Zippo Lighter suggestion | pash

pashy

Level 183
IGN:
pashyy

DATE:
December 3rd of 2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I just thought the item used (Out of resource pack) to represent the Zippo Lighter should be switched to something like a torch, lantern, etc. to make the lighter function with the dynamic lights video settings

(Swear if this gets opposed too I'm quitting suggesting)
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

It's not hugely beneficial but would actually be very cool. People could use lighters in dark locations or the lighter, generally, would have an actual lightning affect after it which would be a cool reflection. I'm unsure if this can happen but thought I'd put this here since it's cool and if it can happen then why not x-x

2022-12-03_05.51.09-min.png
2022-12-03_05.50.58-min.png
(There is a lighter in my hand in the first screenshot if it's not clear)

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
Neutral, leaning on -1

pretty sure this would make it so people can't use those items in editmode which could be a big bummer, not to mention all the torches/lanterns and whatnot already placed down

pashy

Level 183
Neutral, leaning on -1

pretty sure this would make it so people can't use those items in editmode which could be a big bummer, not to mention all the torches/lanterns and whatnot already placed down

That would be a flaw but, other than that, it is indeed cool. I didn't really take that into consideration but who knows, they could be able to make it still

Also, I'm unsure what you mean in the second sentence but, I'm saying dark places. Clearly, a location where there already is stuff such placed isn't considered dark but I mean sewers, caves, whatever you go to discover

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
Also, I'm unsure what you mean in the second sentence but, I'm saying dark places. Clearly, a location where there already is stuff such placed isn't considered dark but I mean sewers, caves, whatever you go to discover
what i meant is that there's already a ton of torches and lanterns placed down, meaning if this was implemented they'd have to remove all of them or it'd look funky

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
what i meant is that there's already a ton of torches and lanterns placed down, meaning if this was implemented they'd have to remove all of them or it'd look funky
This doesn't matter actually as when holding it in your hand it has a different texture to when it's placed down, e.g. the soul lantern looks normal when placed, yet looks like a handheld flashlight when it's in your inventory. This is entirely possible :D

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
This doesn't matter actually as when holding it in your hand it has a different texture to when it's placed down, e.g. the soul lantern looks normal when placed, yet looks like a handheld flashlight when it's in your inventory. This is entirely possible :D
OH okay that makes sense, i retract my statement

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Not to mention, there are more than a few unused blocks / items that should work with dynamic lights that the lighter could overwrite. Typical @Ghostfire L moment

Good idea, however, -1.
(Swear if this gets opposed too I'm quitting suggesting)
You better not be lying.

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
The flashlight is already over the soul torch texture, we just add a second model data for that that doesn’t switch.

Or even cooler we have the second model data so it can be flicked on and off, cosmetic but fun to use.

you can sit in a chair in the middle of an empty concrete room, flicking it on and off wearing tactical gear and monologuing about laser sights

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
+1

One problem I deal with often: not being able to see ANYTHING when I'm using my shaders. I enjoy using the shaders I've found but in dark areas, it's hard to see. (ESPECIALLY the sewers. i cannot see ANYTHING in the sewers LOL)

i havent been able to find where i could get a flashlight either- so...

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
+1

One problem I deal with often: not being able to see ANYTHING when I'm using my shaders. I enjoy using the shaders I've found but in dark areas, it's hard to see. (ESPECIALLY the sewers. i cannot see ANYTHING in the sewers LOL)

i havent been able to find where i could get a flashlight either- so...
Flashlights are meant to be publicly sold, no shops have choose to picked them up, however, that or it hasn’t been added to the public items roster yet

pashy

Level 183
Flashlights are meant to be publicly sold, no shops have choose to picked them up, however, that or it hasn’t been added to the public items roster yet
I'm sure if it works on a flashlight, it can work on lighters too. Since they can implement such thing already, it would still be cool if they add the effect to the current lighter too. It would be very nice pulling out your lighter and instead of just an old, dry items, a new effect of it actually glowing. You can use your extra lighter in dark locations or just enjoy the effect of it actually producing some light while you light your cigarette.

If they want to make both items slightly different, they could look for blocks that give a different level of glow and just give the stronger glow to the flashlight.

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
if you can make the flashlight have a noise ill sell it at my shop

SIMPL3Z

Level 101
Community Team
Lore Team
I just thought the item used (Out of resource pack) to represent the Zippo Lighter should be switched to something like a torch, lantern, etc. to make the lighter function with the dynamic lights video settings
Neutral Leaning to -1 , this actually does not work without shaders, and as someone with a shitty PC I cannot even run SRP on a solid 30 FPS, it's a cool idea but it would be locked behind a sort of PC requirement, being able to run shaders

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
Neutral Leaning to -1 , this actually does not work without shaders, and as someone with a shitty PC I cannot even run SRP on a solid 30 FPS, it's a cool idea but it would be locked behind a sort of PC requirement, being able to run shaders
That’s no reason not to add it simply because your pc isn’t strong enough to run it, not everyone gets a slice of cake at the end of the day and it seems like you are one of those left out of it

we already have flashlights that use shaders, no reason not to add this.

We also have mods such as Lambs dynamic lighting which add that lighting without the shaders.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed

- We may add this in future when the backlog is much shorter, however for now we'll be choosing to deny this.​

Users who are viewing this thread