Community Team
Media Team
staceyz
staceyz
Notable
FORMAT:

What's your Minecraft Username?:
stacyqs

What's the title of your suggestion?: WINTER CHEER TOURNAMENT + CHEER STUNTS (Gestures)

What's your suggestion?:

└─── °∘WINTER CHEER TOURNAMENT & CHEER STUNTS ∘° ───┘

MAIN IDEA:
SOO! Based on some ideas I've originally heard floating around both cheer teams, I've come to make this suggestion in an attempt to try increase awareness and hopefully get some attention from staff that can approve these essential concepts for cheer. I thoroughly agree with what some people were thinking and I want to try my best to help.

These concepts/ideas are to have a "Winter Cheer Tournament" where both Bobcat and Spartan cheer compete to perform a big-scale routine in-front of a panel of sports SLT/judges to take home the victory for either team depending on their performance and creativity (in rating) and
"Cheer Stunts" that can be used as exclusive gestures to the two teams (based on real-life cheerleader stunts) to use during routines/practices.

Cheerleading: History, Types, Objective, & Equipment - Sportsmatik

Above is just a rough basis of what I believe the two ideas would involve and are completely flexible; just having a competitive upcoming tournament and cheer stunts would mean a great deal to both teams.

WINTER CHEER TOURNAMENT:

As previously explained, a Winter Cheer Tournament would consist of both the BOBCAT and SPARTAN cheer teams competing against one another through two orchestrated and choreographed routines with creative chants, stunts and inventive actions.

They would be judged by a panel at the tournament (could be both oZinth's SLT character and Tippie's SLT character plus a third SLT member such as the Vice-Dean to ensure the vote is outweighed and unbiased) and both teams would be congratulated, with one being awarded the winner.

This is in no way unfair as each team will be encouraged by their audience and be proud of the result nonetheless, the system is competitive in the same way as the other tournaments are between teams.

An alternative method for judging I was considering to suggest was a vote between the audience, but there's an imbalance in BOBCATS and SPARTANS and there may be more chance for biases amongst the crowd. This is also a method that would work though if SLT doesn't want to judge.

The winner would be determined based on creativity, crowd engagement, choreography, writing (chant techniques, rhymes, motions) and movement.

Thank you for reading this section!

Reflecting On How ‘Bring It On’ Defined Itself With That Wild Opening ...

CHEER STUNTS:

It would be amazing to have the opportunity to use cheer stunts as exclusive gestures to the two teams so that our routines are more realistic and exciting!

This would look SUPER amazing to the audience with big-scale stunts being orchestrated in synchronisation to the music in front of a crowd.

Alongside routines, this can also be used in practices for cheer stretches and exercises, overall improving our roleplay experience substantially!

The kind of stunts to look into would be the:

- BACK HANDSPRING

- ARABESQUE POSE

- SCORPION (on top of someone using /carry)

- BASKET TOSS (this would be done using /carry and having the animation jump up into the air whilst the person holding them and people surrounding use /am)

OPTIONS FOR BASKET TOSSES INCLUDE:
  • Straight Ride Basket - The flyer is thrown from a load in position. Then, she fully extends their arms by their ears, using their shoulders to set up and holding their body in a straight position. After doing this, the flyer will land in a cradle position. This is the most basic position for all basket tosses and is usually used by intermediate teams (Level 2) or as a warm-up for stunts groups before they try the harder basket tosses.​
  • Pike Basket - At the peak of the toss, the flyer will bend at the hips in order to bring the chest to the knees, whilst keeping straight legs, folding the body into a piqued position. Subsequently, on the way down, the flyer will then arch their back (unfold) and land in a cradle position.​
  • Toe Touch Basket - At the peak of the toss, the flyer will lift their legs into a straddle or toe-touch position. On the way down, they will snap their legs back together may arch their back to add to the visual.​
  • Kick-Full/Kick-Double - Starting from either the base's right side or the back of the mat, depending on preference, the flyer will be launched up into the air and reach the front of the stage before reaching the peak of height. The bases follow this movement to then be able to catch the flyer in a cradle position. Once the flyer has reached the top of the basket, they will bring their left arm down and kick up their right leg simultaneously, before bringing the right leg and arm down to form a cradle position whilst completing a full twist. The flyer will then land in a cradle position facing the front. For a kick double, the same steps are required, however, after bringing the leg and arm down into the cradle position at the top of the basket, two twists are required before landing in the bases arms.​
  • Back tuck basket - This is a flipping basket toss where the flyer will perform a single hip-over-head rotation in the tuck position. This skill is typically performed as a back tuck, but a front flipping basket variation exists.​
  • The X-Out basket - This is a variation of the back tuck basket. At the last second of the back tuck, the flyer opens their arms and legs wide to make an "X" shape with their body. After hitting the "X" part the flyer rotates their body back to a normal cradle position ready to be caught by the bases.

