mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Add "MILF" and Adjacent Terms to the OOC Filter

Should this suggestion be implemented?

• Total voters

Prizebox

Level 9
I don't understand why there's an argument against this suggestion since the filter is optional for each player.

The term "MILF" is a sexually explicit acronym that stands for "Mother I'd Like to Fuck." It is a highly suggestive and objectifying term that sexualizes and reduces women to their role as mothers. As a video game targeted at a PG13 audience, it is essential to maintain appropriate content that aligns with the age rating and promotes positive values.

My strongest argument is respect for Women: Censoring the term "MILF" demonstrates respect for women by avoiding the objectification and sexualization of mothers or adult women. It sets a responsible example for the players, encouraging them to treat women with dignity and avoid reinforcing harmful stereotypes.

My second argument is the age appropriateness: PG13 games are intended for a teenage audience, which may include players as young as 13 years old. Exposing them to explicit sexual terms like "MILF" can be inappropriate and potentially harmful to their development and confusing them, making them believe that MILF is a socially acceptable term to use towards women, as it introduces them prematurely to adult themes.

While the term "MILF" is suggestive, it has become widely used and recognized in popular culture. Its usage has evolved beyond its explicit meaning and is now often employed in a humorous or light-hearted context. Censoring it may limit creative expression and unnecessarily restrict the dialogue within the game.

After all, the impact of language depends on its context and intent. In a PG13 game, the use of "MILF" can be presented without explicit sexual content, focusing instead on humor or innuendo. If used in a non-explicit manner, the term may not be inherently harmful or offensive.

In conclusion, while the term "MILF" should be censored in a video game for a PG13 audience due to its explicit and objectifying nature, many people have already seen the term socially acceptable, which is an issue. Calling someone a MILF without their consent can be considered sexual harassment. Sexual harassment refers to any unwelcome sexual advances, comments, or conduct that creates a hostile or offensive environment for an individual. By using the term "MILF" to refer to someone, it objectifies and sexualizes them based on their parental status, which can be demeaning and disrespectful.

It is important to understand that sexual harassment is subjective and depends on the context and the individual's perception. If the term is used in a non-consensual or unwanted manner, it can contribute to a hostile environment and be considered sexual harassment. Respecting others' boundaries, consent, and avoiding language that objectifies or degrades individuals is crucial in promoting a safe and respectful environment.

My solution to this problem is what is being suggested, the use of the filter command the server offers, adding MILF to the list of censored words allowing each player to choose to see the term, it does no harm to add it for those who are against censoring the term since they will still be able to use the term and see it in chat.

Lazeas

Level 47
I don't understand why there's an argument against this suggestion since the filter is optional for each player.

The term "MILF" is a sexually explicit acronym that stands for "Mother I'd Like to Fuck." It is a highly suggestive and objectifying term that sexualizes and reduces women to their role as mothers. As a video game targeted at a PG13 audience, it is essential to maintain appropriate content that aligns with the age rating and promotes positive values.

My strongest argument is respect for Women: Censoring the term "MILF" demonstrates respect for women by avoiding the objectification and sexualization of mothers or adult women. It sets a responsible example for the players, encouraging them to treat women with dignity and avoid reinforcing harmful stereotypes.

My second argument is the age appropriateness: PG13 games are intended for a teenage audience, which may include players as young as 13 years old. Exposing them to explicit sexual terms like "MILF" can be inappropriate and potentially harmful to their development and confusing them, making them believe that MILF is a socially acceptable term to use towards women, as it introduces them prematurely to adult themes.

While the term "MILF" is suggestive, it has become widely used and recognized in popular culture. Its usage has evolved beyond its explicit meaning and is now often employed in a humorous or light-hearted context. Censoring it may limit creative expression and unnecessarily restrict the dialogue within the game.

After all, the impact of language depends on its context and intent. In a PG13 game, the use of "MILF" can be presented without explicit sexual content, focusing instead on humor or innuendo. If used in a non-explicit manner, the term may not be inherently harmful or offensive.

In conclusion, while the term "MILF" should be censored in a video game for a PG13 audience due to its explicit and objectifying nature, many people have already seen the term socially acceptable, which is an issue. Calling someone a MILF without their consent can be considered sexual harassment. Sexual harassment refers to any unwelcome sexual advances, comments, or conduct that creates a hostile or offensive environment for an individual. By using the term "MILF" to refer to someone, it objectifies and sexualizes them based on their parental status, which can be demeaning and disrespectful.

It is important to understand that sexual harassment is subjective and depends on the context and the individual's perception. If the term is used in a non-consensual or unwanted manner, it can contribute to a hostile environment and be considered sexual harassment. Respecting others' boundaries, consent, and avoiding language that objectifies or degrades individuals is crucial in promoting a safe and respectful environment.

My solution to this problem is what is being suggested, the use of the filter command the server offers, adding MILF to the list of censored words allowing each player to choose to see the term, it does no harm to add it for those who are against censoring the term since they will still be able to use the term and see it in chat.
real

The milf wars have come to an end.

ErikFinster

Level 115
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+

(Oh, ChatGPT-enhanced argumentation structure? I like!)

It's a compelling statement!

(And looking at the poll, there is a nearly 60% approval rating of this suggestion.)

I have nothing to add to that.

