mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Level 2
Hi guyz!!

I just wanted to see what people's thoughts are on the SRP community, as someone who's been apart of it since 2019 I've seen it change a lot, and I'm not really familiar with the newer side of things! In terms of toxicity, our staff have been tending to toxicity and harmful things a lot better, but unfortunately some personalities just clash sometimes! As someone who struggles to process things I thought I'd crowdsource some information! What do you think of the SRP community, and do you think there could be any improvements?
Please be respectful!

For me, I do love SRP and always have, but the humour has always confused me and I can't really keep up with jokes, and when I try I usually get it wrong, or I reuse the same joke for years at a time, because I can't really think of anything new. I want to see what other people have experienced in their groups of friends or maybe RP sections with different characters!
Does anyone else struggle to keep up with most social aspects like I do? It'd be awsome to know! Since the community has been leaving me a little overwhelmed recently ^_^

PS, I'm taking a tiny break from the server until KPD apps are reviewed, to work on myself and focus on my health! I hope when I come back I can show more compassion and kindness, and stop trying to fit in and be myself in a positive way.

Let me know your thoughts! [kindly]

have this frog :)
oh no its on ur screen ahh!
ive played back in 2018, and the community really just became worse, the people get their mind infested with their characters and start lying about themselves to stand out ive seen it many times especially in my friend who i used to play srp with

edit - not to mention how emotionally soft most of the community is you cant make an advanced joke because theyj ust get mad at you because it discriminates their character for example which is what i dont understand about this community they are not real people they are just characters..

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
It's weird that we're complaining about the gangrp community. It used to ACTUALLY be bad. Like deplorably bad, now it's just okay, and a lot of the time even great. We aren't living in 2018 where hating gangrp is a valid, unbiased take that can be taken seriously and has a lot of merit to it.

Also, maybe don't own the largest verified gang if you don't like the community your choosing to serve. It's in bad taste? I don't know

The only issue with the server currently is the lack of new content. We need a new map, we've needed a new map since 2019. There's a lot of negative energy due to the lack of original content like that (plugins are nice and I love tippie but they are not substantial enough to quest our thirsts.) and a lot of people have only been playing passively on SRP as of recent because of this. If SRP wants to run as a GTA like service, they need to realise it's about time they release a GTA 6.

Lizalopod

Level 130
fair!! I've noticed a lot of change in gang activity, from the copypaste ban to removal of KPS, i think removal of KPS has done a ton of good and inspires more rped out interactions! But lots of people are still quite upset about it and are mean to heb, which I don't think is right
Consented KPS is great, I agree. Unfortunately many gangroleplayers don't really care about it and value permissions and targeting people for ooc reasons instead.

Level 2
ive played back in 2018, and the community really just became worse, the people get their mind infested with their characters and start lying about themselves to stand out ive seen it many times especially in my friend who i used to play srp with

edit - not to mention how emotionally soft most of the community is you cant make an advanced joke because theyj ust get mad at you because it discriminates their character for example which is what i dont understand about this community they are not real people they are just characters..
not to mention- most rp players sit on the server all day and it becomes a sort of a drug same happened to my friend and now she hates the entire rp com and slanders anyone who she can for what this community did to her

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
hi toto! It did, it was really bad when I first started out in the KPD, but I think we all remember it a bit nostalgicly, its gotten a lot less toxic! So I agree that it its okay! And we do need some more new events, I do miss the bigger ones like gas leak, 11/7 explosion ect. but I understand that its super demanding!

It's a shame :( ! Naturally BMD can create a few blockages for more 'weapon dealer' type gangs which could be more of a less violent gang! But I don't have much experience except from the KPD side so I can't say much T_T
I don't really remember it in the nostalgia sense that most do. GangRP started in late 2016, that's about as far as my nostalgia goggles go as that's when I first enjoyed gangrp. I feel like I am seeing it in a pretty unbiased, ultimately positive way

DarkEclipic

Level 159
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
have this frog :)
oh no its on ur screen ahh!
OH NO A FROG must BOOP

If I am honest, GangRP has fallen from its grace when I joined. Most groups mainly focus on perms aspect than the Roleplay aspect of things. Yes it use to be worse, but it could be better. A lot of players take things that happen ICly to OOCly, which takes the fun out of roleplay and fun out of the server in general.