- CLASP (clapping motion used by cheerleaders during chants)

- HIGH-V

- T-MOTION (already exists but can be included in cheer stunts for free)

- THIGH-STAND

- ROUND-OFF

- PIKE

- TOE-TOUCH

- TOUCHDOWN

- HIGH-V JUMP + CONE JUMP (up into the air by 2-3 blocks preferably and forward, enough to go over top a player)

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

This could also potentially include a signature move for the BOBCAT and SPARTAN teams if approved!

I've also attached beneath a video compilation including some cheer movement to reference for stunt animation alongside an example of the cheer tournament from ''Bring It On''!

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

To help achieve the suggestion being acknowledged before the tournaments:

+1 the suggestion if you like what you've read and want these ideas to be implemented for cheer (or just one of them <3) ❤
    -1 or +1/-1 if you think something is wrong or the idea is impossible to accomplish!
How will this benefit the server and community?:
This idea would help with elevating the abilities of both the cheer teams and increase the roleplay opportunities and competitive rivalry through an exciting tournament rallying up support!

I think this would make a really positive impact on the direction of cheer going forward as well!

Thank you for reading!
All love, stacy xx​

Last edited:

stacyqs

Level 4
Community Team
Media Team
staceyz
staceyz
Notable
i trimmed out half of the dallas cowboy section cause it was blocking the video! should be able to watch whenever yt fixes it

ImYourGirlAubrey

Level 31
ImYourGirlAubrey
ImYourGirlAubrey
Omega+
+1!
only concern i would have tho is the speed of gestures being too slow for the rest of the routine judging by the speed they’re at currently + glitches (like that horse that pops up every now and then if u know what i mean…) just might be hard to match gestures up with the rest of routines if it’s stuck to the same pace every time without change. such a good idea tho pls implement

Last edited:

kustomzero

Level 129
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
+1

Cheerleaders deserve to have more tournaments. So I agree with this. It could be hosted at the new stadium beside the beach where the old pitch was at.

Babu

Level 7
+1 I AGREEEEE also taking inspo from the Dallas cowboy cheerleaders, I think a jump split gesture would be rly cool too :3

Sporkmoment

Level 21
Sporkmoment
Sporkmoment
Notable
+1

We've spoken about this in Cheer VC a few times. Especially the gestures one. Though with how the gestures work, I don't believe carrying someone while they perform a gesture is possible, but it sounds like an amazing idea. I think a great thing they could do, not just for cheer but for the server, are "2-player gestures".

I imagine it to work similar to the carry request, where they press an 'accept' button with the text mentioning "player _____ wishes to perform gesture ___". So, for cheer wise, we could do better carries for poses and such.

artclass

Level 6
Community Team
Event Coordinator
art__class
art__class
Omega+
THIS IS SUCH A GOOD IDEA HOT GIRL CHEERLEADERS AGREE (me) (im hot girl cheerleader)

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
+1
Poses like this adds more intriguing visuals without worrying about interference with DetailRP itself. Especially useful for audience members who don't know what the poses look like.

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
+1 because i've always been the largest cheerleading fan on srp and also patricia masuo and also katsuhito saiky

Bun

Level 12
Authorization Team
A3unn1e
A3unn1e
Omega
+1

Throughout a routine, cheerleaders frequently execute intricate movements, which can occasionally be confusing for audience members unfamiliar with cheer terminology. Furthermore, Cheer is a highly detailRP based team, so adding gestures would only help the group perform routines more effectively and capture the elements of cheer.

Drnqk

Level 11
Drnqk
Drnqk
Omega+
+1 although I think the gestures are quite complicated already and I doubt that they can be performed whilst being carried or doing other commands it is a weird plugin yk. I still like how cheer would get their own thing and a real thing in where they can compete for an actual trophy. (Sidenote: imagine being able to buy custom gestures and you buy one special gesture that only your team can do)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread