KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

untinseled [alt]
elizacinth [main]

What is your discord username?
elizacinth

Describe your activity on the server:
I only recently came back after a few month-long hiatus due to wanting to prioritize my education. I’ve been logging in pretty consistently since I started playing again, and am available most days [after 16:00 PST] other than Monday and Thursday : on which I’m available after 19:00 PST.

What is your timezone?:
PST (UTC-08:00).

List your current and past applications:

ACCEPTED:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/olzweigs-third-language-application.45604/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/olzweigs-vietnamese-application.45638/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-application-olzweig.47968/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/reporter-application.50789/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lore-team-application-1.50577/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/receptionist-application-untinseled.56730/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jin-app-untinseled.59606/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/elizacinths-language-application.71569/

https://schoolrp.net/threads/untinseleds-language-application.71735/

REJECTED:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/human-hearts-are-so-fragile-untinseled.59790/

List your current roles on the server:
College Bachelors, Grade-10 [main] and Adult [alt].

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
Oh boy, honestly where do I even start?

I first started roleplaying in the live chat of some random YouTube stream. Don’t question it, but it was a 24 hour stream and I honestly was just a kid having a bunch of fun in there, even if it was the good old-fashioned magic ‘roleplay’ that was made up of a bunch of inconsistent, overpowered characters. It really sparked my love for writing at first - and though looking back at it I cringe a little, that first exposure was what it took for me to uncover my love for especially character/worldbuilding.

SchoolRP was a server I joined for the first time all the way back in 2018, after seeing a video made by my favorite YouTuber at the time - G****applesauce. I remember my first character, her name was Katana Rin - though, later, Chiyo. Sure, the roleplay quality back then wasn’t as good as it is in this year and time, but I met a lot of people that I loved beyond words. I played the server pretty consistently up until late 2021 - taking a break to start playing other things. I returned in the December of 2022, and though I took a few other hiatuses along the way, here I still am, April 2024. I’ve had my fair share of experiences within the server : reporter faction [albeit for a very short time], crime faction [you take the girl out of gangrp not gangrp out of the girl], school faction [receptionist duo shook the world houston!!!], and of course, my favorite : being on the lore team. Though it might not be directly related to RP, I had an amazing chance to work with a bunch of folk on some special lore for the server and other things such as families or criminal organizations.

All in all : no, my roleplay experience hasn’t been confined only to the server. I’ve dabbled in a fair share of Discord writing projects, and other independent stuff like that which I won’t go too much in detail about since I’m honestly a little shy about it. Though, I’ve always loved the style of RP that comes with the server the most, I think - which is what keeps me coming back even throughout all of my breaks.
Sorry, this was a little all over the place, if you would like me to expand more on any of the mentioned subjects, please feel free to reach out!

What is your motivation for applying?
In all honesty, the EMS faction has always been something that’s piqued my interest. Maybe it’s largely because I was always so deeply engrossed in crime, but it was really exciting seeing the hospital staff in action during various scenarios. I remember during the Kaku-Kai v. Bonten gang war finale, my character was put on bleed out and rushed to the hospital by Cam’s character (thank you Cam) and the surgeon (or maybe doctor…) who tended to him worked INCREDIBLY fast. I know most of it was probably keybinded, but the amount of detail put into those actions had me mind boggled. I’ve always been one to appreciate good detailRP, and I think the hospital is a great faction for that - plus for fleshing out characters.

Additionally, I used to have a friend with a psychiatrist character - and she seemed to have a lot of fun in the faction. Though I’m not applying for the psychiatrist role, I don’t think it would change many of the experiences and events that will occur if I were to be in either branch. It seems like a fun, refreshing way to fully re-embed myself into the server ; a great way to meet people, through both peers in the faction, and treating patients outside of it. This is one of the groups on the server I haven’t yet dabbled in, and I would love to see what it’s like. As much as I love my friends dearly, sometimes they’re all off roleplaying in their respective factions and I’m just kind of left wandering around with no one to talk to / anything to interact with. It can be a little boring, so I’m also hoping that if I were to be accepted - I’d have more of a purpose to be online than just wandering around the map aimlessly or AFKing in my apartment.

