mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Allow Event Team to use /event

Cencres

Level 11
IGN: cencres

DATE: 02/08

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Event team should be able to use /event and /eventradius.

As someone who's been on the event team for...three years? I've never understood why we haven't been able to use the /event command(s). It's been brought up a few times, but always shut down. This would be an easy thing to do to my knowledge, simply adding permissions to a command. If the /event permission was ever misused or abused, I would think that it'd just be dealt with the same way a staff member if they abused their own various permissions? I believe event team had access to /ita, but it was taken away. (I don't know why)

Flash Events
This suggestion mostly affects flash events. Event team ran flash events where the only responsibility is of the event-team member. To me, as someone who has done these events before, it'd be much easier and make much more sense if event team were able to actually start & finish these flash events themselves. If you haven't been present during a flash event, or haven't ran one, you might not know how many /event or /itas goes into these events. With these events accumulating a lot of people usually surrounding by that one player who's doing the event, multiple /events are necessary. Some may argue that getting a staff member is an easy fix to this. To me, planning a flash event with a staff member or sending them /events defeats the purpose of event-team ran flash events, or even the team as a whole. If you've ran a flash event before, you'd know that making sure the staff member understands when to send the /events, having to communicate with the people at the /event, and run your own actions for the flash event isn't ideal at all. I've been discouraged to do flash events for this reason.

Main Events
Most event team coordinators have been staff, and even when they haven't it's just been worse in terms of the panic that takes place at main events. It's stressful enough to get /events out, but the coordinator is also the one communicating with staff during these events and handling everything that normal event team members can't do. I feel like it'd be easier if event team members were able to be assigned /events to do, to ease the stress on the event team coordinator. It makes sense this way, because it's the event team members who make these /events, understand the timing for these /events, and are usually easily accessible for the coordinator to command. (In VCs during main events.) Especially in events in the event server, where the whole server becomes the coordinators responsibility.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

More flash event activity on the server. As mentioned before, flash events became a prime responsibility of event team, that somewhat goes along with event zones. The job of flash events is to quite literally interact with the community on the server, and can involve anyone that is simply online at that time. (Rewarding active players.) While we can do flash events currently, I explained above that it's tough to do these consistently when you don't have access to the /event command. I wouldn't be surprised if other event team members were in the same boat as me in terms of motivation when it comes to these flash events.

xBonnie

Level 70
Community Team
Media Team
Event Team
yBonnu
yBonnu
Omega+
+1

It seems rather obvious, also would mean I can stop bothering staff members for every flash event I do for them to send my commands at the right time!!

A little more trust in us would go a long way.

Last edited:

Asya

Level 5
Masqverade
Masqverade
Notable
There's really not much to be said, I can see how bothersome it is to have to ask for staff to help with it.
+1

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable
+1
more flash events, more community interaction + roleplay
im sure we're all a little bored when we log on during the week without any events ever happening.

suneaterchan

Level 105
+1 AND /ITA TOO. MEMBERS OF THE EVENT TEAM ARE TRUSTED MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY AND SHOULD BE PROVIDED THE RESOURCES REQUIRED FOR DOING THEIR JOBS AND INCREASING QUALITY OF OUR COMMUNITY. IF THEY BREACH DA RULES THEN BAN THEM!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOOO!!! GIVE EVENT TEAM /EVENT!!!!!!!!!