Lizalopod

Level 130
Neutral

Definetly agree its inappropriate, but.. There are several pretty bad and inherently sexual acronyms and slang used on the server all the time including in igns. I mean look at OOC chat half the time. If these terms (milf,dilf,etc) are censored, further action should also be taken to censor other kinds of innapropriate words commonly used.

Still neutral honestly because even if you were to censor this, new slang is just going to keep popping up and you just get the same problem again

ErikFinster

Level 115
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
I think new slang and alternative spelling are a good thing.
(1) encourages people to think about new creative ways to state their mind
(2) does not alienate players that are made uncomfortable by strong/sexual language

tayfun

Level 69
tays2fly
tays2fly
Rich
I would like to add I've been called it before and it doesn't bother me at all.
You do realize that not everyone shares your opinion, right? It's downright discomforting for some people, and for good reason. It's the same as catcalling. "I don't mind therefore everyone else shouldn't mind" isn't an argument.
This, basically.
+1 for the suggestion.

EnderBubs

Level 58
Neutral

The word milf is VERY overused in this server to the point where truthfully it’s just lost it’s meaning. All it means now is just someone who is hot and who is a woman at this point as for people who aren’t even moms get called it. I don’t think censorship will do anything tbh. It’s not like it will stop people from saying it icly esspically when you can just turn off censorship. Though I agree the term shouldn’t be used as often just tell people it’s making you uncomfortable and to stop calling you that and If they keep doing it report them to staff. Censoring the word really won’t stop people from saying it really. It may have a small impact but I don’t see this really stopping people. Just tell them to stop as for it’s making you uncomfortable and if they don’t report it
Overal I agree with the idea but I don’t think it’s gonna have that much of an impact at all and I just see this being able to be resolved by comminicating how you feel about the word

Tourning

Level 8
Tourning
Tourning
Rich
Absolutely a +1. A +2, if I may.

Given what I've seen in this thread, I think these terms should also likely fall under rule-breaking behavior? I just think it'd be nice to play an adult character without them being objectified so inconsequentially. I don't really think there's much else to say that hasn't already been said here, I just figure I'd put in my two cents.

(P.S, if there's some way to also prohibit "/me sniffs" and other similar stuff, that'd be lovely.)

Last edited:

bobatea

Level 16
Prxfessor
Prxfessor
Omega
Neutral

I think for the most part, a lot of people from other games say it and its been normalised due to the fact, that there's other games that use that term and sadly enough this server, I don't think was made for youngsters like underaged players such as players under the age of 13, because of all sorts of matters of the language used, the type of people you meet and how roleplay works in the server is quite complex to comprehend towards a very young player that doesn't understand such. Then there's games that involve that terminology and it's not really easy to really avoid it like that as many have something called being a "simp" which is also another term for people who are being called "MILF" so it's so easy to just walk away and don't get angry about it, because at the end of the day, it's words that people say and you just got to deal with it.

Other than that, there should be a toggle for terminology like that and it should really be a toggle for words such as that or something because everyone has their own opinions and WE can't control others' words unless we TELL them. This also is something that isn't really a big issue as not many really call others "MILF" as it is rare for others to say as of my experience but for others, I'm not sure but like I said, this server isn't exactly made for young users reasons why there's a lot of people who uses that type of terminology and I understand that it is a uncomfortable word to say to someone who's not okay with it. It's better to just say it to the person's face and if they don't stop then, just walk away and ignore it, you can't control people's sayings unless you say something.

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
(P.S, if there's some way to also prohibit "/me sniffs" and other similar stuff, that'd be lovely.)
This is actually flagged as unserious roleplay & can be reported especially if it's on a keybind (can be a warnable offence)

Leoniide

Level 14
+1

While in my own personal case, I do not like censorship especially when I feel it's unnecessary and feel like this word isn't that big of a deal as the other supporters of this post are making it. Most players on this server use the word, most do not become uncomfortable because of a word. However, as clearly shown by this suggestion there is plenty of players that find the use of this word uncomforting and so we as a playerbase need to come together and ensure that everyone playing is having a good time. At the end of the day, this is a video game that everyone plays to have FUN and if this word ruins fun for some players and makes them uncomfortable than I am in full support of this.

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
+1

While in my own personal case, I do not like censorship especially when I feel it's unnecessary and feel like this word isn't that big of a deal as the other supporters of this post are making it. Most players on this server use the word, most do not become uncomfortable because of a word. However, as clearly shown by this suggestion there is plenty of players that find the use of this word uncomforting and so we as a playerbase need to come together and ensure that everyone playing is having a good time. At the end of the day, this is a video game that everyone plays to have FUN and if this word ruins fun for some players and makes them uncomfortable than I am in full support of this.
I completely agree, and sometimes it takes suggestions like these to bring problems That many many people have to light. Often times you’ll tell someone somethings offensive and they’ll just reply with “just don’t look at it then”. This filter is the perfect solution for people to not see what other players like to misuse

Leoniide

Level 14
I completely agree, and sometimes it takes suggestions like these to bring problems That many many people have to light. Often times you’ll tell someone somethings offensive and they’ll just reply with “just don’t look at it then”. This filter is the perfect solution for people to not see what other players like to misuse
exactly, and its not like you can't simply disable the chat filter for the players that don't mind the words.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Accepted
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to implement it.

Users who are viewing this thread