Which role are you applying for?
(Doctor or Psychiatrist):

Doctor!

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
In all honesty, I wouldn’t say I know much more than the average person. Though fascinating to me, it’s never been a subject of immense interest - I instead chose to focus on rocks and planets - and I’ve never devoted a lot of specific energy toward having more insight on what goes on behind closed doors. However, my mother works in a hospital : so I’ve absorbed some idle knowledge through hearing her rants about her day and the events that unfurled over the course of her shifts. If accepted, I am - of course - more than receptive to learning more about everything and anything that could help make my RP as a member of the hospital staff more enjoyable for both parties.

Specifically in terms of SRP, however - I know basic things, like the difference in the branches, what the hierarchy means, the responsibilities of hospital staff, and examples of things they may have to roleplay out.

Doctors: Typically the standard employee someone thinks of when they imagine a worker at a hospital - doctors consist of the ones doing the more ‘physically’ medical activities. Whether that be ultrasounds for those who are pregnant, or helping to reset broken bones, even all the way to life-saving treatment such as important, detailed procedures : doctors are the meat and potatoes of the hospital. Especially in an area as crime-riddled as Karakura, they serve the important role of helping to regulate the amount of damage done to the residents and citizens of the island.
*From what I can tell, the surgeon tag no longer exists. I believe the two were merged, which is why I didn't expand any more on the specific expectations of surgeons.

Psychiatrists: Though they may not be performing any Grey’s Anatomy-esque surgeries, the psychiatry department isn’t any less important. These are the ones who work alongside citizens to help with any sort of mental/psychological issues : whether it be administering one-on-one/group therapy, or giving insight on identifying potential disorders. Psychiatrists are equally as important, again, due to the high crime rate : traumas and disorders stemming from those traumas are no stranger to Karakuran residents.

Paramedics: Not as commonly seen as the other two roles - at least in my experience - paramedics are another subdivision of doctors. They are the ones dispatched in ambulances in especially risky situations, where there’s no time for doctors to get there on foot and make it. Paramedics are the ones sent directly to the scene when urgency becomes an important variable in the equation - and lives weigh heavily in their hands as they must work quickly and efficiently to save the poor soul caught in a poor situation.

Veterinarians: Again, also not as commonly seen from what I’ve personally experienced, it doesn’t diminish the value of veterinarians to be any less. From the countless animals roaming Karakura : dogs, cats, birds, foxes, ducks, bears, etc., it’s only natural for there to be injuries at some points in time, whether it be accidental or not. Veterinarians are the ones in charge of aiding out all the furry friends of the island, whether it be giving them casts for injured limbs or stitching up any larger wounds.

Oh, and from what I know - all roles are available to man the pharmacy found inside of the hospital. That’s a place for people to purchase both non-prescription items such as paracetamol, cough syrup, or canes - to mention a few, and prescription items. For the items that do require a prescription such as crutches or most of the medications, the appropriate role should fill out a prescription book for the individual and give it to them alongside whatever item they need.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
Yes.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
Yes.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
Yes.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Yes.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS

Character’s Full Name:

Iseul Chae.

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Cisgender female, she/her.

Character’s Age (if accepted):

Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):

Masters Degree in Biomedical Sciences. Her neat resume shows that she obtained it from Stanford University in California.

Character’s Nationality:
Korean.

Character’s Marital Status:
Single ; unmarried.

Character’s Religious Denomination:
Agnostic.

Character’s Spoken Languages:
Japanese, English, Korean.

