mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

What is your best method for taking good screenshots?

Haneshii

Level 14
Haneshii
Haneshii
Omega+
Title!!

What are your guys' best method for taking screenshots? Any good techniques for a good perspective?

TenRP

Level 38
10RP
10RP
Rich
Getting the right angles is perfect!! I mostly /crawl or get far away from the object I want to take the screenshot of to then zoom in to make it the centre of the frame! Hope this helps. I have no clue how photography works tbh... I'm a music kid.

Reximix

Level 4
Reximix
Reximix
Omega+
Whenever I take my screenshots, I follow a certain pattern! First of all, I use the feather client which has the feature of changing the time of day as do many other clients. Feather also has a built-in mod that eliminates nametags and those annoying holograms!

Next is assessing which shader I want to use for specific moods/area. I'm working on making a detailed essay on each shader I can get my PC to run! Get a good feel with the shaders you use, and don't EVER stick to one!

Then, once I've found the perfect place and time to take that screenshot, I hop onto Replay Mod since it allows access to angles you wouldn't be able to get normally.

Tuning your FOV is a MUST but it also depends on the mood you're trying to go for! Also, editing in some sweet blur effects transforms the photo entirely depending on the subject of your screenshot!

Finally, crop OR frame your image to get rid of unnecessary detail. At this point, it's become overkill for a single screenshot, but the process is worth it. It's better to create one amazing photo than ten uninteresting ones!

E.G:
jph1.jpgNiko.jpg

Aania

Level 170
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
What's really important.

You. Don't. Need. Fancy. Shaders!!

Get Shaders that you can adjust to your liking! (I use bsl)

That and if you have good knowledge with angles and lights, you can make a screenshot really pop.
If it's a group screenshot or single, you can have them move a bit to have the screenshot seem more natural!

/crawl and /sit help a tone. But also your FOV. (Remember if you have a wider screen, you might have to zoom a bit closer)

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
My number 1 pet peeve with screenshots is that people don't bump up their render distance. Like when their composition is made up of literally the most beautiful thing you have ever seen, but with a backdrop of the empty void just a few meters behind it. I personally recommend using the Distant Horizons mod, because it lets you see a lot farther than what vanilla allows without destroying your computer.

Here is the same shot with and without the mod enabled. Rather than the rooftop just disappearing into nothing, you can actually see the mountains in the background. I think it makes things look a little less eerie, since without it everything is just covered in fog.

1715861037966.png
1715861045874.png

Classicalist

Level 88
Whenever I take my screenshots, I follow a certain pattern! First of all, I use the feather client which has the feature of changing the time of day as do many other clients. Feather also has a built-in mod that eliminates nametags and those annoying holograms!

Next is assessing which shader I want to use for specific moods/area. I'm working on making a detailed essay on each shader I can get my PC to run! Get a good feel with the shaders you use, and don't EVER stick to one!

Then, once I've found the perfect place and time to take that screenshot, I hop onto Replay Mod since it allows access to angles you wouldn't be able to get normally.

Tuning your FOV is a MUST but it also depends on the mood you're trying to go for! Also, editing in some sweet blur effects transforms the photo entirely depending on the subject of your screenshot!

Finally, crop OR frame your image to get rid of unnecessary detail. At this point, it's become overkill for a single screenshot, but the process is worth it. It's better to create one amazing photo than ten uninteresting ones!

E.G:
View attachment 63749View attachment 63750
THATS MY POLICE CAR I THINK

Mialyansa

Level 63
Use replay mod.

While using replay mod and if you have a bad computer:
  1. First you choose the angle you want to take the photo from.
  2. Then you fiddle around with the shaders options and graphics until you get a good view. Then you can finnally take your screenshot.
  3. Take the screenshot

You can also take the screenshot in the heat of the moment though. It might be harder but it is an option.

Ecocide

Level 51
3Eco
3Eco
Omega+
What's really important.

You. Don't. Need. Fancy. Shaders!!

Get Shaders that you can adjust to your liking! (I use bsl)

That and if you have good knowledge with angles and lights, you can make a screenshot really pop.
If it's a group screenshot or single, you can have them move a bit to have the screenshot seem more natural!

/crawl and /sit help a tone. But also your FOV. (Remember if you have a wider screen, you might have to zoom a bit closer)

Listen to aania she took photos all the time for SRP back in the day

Users who are viewing this thread