mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted [YOGIWA'S HISTORY TEACHER APPLICATION]

toodlekim

Level 71
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: yogiwa
How old are you?: 14
Do you have any previous bans?: 3 hour cosmetics abuse ban @InhaleMyBanter.
What Country are you from?: I live in England.
Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?): Labba#9336
Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: I understand.
Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: I understand.
Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread?: I understand.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?: I have played a variety of roles in the past two years, including being two different teacher characters, a school mentor, a member of the school council and a gang leader. I'm on the server for at least 3 hours a day. On the forums I mostly partake in the 'Artistic' section as art is my passion and occasionally project my opinions on general forums.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/kims-school-mentor-app.11412/
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/submiss-korean-application.8330/
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/submiss-school-council-application-✔.7824/
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/labbas-korean-application.7488/
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/labbas-art-teacher-application.6780/
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/toodlekims-art-teacher-application.1022/
(Recent - Oldest)

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: I want to prove my dedication to the server by experiencing the role of a teacher again. There are not many teachers on the server that are active to teach as many have failed to be accepted or have been demoted. Ultimately, this is a school role-playing server- having a lack of teachers to teach students to partake in school classing and activity doesn't make sense in my opinion.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?: Medieval RP, Harry Potter RP and School RP. First two roleplaying experiences haven't been as long as School RP as they were too detailed, complicated and competitive to keep up with the player base and talent.

Have you read the Faculty Handbook?: Yes.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?: Classroom logs are logs to be filled in by the teacher that taught a class to keep track of the progress and events during every lesson.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?: The teacher must send a letter to the principal asking for permission to start a field trip, at least a fortnight before the day of the trip. Minimum of 4 teachers must be present to assist.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?: Do not discriminate a student by race, no physical violence, psychological violence, favouritism and do not try to influence a student by using the power of a teacher to spread an idea, religion or strong belief.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP): When I was 11 I joined a Medieval server and roleplayed- oblivious to the rules. I started to get the gist of RP when I joined a Harry Potter server, where I learnt very basic attributes like actions in asterisks. Finally, I joined SRP when I was 12 and adapted to the ways of skilled and useful roleplaying.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD: Head Of Department - In charge of the subject, NQT's and QTLS.

- QTLS: Qualified Teacher - Ability to start a class without permission from HD.

- NQT: Newly Qualified Teacher - Ability to start a class with permission from HD.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
It's important to keep in character and to maintain your role. The purpose they serve is to teach children to prepare for the harsh education system- to aid them for good qualifications for jobs they aspire to do in the future; regardless of industry, another purpose is to increase the size of the brain's mental conscious, in simple words, make them more open to different ideas and possibilities. Sometimes, the way teacher's teach are extremely boring. They don't take notice of the class's capability, always pushing them too far and maybe sometimes not even trying to make anything challenging. School is a place to learn, and not getting challenged is the same as not learning.

As for spare time, If it was in school break time or lunch time, set up class presentations and print out worksheets. Out of school spare time, to be honest, everyone has their own secret way of spending their spare time out of school, but what I hear, they mark homework and set up weekend detentions for extremely bad behaved students, respond the staff email and organise/plan their lessons. I live in London, and the teacher's salary's are approximately £22,000 to £33,000.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
The students aren't expected to teach themselves in a school roleplaying server. A trait of this server is to maintain realism, and without teachers in a realistic schoolrp server I'm afraid it has to lose it's name. Students cannot roam around doing nothing, no one to guide them and no one to idolise- otherwise the classrooms, buildings, offices would all be useless.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The planning system runs on a Must have, Should have, Could Have system.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?:
Shein Ming is an extremely overweight male- bald, pale, slanted eyes, quadruple chin, inverted stomach that is often confused as a fat suit, sometimes a strange aroma of BO can be sensed within his fancy strained and stressed attire- he who believes in a strictly professional system. No treats, no laughter, no positive referrals. Mr Ming can be considered delusional, as he expects the students to grow without any satisfaction and it is essential to be a 'monotonous study crazy robot'. He isn't kind to students, and doesn't care about their feelings- just their education and results. Extremely brainwashed by society, the only way to reach success is by getting a sociably acceptable job to gain respect and a large sum of money. His plans for the future is to become a party leader and lead the government to spread his questionable ideas further.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Walk up to them, and yell "How dare you stand in the hallway and act in this manner? Came here to act like zoo animals? Get the heck out! Leave! Education does not deserve you!"
No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Snatch pencils and pencil cases off all students in the classroom and set them on the desk. "What? You want your pencils back? Ah! To eat them? Because clearly you do not want to learn."
When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Wouldn't approach another teacher as he has no intentions on making friends, but if a teacher approaches him he would gladly greet them. Mr Ming would eat all the snacks stored for the staff and selfishly hoard the coffee supply.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me Would grunt as I reach to unbuckle my belt behind my desk to adjust the trousers that constantly slide down due to the excessive fat around my waistline.
/me Would harshly shove phones inside the drawer, careless of even the slightest damage done.
/me Would vigorously swipe down the whiteboard to get rid of the crude graffiti.
/me Would stare at the vandalism momentarily before taking out my phone and gathering evidence to send to the principal.
/me Would acknowledge the stares that are scanning my body and shoot them a look to attempt to have them be startled.

Backstory

Shein Ming was raised in a harshly patriarchal family, his father had- just like him- delusional thoughts about society. Ming was always lead to be disciplined with many household items like slippers, rules, sticks, clothing hangers, like many stereotypical Vietnamese or oriental Asian families. His father fed him with ideas of being a teacher, a leader and a male of unlimited power, and those stuck with him until his late school days in which he chose to study History. Growing up, he had no friends. He overate every single day from stress, over studying and the thought of lacking energy when dehydrated. His arrogance and stubborn tone got irritating for the people around him. His appearance and the way he spoke didn't help and instead scared everyone, Ming soon was a target for bullying. Despite his unreasonable upbringing- Ming managed to get it together and not fall into an abyss of depression and suicidal thoughts as his father had altered his thought and imagination process to such a limit that normal human emotions don't occur to him or as often.

Ming had many unspoken attempts at love, which all have failed in shattering divorces. Too controlling, too patriarchal and the rare moments of psychopathy leakage chased all his lovers away. With this much emotional damage a person would've given up at life, but in the case of Ming he uses this to fuel his masked anger and sadness to project it into a plan to take over the government's rule and pay the world for what has happened to him, but before his ultimate beginning of age he is an ordinary male, a little insecure, grumpy, looking to teach students how to be his idea of 'people', essentially hiding the true intentions on what he has in store for the world.

In-Character Information

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Shein Ming
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr
Given Name(s): Shein Ming
Preferred Name: Ming

Religious Denomination: Atheist.
Marital Status: Divorced five times.

Nationality: Vietnamese.
Current Location: Japan.

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 22
Working Experience (# of years): 29

Academic Degree:

Year of Graduation: 1991
Major(s): History, Religious studies.
Minors: English, Maths.

Native Languages: Vietnamese, Japanese.
Other Languages: Broken English.

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No.
Preferred Teaching Subject: History.

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any): No.
Do you have any questions?: No.

Users who are viewing this thread