Backstory (100+ Words)

Ever since a young age, Iseul knew she would never see much of her parents. How could she, when they were so busy? Her father was the head of Korean fashion company ‘MYRIAD’, which required him constantly traveling to meet with designers, other brands, et cetera - while her mother was an actress who was at her peak on the acting scene. She was raised mostly by her siblings - which she didn’t mind. The utilities in the house stayed on, the kids all attended school, and she was clothed and fed. So, really, it didn’t matter how many times she lay awake at night, wishing her mom was there to run her fingers through her hair or that her dad was there to take her to dances.

She was always ahead of the other kids in her class. A mix of consuming mostly nothing but literature in her free time on top of already being a very fast learner put Iseul on a path to success. She could take in - and actually absorb - a lot of material, impressive for a child her age. That’s what her teachers would often relay to her older siblings : to keep her engrossed in her education, and that she would go to great places in the future.

Lo and behold, she became much of a ‘bookworm’, as often described by her classmates. So much so, in fact, that she ended up graduating a year earlier than expected. This would be amazing for the Chae family name - one daughter a child prodigy, graduating early and likely going to contribute greatness to the world! She recalls her parents returning for a weekend, showering her in kisses and presents before parading her around to various parties thrown to ‘celebrate her early graduation’. In reality, she knew it was all for her parents to feel better about themselves and to feel good at how their child ended up so brilliant - but she kept quiet about it, and just smiled and waved her gratitude.
Though her siblings and her never despised their parents - they all understood the sacrifice the pair made by working so hard - when they talked to her that night about the parties, they all agreed to silently gloss over the bits about how Iseul was never the real subject of the night.

Due to her exquisite grades, extracurriculars, and the additional bonus of finishing material quicker than expected, she had a lot of choices for higher education. At first, Iseul considered just staying somewhere relatively close - at most, just in a neighboring country, until she looked further into Stanford’s program. It was daunting, honestly, the school being all the way in a foreign country she knew nothing about – yet, she fell in love with everything about it the second she clicked ‘learn more’ on their website. So, she had her sights set on becoming apart of Stanford’s graduating class, and set to work learning English. That entire summer she crammed in English lessons to help her gain more fluency in the language, wanting to learn it at least near perfectly before moving away. Her accent was prevalent, yet she didn’t shy away from knowing that she knew the language, so it didn’t dispel her at all. It wasn’t like she could help having an accent, anyways.

She bid her farewells that fall, making the move to a little dorm in the California campus and beginning her studies in biomedical sciences.
Iseul eventually graduated with her bachelor’s degree at the age of 20, and immediately entered for qualification for her masters. She obtained the second degree just shortly after turning 22 - and had decided to return to school at a later time to chase after her PhD. It would be the perfect completion to her education - a sign that all of her work had paid off, conglomerating into her doctorate.

She scored a deal with the Seoul National University Hospital, to be able to be a resident under one of the clinic’s star pathologists for just shy of three years. In all honesty, she was homesick - though she came home for the holiday breaks and often video called her siblings anyways, it wasn’t the same as being there. Iseul vaguely wondered if this was what it was like for all of the other students : she was the first in her family to be going to school out of country, much less across the world, so she had no one to turn to for advice.

When she was 25, her residency was officially completed : and she had the next choice in what she did. Briefly, she considered going back to school right there and then to complete her PhD – yet, her family ties came as a first priority. Her mother had retired from acting the year prior, while her father had begun training her oldest sister to take over the business - meaning he was basically retired as well. Iseul wanted badly to spend time with the two, to try and make up for the time they’d lost growing up - so she made the ultimate choice to return home for an unspecified amount of time in order to see them.

Ultimately, the lioness made the decision to stay for just the year, and applied for Stanford’s PhD in the last few months of it. She had spent enough time with her family to consider it healing - relishing in finally getting the bonding she craved ever since she was a young girl - and was buzzing with excitement to get back to school.
However, she was stopped dead in her tracks after an unfortunate incident occurred in the last few weeks of March the next year. She had received her notice of admission and accepted it immediately, and was spending the rest of her time at home packing her stuff back up and preparing for the move back - this time for a longer time period. Though, when she awoke one late morning to a phone call from the local hospital, she felt everything pause.