This isnt happening in just Gangrp, This is happening to all over the server. Yes it is easy to report a player for doing that and it depends on the staff member on if they get punished or not. But the times it is reported, they just start to become more toxic towards you and/or others around them because of their attitude.

I think the main thing is people taking ic to ooc, people are taking the GAME too seriously. At the end of the day, This is just a video game we play on. If things start to rise, take a step back and breathe. Take a break, go take a walk, read a book. I can only speak for myself in this, and others can agree/disagree. But for us to make a better community, we need to work together in getting this sorted out. It takes one person to start ruining things for others, and seeing how this is my way to escape from my real life to help me relax at the end of a long week/day from work. It would be nice to try and help one another in getting this fixed for not just our personal selves, but for others.

Sorry kinda ranted and rambled there, if it doesnt make sense, I do apologies. And Beetle, take AS MUCH TIME IN THE WORLD to rest and recover! We will be waiting for you with open arms! [!] Huggies [!]

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
Sadly the community has gotten way worse :(
It used to be such an open place, where you could easily find friends to hang out with. VC's used to be packed, players would wait for New players to help guid them.
But sadly some bad Apples set an example of how to act and everyone follows it. I just wish the community would open up more, not jump right to conclusions and be at each others throats.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
It used to be such an open place, where you could easily find friends to hang out with. VC's used to be packed, players would wait for New players to help guid them.
But sadly some bad Apples set an example of how to act and everyone follows it. I just wish the community would open up more, not jump right to conclusions and be at each others throats.
yeah why the hell are OOC channels so dead these days. not even staff channel is packed anymore

Level 2
thats what i was talking about

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
^ also hey everyone

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
I just came back to SRP after a long 7 months break so I'm going to say what I've seen so far.

Just to clarify, this is for no means intended to attack anyone nor am I trying to hate on anybody, I like this server but I'd also speak my mind.

As I'm not involved in gangrp anymore I can't say much, however I can tell you how of a reserved place SRP has become into, and I really don't mean it in the good way. Other than older players still calling new players "greenies", they also don't like to accept new people in their combo. Like everytime I try talking/rping with a certain group I'll simply get ignored or simply talked to as if they were trying to get rid of me. Then we say "if you want to make new friends talk to people", which don't really makes sense when we do things like that. If we want to improve the community, we might as well start by being less closed, trying to include others; and while I understand each one of us have a defined combo already, it would be nice to include not only players like my case, but also newcomers.

hebwig

Level 111
i love the community, it’s got a lot of creative people from very diverse backgrounds & definitions of writing & the effort they put into the server. i’ve met some really nice people on here who i genuinely wish would direct this creative energy elsewhere as it’d be more healthy & beneficial

it sucks when some genuinely good people in both the community & staff have their concerns and criticisms overpowered by those who just genuinely have more power & thats where i think the community has its shortcomings. for a server that likes to change things a lot, being more uptight about the content that is pursued throughout the community would benefit it. & these are just my opinions gathered by my 6 years of playing the server & 3 years as senior admin/admin. this is as constructive as i can be without bridging a gap that would make someone want to delete the thread haha

but there are some really awesome writers that could thrive on other platforms. i hope the server improves but i don’t blame those who feel similarly to me or feel critical of its community. hope that makes sense

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
i love the community, it’s got a lot of creative people from very diverse backgrounds & definitions of writing & the effort they put into the server. i’ve met some really nice people on here who i genuinely wish would direct this creative energy elsewhere as it’d be more healthy & beneficial

it sucks when some genuinely good people in both the community & staff have their concerns and criticisms overpowered by those who just genuinely have more power & thats where i think the community has its shortcomings. for a server that likes to change things a lot, being more uptight about the content that is pursued throughout the community would benefit it. & these are just my opinions gathered by my 6 years of playing the server & 3 years as senior admin/admin. this is as constructive as i can be without bridging a gap that would make someone want to delete the thread haha

but there are some really awesome writers that could thrive on other platforms. i hope the server improves but i don’t blame those who feel similarly to me or feel critical of its community. hope that makes sense
yes, I feel like creativity is hindered upon a lot, if you truly want to do something new, there's a lot of push and pull for these things, especially from people who won't be effected by it in the slightest anywho. For a place that is supposed to be a sandbox for your imagination (roleplay), there is a lot of barriers to entry or impossibilities that exist outside of something being fair that are placed in your path. A lot of bureaucracy basically for a minecraft server.

Users who are viewing this thread