Yonio

Level 330
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
What's your Minecraft Username?: YonioTheNacho
What's the title of your suggestion?: Adding Police-issued Recording Devices

What's your suggestion?:
Given the lack of possibilities when it comes to detective work (due to tags, metagaming and impossibility to go undercover in gangs), I feel like adding something for detectives to investigate further into a case would be a step in the right direction.

The item in questino would be a Recording Device, a custom item that can be given to civilians by detectives to record the audio of a situation to incriminate someone for a specific crime. The detective would basically hand over the item to the civilian cooperating with KPD and hide it in their inventory. After that, the device will continuously record until it's been handed back to the KPD or the gang somehow figures out that the device is hidden in their body (inventory).

If the item is stolen or broken, these individuals would be charged for Tampering with government equipment.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
This would encourage more interesting situation and add a layer of suspicion when it comes to interacting with other characters in the context of GangRP

Popo

Level 63
DarkxWalker
DarkxWalker
Notable
I think roleplay opportunities for Detectives are extremely downplayed, with ideas like recording devices and using adult tags or fake identities to infiltrate or investigate individuals as undercover not being utilized enough. +1

Last edited:

kustomzero

Level 145
UrAJinx
UrAJinx
Omega
+1
This would help with court cases too! Because this recording device could be used as hard proof evidence or back up in hearings.

jolty

Level 3
_Jolty_
_Jolty_
Omega+
Due to the fact that this would be amazing and make it harder for crimerp to happen it would give a extra obstacle for people to go past it.
so, all clips from the KPDS camera would be already recorded by the system or be live recorded, and then if a crime takes place KPD do not need to be called and can come in with swat gear and their weapons too bust on a operation.

+1

robinzee

Level 34
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
This seems like a cool addition. It also wouldn't be anything else other than a rule-based addition (in a similar way phones are capable of recording things), so it wouldn't clog up the development pipeline.

The Blow Out (1981) fan in me would be very happy.

Infi

Level 143
Government Lead
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I feel like this can be overpowered, but useful. So I think if it is implemented then the officer who’s listening to the recording device has to be within a certain radius of the player who has said device (probably <100 blocks) to be “connected” to it (which will also encourage KPD to go out on their own to do stakeouts)

there should also be a way for GangRPers to be allowed to search for this recording device if they have motive to otherwise they’d never find out

HunterHampter

Level 76
Community Team
Media Team
HampterHunter
HampterHunter
Notable
I'm neutral, as much as it is useful (and cool), it would be mega overpowered to have perfect audio recording and perfect visual recording at their disposal, But if this goes through then the best way is to min-max what sort of Recording device KPD should have to use against Criminals.

Although I will say, audio and visual alone is not enough since most criminals are wearing a mask that can conceal either voice or visual appearance, so I guess the best way is to have both but make them easier to use as evidence while making evidence a little harder to get consistently

Leo_14

Level 33
leo_14
leo_14
Omega
I feel like this can be overpowered, but useful. So I think if it is implemented then the officer who’s listening to the recording device has to be within a certain radius of the player who has said device (probably <100 blocks) to be “connected” to it (which will also encourage KPD to go out on their own to do stakeouts)

there should also be a way for GangRPers to be allowed to search for this recording device if they have motive to otherwise they’d never find out
What info said, its useful but can be VERY overpowered, therefore I feel like it should have limitations, e.g the detective who gave it to them has to be within say 50 blocks from where the recording device is being used.

Furthermore the fact that it isn't shown but is stored within their inventories I feel like they should be able to search for it too, however if they search for it and find it and take it off, if no crime has been admitted to under the mic before removal then they wouldn't get charged where as if a crime was admitted to then they would get charged.

vMadeira

Level 27
FlyRiceCakes
FlyRiceCakes
Omega
would be cool but it wouldnt work people would just meta game and check the kpd rosters

-kam

Level 104
kamcold
kamcold
Notable

With this, +1

Cap

Level 1
I agree with this, so +1 since it adds more interactions between GangRpers and KPD.

Users who are viewing this thread