Her parents were on their way to a restaurant - wanting to have a nice brunch date like they used to - when a driver with faulty brakes collided head-on with their vehicle. It was hard for them to pinpoint what exactly had happened for the other individual’s car to not be working properly, yet Iseul didn’t care as much about that. All she knew was that her parents had been in a serious crash, and though neither were dead, she was sure the damages were large. And sure enough, she was right - though her parents were permitted to go home, it was no better as if they were in hospice. They needed intensive care, around the clock, and both had expressed previously that they would rather not be rotting in a hospital. The lioness knew that would be the easy choice : leave them there, venture back to California and finish her education whilst not having to worry - but she knew deep down she couldn’t willingly do that to her own parents. So, the siblings brought the pair home.

Now, the hard part was who would be the primary caretaker. Her older siblings both worked fulltime, and her younger sibling was still attending university. So, really, naturally - the weight of it all fell on her shoulders. She had already finished university, and didn’t have a job yet, so she could just cancel on going back to school, right?
It broke her heart having to give up on her doctorate degree, and she was in tears when she had to explain to the Dean of Admissions what had happened. Despite the despair of it all, though, she never once blamed her parents or siblings - and instead shouldered all of the hurt to protect them all. Iseul would happily take care of her family, and even if it meant she had to give up finishing her schooling, she would take it.

She provided for them as much as she could, yet just a few months before her 27th birthday, both passed away within weeks of eachother. It was, of course, a devastating occasion - however, both passed away peacefully and surrounded by their family. After the funeral, the Chae children amongst themselves to keep the family image strong, and opted for finishing whatever life paths they were currently on. Though Iseul debated going back to school, her heart wasn’t in it when she began typing up a new application. So, instead, she opted for searching for work - anywhere would do, as long as it was well-paying and something she would enjoy. That’s when the offer for Karakura Hospital popped up, curiosity taking over as she read over the job description.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY

What is your character’s medical specialty? Why did they choose this focus?

Pathology - specifically chemical pathology/clinical chemistry.

Being a biomedical science major, Iseul is used to being surrounded by the technology used in much of pathology. Though her studies consisted of ensuring the equipment was able to be used in future medical practices and unfaulty - she knew her way around a piece of machinery, and even if it was something she’d never seen before, she’d be able to find her way around it quickly enough. Being a quick learner, she picked up the practices fast for pathology : and found it fascinating to study various tissues, fluids, etc. and do more than just test equipment. While she loved her studies - she must have, to have gotten her Masters in it - she always wondered if she made a mistake by not choosing something more involved in the ‘classic’ medical scene. When the opportunity arose for her to be able to additionally study chemical pathology and put her previous knowledge to use, she jumped at the chance and hasn’t looked back.

Though her pathology residency has had her used to being a “doctor’s doctor”, when she heard there was an opportunity for her to become just a doctor, she had no qualms with applying. If she has the knowledge to make diagnoses and track diseases in the background - why can’t she be the one in the forefront, aiding people in arm’s reach? She understands her pathology background doesn’t give her as much of a leg-up as, perhaps, those with medicine or psychiatry specialties - though, she firmly believes that all she learned in her 3-year residency was not for nothing. Iseul believes she could perform at the same caliber as others who studied different subjects - as she, of course, needed extensive knowledge on medicine and the like to even obtain her degree.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
After spending a long 6 years away from home, Iseul decided to return to South Korea for her residency, having been matched with a kind pathologist who’s a part of Seoul National University Hospital. She worked for her residency for three years there, before bidding her farewells and venturing off in search of work.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
Other than her residency, not officially. She had to be the primary caretaker for her parents, however that was never employment, and she wouldn’t exactly consider it experience.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
None that wasn’t already mentioned. She had plans to obtain her PhD - but alas, a series of unfortunate events barred that opportunity from her.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Iseul is a striking young woman - to the point where upon first meeting her, people are enthralled by both her bi-colored hair and her intense gaze. She is beautiful - sharp brown eyes accentuated by the elegant black eyeliner she paints around them with, red lipstick bringing out the pretty shades of natural blush in her pale cheeks : and a nose that looks just like her mother’s. The lioness’s straight hair falls to just about her waist, and for the most part is its natural color: black. However, streaks of a lavender-gray shade intertwine with one another, making her easy to find out in a crowd. Her facial features all seem comfortable on her face - none seeming out of place or out of the ordinary. Though, this is likely reinforced by the confidence with which she carries herself; her posture always poised, shoulders back, chin up.

