Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

Vroosi

Discord Name & Tag:
Nint#0202

Previous bans:
For ERP somewhere around last year.

Describe your activity on the server:
My activity has been fairly stagnated in the past few months, due to a momentary lack of interest on the server itself. Until a few days ago, I used to roleplay my lawyer character, Sheiichi Yamamoto, even if once in a blue moon. Despite this lack of interest, I'd still participate in trials and perform the many activities that a lawyer could perform. I've recently quit the faction. However, I've been considering applying for KPD and explore this new niche of roleplay.

Which timezone are you in?
BRT (Brasilia Time), -3 GMT.

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
Police Application (Denied)
Lore Team Application (Accepted)
Lawyer Application (Accepted)

What is your motivation for applying?:
Roleplaying as a cop in other gigantic roleplaying communities for 5 years has certainly taught me a lot, and has given me the opportunity to bring diversity and verisimilitude to the IC scenario, and I am excited to do the same here, on SRP. Besides the curiosity of knowing how copRP works on this server specifically, developing a cop character has always been my specialty in every other RP community. I want to bring the knowledge I've acquired years ago to the universe of SRP, and show the many players of the community that there is much, much more to copRP other than the current usual.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
A fair lot, however, my knowledge becomes limited when it comes to know about KPD's work. It's something I'm willing and excited to learn.
Enforcing law and maintaing peace is the main attribution of every law enforcement officer. It isn't limited to patrolling the streets, but also to protect the community and enforce the law upon perpetrators, in a way that doesn't violate the people's rights or the agency's policies; fair & square.

SRP-wise, the KPD is also tasked with maintaining peace and enforcing the law, but not limited to it. Patrolling, responding to emergency calls and attending the station's front desk are the main attributions of a PO - it's the main tool used to serve the community of Karakura, and sometimes, out of necessity, these attributions can and have become the task of many cops of the agency, including those who hugely outrank Patrol Officers. Each rank within the agency holds new attributions, responsibilities and levels of authority, forming the chain of command of the Force.

The Detective Division, although also given most of the attributions of the Main Division, can also conduct investigations on gangs, criminal groups and outlaws - interrogations and collection of evidence are essential for the success of their investigation and the prosecution of criminals. Due to this, evidences that prove one's guilt must be convincing, after all, their investigation might end up in court. The Detective Division is led and coordinated by the Superintendent.

Off the streets, KPD's administration and higher ups are tasked with maintaining the abilities and skills of the agency's law enforcement officers, conducting trainings - the Head Trainers are tasked with maintaining a good schedule of trainings for the police men, providing them with a good and effective content throughout the training sessions.

KPD's administration is formed by the Commissioner and Captain, who together manage the Force. However, obviously, they cannot perform their attributions alone, and that's when the chain of command comes in handy; the division of tasks between the many ranks of KPD is an essential aspect for the agency's success and effectiveness, where orders and guidances come from above, and is passed down gradually between the many agents of the corporation.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
The existance of a law enforcement agency is essential in every IC universe in which takes place in a metropolitan area, not only to bring a further spectrum of realism, but it also brings balance to the server, specially within the criminal community. It's the antagonistic side for the GangRPers, and the peacemakers for those who roleplay civilian characters. A Police faction maintains diversity and another option for those who have interest in roleplaying a law enforcement officer.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes, I do.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
Yes, I do.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I do.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Huang Hu.

Character's age (if accepted):
35 years old.

Character's gender & pronouns:
Male; he/him.

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Bachelors of Arts in Criminal Justice (BACJ);
Majors in Criminology & minors in Accounting & Finance.

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
JSL.

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Huang Hu carries the traces of a Chinese man in the middle of his adulthood, standing at about 6'2"; his well-collected hair perfectly frames his face, although trails of grizzle hair are clearly beginning to appear from the roots of his hair strings. The many years of protecting & serving have clearly added to his overall physical appearance and performance, despite his age. His arms aren't uniquelly or specifically defined, but are certainly capable of performing somewhat heavy duty. His brown eyes only add to his face, even though the clear existance of gradual black, dark disks underneath his eye sockets. Serving a low populated city is the reason why the man doesn't carry any temporal scars or any other permanent remnant of an injury. However, his mutton chops would be enough to represent the man's masculine bearing and image.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
There is a huge gap of difference between the way Huang acts in professional and casual occasions. Years and years of service, not only in the Force but in the judicial sector, were enough to teach the man on how to split himself in between the two completely different spectrums. While uniformized, Huang Hu will be sure to be cordial and polite to his co-workers, superiors and members of the community. It's as if he's a different person to those who haven't reached enough affinity with him.

