a problem at all, they just have to know what they're doing. If anything, I was anticipating bad feedback from folks who play as dogs, cats, birds, and other animals. Because this is for THEIR benefit.

Whoever they asked said to skiprp treatment. I felt so cheated from this. I felt like the greenie who was a super good one missed out on a really good experience because of this. It just put a bad taste in my mouth. I have been kinda taking time away from animal RP because I feel like I have seen all there is to see and I could feel the burnout coming.
Again, still coming from someone who roleplays as an animal. They shouldn't feel "cheated" or have to take pauses from AnimalRP because there isn't much else to do.

But, if there were Vets "a long time ago," simply sit down and reflect about the time period, consider how little roleplaying experience individuals had back then, and compare it to how roleplaying is now. People didn't even use to detailrp a long time ago, if by that you mean before 2019. Of course, it'd be a blunder. But, as I already stated, it is for the benefit of the ANIMALS, thus it is essentially what they desire as they are the ones who spend their money on the roles. This topic was recently discussed in OOC discussion, and a few animals voiced their perspectives, with the majority stating that AnimalRP may be tedious at times, and THEY agreeing to add the role. It would be a pity if it were denied, but it is essential to pay attention to the community's concerns.

But if you could explain why it was dumb a long time ago, I'm sure that wouldn't be the case if it were to be added again; after all, it is a new era.

Last edited:

V_Is_Fruity101

Level 114
Spacetism
Spacetism
Rich+
+1
A lot more gangrpers are attacking animals/killing them with this, it won't make that roleplay stupid or anything knowing that the pets can still live let's say without a limb. But it really does depend on what people say, I have a character whose dog died from getting killed and their new service animal was being "attacked" but hasn't died yet. This will help SO MUCH with the aspect of real-life and roleplay coming together.

needle

Level 45
giving the vet job to EXPERIENCED players who wouldn't make it "dumb" shouldn't be a problem at all, they just have to know what they're doing.

i dont know of any experienced players who would want to play as a vet.

i disagree w this whole topic because its kind of just unnecessary, in EMS you learn how to do vet work but the material is very limited, it's just cuts, chipping, & euthanasia. if this feature is something the animal whitelist players want so much, i think it should be tested out through the emergency faction's hospital for at least a few months. aaandd i doubt a vet role will ever be implemented because you rarely see an animal come into the building either way

edit: an alternative is just to load doctors up with vet info and have them substitute

V_Is_Fruity101

Level 114
Spacetism
Spacetism
Rich+
Totally not making another one, but they should add the vet role then add ANOTHER floor onto the hospital just around pets, yes I know this may sound unneeded but it prevents more space from being taken up inside of the map and it would just make sense to add it onto the hospital due to the fact that elevators exist, also adding onto this most people actually know where the hospital is and trying to find the vets would be a whole new level of confusion for everyone.

ParentVibez

Level 191
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
+1

I love this idea and have been thinking about new ideas that could be implemented into the server in additions to the current roles and I think this would be a perfect fit. I'd personally apply for this if it'd become a role as I've helped with these types of things and roleplay with animals almost daily. I can testify for alot of Animal Roleplayers who I've been in call with and I know they would love to have this. The crime rate against animals on the server has skyrocketed and its really stupid but the amount of Animal Roleplayers has also increased alot. It seems like alot of the animal suggestions are being unnoticed and deemed as unnecessary but as others have said above, someone who pays $15 to play as an animal on a roleplay server should be able to have a fun and enjoyable time doing so.

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+

Why the negative point? It's simply unneeded. We do not need another role that will potentially be as inactive as most of EMS workers, plus we'd need more pets in the server and that's not the case.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+

Why the negative point? It's simply unneeded. We do not need another role that will potentially be as inactive as most of EMS workers, plus we'd need more pets in the server and that's not the case.
But why are ems inactive? It’s one thing to say they have a life but you’d probably ever see at most 3-4 people on or none at all. What happened to them?

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega

I see this point as a doodoo point cause not everyone in ems is inactive

Users who are viewing this thread