abby_is_away

Level 1
abby_is_away
abby_is_away
Notable
What's your Minecraft Username?: abby_is_away
What's the title of your suggestion?: Add an option for a closer range LOOC

What's your suggestion?:
Like my title says, I believe a closer range option of LOOC should be added.

There are certain times LOOC can end up flooding the chat, like during public events when there are multiple people in one place. There's /whisper, /mec, but only /looc for OOC chat, and that ends up being a massive flood, which can be overwhelming to multiple people. Yes, there's chat focus, but that only grays out the messages, and I honestly find it more overwhelming than having chat focus off. Adding a smaller range of LOOC would likely help with lag as well, as there's less chat messages popping up on your screen for your computer to process.

Even outside of public events, there's still a need for a smaller range of LOOC. When RPing in an apartment and there's neighbors around you, it's common courtesy to use /mec to avoid chat flood and being distracting, but there's no way to speak OOCly and avoid chat flood. There's /f msg, but what if you're in a group? Your only option is LOOC, and if you happen to chat a ton, you'll be flooding the chat, and potentially distracting the roleplayers around you. Yes, you could always just ask them to be a little quieter, but there's no telling how cordially somebody will react to what you say. Personally, I can ignore it, but I know a few people who are bothered by it, and this would just help to make things easier for them.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
This will benefit the server and community by:
- allowing groups of people to have more private OOC conversations
- allowing less chat flood in public and private areas
- helping with the issue of people getting overwhelmed by chat flood
- potentially helping with computer performance in areas where there are a lot of messages being sent (ex: a school dance)
- ASSUMINGLY being a simple addition to SRP. /mec, /itc, and /whisper exist, so adding a shorter LOOC should be possible.

+1

Sometimes I walk into my own apt but there's people already talking in looc and it gets so awkward then it feels like Im bugging them when i talk

aoblossom

Level 15
+1

I feel like this would be beneficial since people have full-on conversations in looc and it often floods the chat. Good to have a more small radius option

cho0ii

Level 174
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
yes bc istg every single time im romancerping theres this random group of ppl talking above me and i have to talk to this mf thru f msg and if i forget its all over

Popo

Level 31
DarkxWalker
DarkxWalker
Notable
FantasyRP's chat system might have been one of the best systems to be created in terms of roleplay servers, following a chronological order in the sense of— yell, normal range (local), quiet, and whisper.

These commands were derived from: /YOOC, /LOOC, /QOOC, and /WOOC.

/YOOC had a range of 32-36 blocks, followed by LOOC that had a range of 16 blocks. This proceeds to decrease considerably to QOOC with just an 8-block radius, finalised by WOOC which had a 1-block range. However, I think a 2x2 or 3x3 radius for WOOC would also suffice to accommodate for the pre-existing /whisper radius. I would love to see these implemented, and I proposed it in OOC before and people weren't necessarily against it.

Although I know some SRP players have the mentality of a Kindergarten child and therefore YOOC could be a little troublesome at times; though that could be countered by having a more restrictive usage of YOOC / Misusing it to spam people in a larger radius would result in a warning.

+1

Valentine_Lols

Level 87
Valentine_Lols
Valentine_Lols
Rich+
FantasyRP's chat system might have been one of the best systems to be created in terms of roleplay servers, following a chronological order in the sense of— yell, normal range (local), quiet, and whisper.
It was... just seeing this makes me MISS it more

Mialyansa

Level 60
+1 One could argue that we should use /f msg, yet it would feel very uncomfortable sometimes. It think this would not only benefit scenarios like press openings at town hall or other speech related events but could also be benefitial for mundane unteractions, like talking at plaza for example. This should be implemented.

But I must remind you that some related features like IC speaking text and auction(it always glitches) may break a bit for a while.

SirDerpHead

Level 34
SirDerpHead
SirDerpHead
Omega
+1 If its possible, then it would come in handy for having chat flooded less when in an apartment or dorm where there is more than one active rp situation

philbertman42

Level 137
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
oh my god it finally happened. I saw philbertman42 agree with an opinion
I wish more people made simple and straightforward suggestions like this that i can just be like "ya" to, instead of having to write a 10 paragraph essay as to why the suggestion is bad, the person who made the suggestion is bad, and they should feel bad for how bad they are.

Users who are viewing this thread