However, when out of the uniform and the station, Huang will remove the mask to become himself. The serious words and politeness are thrown out a window in a nonchalant fashion, where the man will become the 31 year-old his friends know him to be. Alcohol becomes a common aspect that may or may not influence his uniformized side, even if rarely so. Other than that, Huang is a friendly and overly-sociable man who doesn't resemble his professional side /at all/; except when he does.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
Huang Hu's past has taught him the essentiality behind teamwork, and how important it is to accomplish your objectives. Co-existing with co-workers is the thing he has done the most in his career life, be it in the field or behind a desk. Teamwork is extremely important when enforcing the law, however, it must done right and correctfully, or it can be detrimental to an investigation, de-escalating or any other situation that a law enforcement officer may face in its duty to protect the community. Therefore, Police Officers must be thoroughly taught about the importance of teamwork and co-existance amongst other coworkers, and how to properly apply the good aspects that teamwork can bring to the daily basis of a law enforcement officer.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
A leader. The importance of leadership in critical moments is the most important aspect to achieve a group's common goal, and personal experience has proved me more than capable to lead a mass' movement to achieve said goal, without abusing my powers and always seeking to understand each individual's necessities. Therefore, I also understand that rules are necessary for all and every environment in order to maintain peace and the general well-being. I have been in this position in the past and I believe I'm well capable of establishing organization in the name of common objectives.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)
Born in Yokohama, in the prefecture of Kanagawa, Huang Hu is a Chinese-descent 35 year-old man born in March 15th, 1987, a few years before the Japanese economic stagnation. He was the child of Chinese immigrant parents, leading a family generation to the Japanese mainland island of Honshu. Thanks to the years of economical boom that happened decades prior to his existance, Hu's parents, both Japanese citizens, were more than capable of providing him one of the best education in the prefecture of Kanagawa. His mother worked in the International Affairs Division of the Ministry of Land, assigned to the regional sector of Kanagawa. His father, who followed a completely different career, worked for Tokyo's Prosecutors Office, leading to his constant absence throughout the child's life. Having parents who were the image representing the definition of "corporates", Huang had already decided his fate; what he admired and what he wanted to do when he was a grown up.

In 2006, grown Huang had already been sent to college to study Criminal Justice in the Yokohama Campus of Jindai, and was set to follow his father's steps. Years and years of study would easily come to change his plans for his future, but wouldn't come close to change the course of his academic affairs. In 2010, Huang Hu completed his degree requirements, however, unlike his parents were expecting, Hu applied to the Kanagawa Prefectural Police Department in early-2012, successfuly completing the academic course and graduating as a Cadet. A year-long probatorial service has proved the man capable of being promoted, finally becoming a Police Officer for the prefecture, assigned to the city of Yamato, a small populated city in the prefecture.

In late-2017, after a familiar tragedy that causes the loss of Huang Hu's parents, the man leaves the prefectural PD and moves to the islandic city of Karakura, this time, without the vision of ever becoming a Police Officer again. His resume ends up in the City Hall's desk, becoming a lawyer for the city's Bar, but not staying for long. Soon enough, the memories of serving a community of a small city wouldn't stop flooding the former law enforcement officer's mind, and by early-2022, he resigns Karakura's Attorney Bar and applies to the Department.​

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

No, you cannot.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Paracetamol, Lactulose, Cane, Cough Syrup & Birth Control.

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
A verbal contact should be done first, and if they persist, I would broadcast the situation and request backup, before physically involving myself to cease the violation. It is unlikely that the involvement of my backup and myself wouldn't be enough to set the abusive officers apart, however, if it isn't, I believe me and my backup would come to the conclusion that further de-escalating methods would be necessary, and they would be used accordingly.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
I'd immediately step in - the demonstration of force made by an opposing party would immediately discard any chances of me using verbal de-escalation. Because of this, physically intervention would be the only option. Before doing anything, I'd quickly report the situation and call for backup. Depending on the situation and position of both my co-worker and the assaulting criminal, I would fire my taser agaisnt the suspect. If there wasn't enough room or it's deemed too risky to use the taser, I would physically attempt to detain the suspect.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
It depends on the circumstances; obviously, both scenarios involve me reporting said co-worker to my higher-ups. However, I would, with no doubt, bring forward any evidence that I may have. If not, a mere report would be done, and from that point on, I would avoid involving myself with the co-worker or the situation itself.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
I would refuse and voice that Bribery was added to their charges, adding it to their sentence. Accepting bribery goes against not only KPD's policies, but also the law.​

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
Thank you for applying for KPD. Unfortunately, the higher-up team and I
have decided to deny this application. Most times it is simply due to the fact that
there are more suitable applicants, so feel free to give it another shot on the next cadet wave!​

Users who are viewing this thread