How does your character act on and off duty?
On duty, Iseul is very professional. She’s all straight faced - of course, sans polite, tight-lipped smiles - and straight to the point. She doesn’t like beating around the bush much, if at all, and knows her patients feel very much the same way. The lioness is quick to action if called to it - and understands that what she does is important and she cannot afford to miss a beat. Just one mistake, one slip up, and someone else could be paying the price for her misdeeds. Conversating, especially idle chatter, is something she saves more so for when she’s off duty or when she’s sure the hospital is empty.

Even then, though, she’s still more of a listener than a speaker. Of course, she’ll fill in the conversation where she’s meant to - she finds it bothersome to force the burden of speaking enough for two on another person - but she’ll always prefer listening to other people share their own experiences. Not necessarily is it even because of her need to uphold a specific reputation or to keep secrets, but rather because she believes other people are always up to much more interesting things. They recount events that seem fascinating to her, and she would much rather listen to those tales than spend the time talking about how she tried a new iced coffee flavor. While off duty, she still may be a pinnacle of many of the things drilled into her as a kid - temperance, maturity, elegance - yet, Iseul is still significantly more lax than when she is on duty. Though, that’s not to mean she ever really lets her guard down, and she’s always ready to clock right back into work mode if necessary.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
With others. Growing up with three siblings, she’s gotten used to things like sharing without complaints and being comfortable enough to let others know about important details. Though, of course, she’s likely to be more reserved with her peers considering they’re not her flesh and blood - that nature doesn’t escape her. She’s always more than willing to work in a group, and is much more approachable than she may seem. The woman may have been raised to be sure of herself, yet she was not raised to suffocate under the weight of her own ego. She knows her limits, as any good person should, and is more than willing to allow others to take the reins when she herself cannot.

What plans does your character have for the future?
She’s not entirely sure yet. Her siblings - especially her older sister - want her to find love. To get hitched, settle down somewhere and live out the rest of her days happy and taken care of. While she may not object if that were to be what her future holds, she doesn’t necessarily see it as a goal. Currently, she hopes to prioritize her work and become the best version of herself as she can - to aid as many patients as possible, and to make a name for herself in the medical world. If possible, of course.

Though, she does have one goal she’s held onto ever since she was a young girl : if she does end up getting married to a man, she wants the groom to walk down the aisle. If she ends up married to a woman - she doesn’t mind who does the walking.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
Likely, at first glance, the lioness seems to be just another snooty-nosed prude born into wealth and with three silver spoons in her mouth. The self-assurance, the annoyingly hard-to-break patience, the detachment yet charismatic nature - all signs point towards another benefactor of some nepotistic conspiracy made of old money.

Yet, the key phrase is at first glance : it’s easy for others to pick up on how she really is. Polite - in a near diplomatic nature - and yes, detached, but not in a way that makes it seem as though she’s uncaring about those around her. Rather, in the sense that she’d rather not be the one to bring up her own personal affairs.

Iseul’s aura exudes authority, yet not superiority, and her humble nature contributes to her charm.

All in all, her own perception of herself isn’t all too much from how she presents herself. She knows how she comes off by acting the way she does, and she feels it aligns best with her as a person - otherwise, why would she keep up with those mannerisms? Even if marginally less known in Karakura, she’s still representing her family name and all her parents have worked for - so she should carry herself accordingly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread