mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied wethecreature | Lore Team Application #4!!!

wethecreature

Level 97
wethecreature
wethecreature
Rich
WETHECREATURE (1) (1).png

IGN:
wethecreature

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team) wethecreature

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord? I don’t use a microphone but I am able to VC.

Your time zone and current country of residence: MST, United States of America

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
ACCEPTED:
Event Application #4
DENIED:
Event Team Application #1
Event Team Application #2
Event Application #3
Lore Team Application #1
Lore Team Application #2
Lore Application #3

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
Absolutely.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team:
Motivation, School, Health, and Family issues could all obstruct my development on hte Lore Team.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
Writing helps me express myself and throughout my life my writing has gotten even better and I’ve been interested in it for quite a long time! It is really one of my favourite hobbies and I’m happy that roleplay gives me a chance to write a lot.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
Yes, I have a lot of experience with creative writing and lore! I do a lot of writing in my free time, and I post my writing prominently in ROLEPLAY DOCUMENTS and sometimes ARTISTIC sections of the forums. Recently I have been doing a lot of writing lore for my gang the “Cult of Spring” which has been very pleasant overall.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
Lore is the background information for any world, the foundation of a story, and an amazing building block for characters, scenarios, and other aspects of RP. Lore explains a lot of unanswered questions about the world you are reading, writing, or roleplaying in.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES
  1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.​
  2. There is a 300-1000 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.​
  3. The effort and quality of both prompts will be taken into consideration when we accept applications.​

THE HANDSHAKE

Astred sat at the campfire next to Oni, looking at her with affection in her eyes. Oni was one of the people who mattered most to her.
Oni braided Astred’s hair and turned her head away so that the braid could be perfect.
When the braid was finished, Astred pecked Oni on the cheek.
“I have to go, but I’ll be back in a second.” She said, before running off.
Oni sat at the campfire alone, staring deep into the flame. Her solitude was interrupted by the coming of an elderly woman whose wrinkles could not be counted. She seemed as ancient as the mountains themselves.
The woman smiled at Oni, and shuffled over towards the young girl. She put her hand upon Oni’s shoulder, and Oni could feel that they were clammy and cold, like all the life was seeped out of her.
The cold feeling rushing through Oni could only be described as the wisps of the dead trying to pull her away. Oni stepped back.
“Hello.. Do you need something?” Oni asked. The woman nodded.
“Greetings, Oni Shi.” Oni stepped back, she had used her real name.
“H-how do you know my name?” She asked, inching once more.
“I know lots of things, dearest Oni. Now... join your family, join the people who truly love you. Join them truly, with your soul.” She said, moving closer, her clammy hands touching the abandoned child’s shoulder again.
“Your current family cares not about you. Where are they now? We care about you. I care about you, Astred cares about you, so do the others.” She said again.
Oni rubbed her head. “Who are you?”
The woman responded: “I am the Mother of Spring. I am your new mother. JOIN YOUR FAMILY.” She put out her hand, offering it. Oni could shake her hand, and join this so-called family.
Oni shook her clammy, cold hands without hesitation. Oni had found her family.
Then the woman was gone.
When Astred came back, she stared at Oni, standing there, hands shaking.
“Are you okay, Oni?” She asked, rushing over, concerned. She looked Oni up and down. The girl seemed... off.
“I’m fine.”

THE LICH KING OF KOHAKU’S HALLOWED HALLS

The ancient temple ruins within the mountains of Karakura are a place of mysterious origin.

Long ago, a man from across the island of Karakura descended from the cold north and called the Kohaku Mountains his own. He hollowed out the mountain and created temples to unknown gods. The great halls of the mountain were forever known as the Kohaku Hollows. Then, he hallowed the halls of the mountains and made them holy and sacred for any who sought passage.

The man called himself King Kohaku, The King of the Hollows, and the Holy Man of the Mountains. He grew in power using the materials within the mining strips of the mountains to get more money and soon monopolized mineral trading in Karakura. King Kohaku was respected by a fair amount of Karakura’s residents, even respecting the places he hallowed and his laws. Some even accepted him when he tried to seize more of Karakura for himself.

However, others called him a blabbering fool, a laughing stock, a joke of a king and fought back against him. He struck them down with an iron fist and took the Karakura bay in a battle known as the Seige of the Sands, where he had outnumbered the enemy forces.

The battle started when the forces traveled down the Kohaku mountain range into the Ochiba Forest, first seizing the shrine which he said had lost their ways. He then continued, ravaging the forest, and tearing down buildings, before seizing the forts along the Kaigan Waters. Finally, when reinforcements came to get rid of him, he encircled them and destroyed them from all sides.

Other battles he succeeded in were the Battle of Kampo Forest and the Ochiba Gulf War which he both won through brute force and strategic military tactics.

He had mystical powers, making deals with Yokai, and raising the dead using a powerful staff he carved from the “Heart of the Kami”, imbued with holy water. His acts were said to have been approved and justified with the blessing of Chiharu-Yamatsumi herself. He would often use his powers to give acts of charity to those he conquered, healing their wounds and blessing them with many gifts. In the Great Flood of Ochiba, it is said he reduced a grand lake to a koi pond using magic, displacing the water using a powerful spell. Some people deemed him a Mountain Witch or a Necromancer King.

One day, one of his trusted servants, wanting to take the staff for himself, poisoned the Holy Man of the Mountains. However, being a holy king, instead of simply dying, he would lay sick for weeks on end, allowing him to gather himself. King Kohaku, in his sickness, asked everyone across the lands if they could cure his poison. Yet when he called the greatest alchemists, they could not figure out a combatant for the poison. When each creation was tested, one alchemist gained an extra leg, the other became a swine, and the other disappeared from reality itself. In his bed, he cried, his throat burning his skin growing pale, his body falling apart around his consciousness as he lived inside his dying flesh cathedral.

The king did not want to so suddenly die and lose everything he had worked for. He had done so much, conquered the bay, and soon he would've conquered the whole island, and next all of Japan and the surrounding nations. He could've been emperor... and then, the next thing he could have done was to go from Holy Man of the Mountains to Holy God of the Mountains. Yet he knew he would die. So he concocted a plan to continue his reign beyond death.

He created a “phylactery” by attaching his life force to his staff, which he would then hide, so that when he died, he would rise again as a Lich King, and would reign forever as the Holy Man of the Mountains through death. This phylactery would give him power and make it so that as long as it was intact, he would stay undead forever.

The day he died, he destroyed the entrance to many of the paths to his hallowed halls, so that no travelers could destroy them. He knew that when he rose again, his phylactery would give him the power to open the paths once more and walk through his hallowed halls.

However, he was buried in a thick stone coffin that was heavily locked, due to his servants fearing his body would rise again with the magic left in him. They never knew his plan. So for millenniums, he has waited to get out of the coffin, waiting for someone to open it and let him breathe air again, and seep the energy from his phylactery.

May the Holy Man of the Mountains soon return to his throne.

1706486490745.png

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
DENIED
Thank you for applying. After discussing with the team, we decided to deny your application due to the competitiveness for this role.

For any questions relating to the application, DM rexypoo on Discord with said question. Feel free to reapply and address these factors for the next wave of applications.​

Users who are viewing this thread