hebwig

Level 111
heyyyy

as event team coordinator, this would be pretty sick for you guys to have, but event team would probably become a much more restrictive thing for people to join & we may even go to the extent of removing some people currently on there BECAUSE this is a dangerous permission to grant. it's nice that they'd be able to do events at any time and i do want to allow these freedoms without the intention of limiting creativity; but, the fact that they can broadcast a message to the entire server with no pause is a bit crazy. in addition to that, the only way that a staff member could determine who sent a /event is if they were a senior admin or higher....and even then, senior admins would have to go through each event team member to discern who may have sent something

i really would like this & i don't mind having this added but do note that we'd probably have some kind of wipe on the event team because of it. it'd be awesome to have more frequent flash events & other people to help out during major events.....i want to have higher hopes for this kind of thing but i hope you understand where my concerns come from & why it's not ideal at this very moment. i fw the points of giving event team more freedoms and that they need resources.....hope you consider what i say

tl;dr: sure, i think the benefits are amazing and motivating, but we would probably be removing a handful of the current members due to the fact that this is a dangerous permission to grant & the people that i have accepted onto the team were not accepted with this permission included — i'd now have to account for this when reviewing applications & having people in the team

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
+1 AND /ITA TOO. MEMBERS OF THE EVENT TEAM ARE TRUSTED MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY AND SHOULD BE PROVIDED THE RESOURCES REQUIRED FOR DOING THEIR JOBS AND INCREASING QUALITY OF OUR COMMUNITY. IF THEY BREACH DA RULES THEN BAN THEM!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOOO!!! GIVE EVENT TEAM /EVENT!!!!!!!!!
YEAHHH SUNEATERCHAN!!!!!
heyyyy

as event team coordinator, this would be pretty sick for you guys to have, but event team would probably become a much more restrictive thing for people to join & we may even go to the extent of removing some people currently on there BECAUSE this is a dangerous permission to grant. it's nice that they'd be able to do events at any time and i do want to allow these freedoms without the intention of limiting creativity; but, the fact that they can broadcast a message to the entire server with no pause is a bit crazy. in addition to that, the only way that a staff member could determine who sent a /event is if they were a senior admin or higher....and even then, senior admins would have to go through each event team member to discern who may have sent something

i really would like this & i don't mind having this added but do note that we'd probably have some kind of wipe on the event team because of it. it'd be awesome to have more frequent flash events & other people to help out during major events.....i want to have higher hopes for this kind of thing but i hope you understand where my concerns come from & why it's not ideal at this very moment. i fw the points of giving event team more freedoms and that they need resources.....hope you consider what i say

tl;dr: sure, i think the benefits are amazing and motivating, but we would probably be removing a handful of the current members due to the fact that this is a dangerous permission to grant & the people that i have accepted onto the team were not accepted with this permission included — i'd now have to account for this when reviewing applications & having people in the team
Ur awesome

Cencres

Level 11
heyyyy

I appreciate your pov on this since you're the coordinator (and my boss lol)
Going to be honest I didn't know the plugin hid the person doing the /event, I assumed it'd be able to be looked at in logs since I'm aware there's a plugin that lets staff members see player logs.
I agree that the permission is dangerous, being able to send a message to the entire server but...ooc grants that same permission. It's just not as highlighted I guess, but I understand where you're coming from, it feels more official.

I know I already mentioned this, but I feel like it's just a waste to do flash events as an event team member or just events in general without any resources. The only thing that separates us from an average player is vanish, apart from that we have to go to staff for EVERYTHING involving commands. From TPs, to event server access, to gmc, all those things are dangerous too. But to me, /event is the most reasonable thing; especially since like I said, event teams main purpose right now feels like it's mainly flash events and event zones. (Since other factions like crime & academics have been pumping out a lot of events recently. Although /event would also benefit main events held by event team members as well.) I feel like staff members can do the same thing as us (random events, main events), just a LOT more effectively which is disappointing

event teams application process may feel less serious than staff ones (obviously, they are completely different levels of power) but for event team to be a community team, something that members of the community usually need to even be CONSIDERED to become a staff member makes me believe we should get access to some more resources...

hebwig

Level 111
I appreciate your pov on this since you're the coordinator (and my boss lol)
Going to be honest I didn't know the plugin hid the person doing the /event, I assumed it'd be able to be looked at in logs since I'm aware there's a plugin that lets staff members see player logs.
I agree that the permission is dangerous, being able to send a message to the entire server but...ooc grants that same permission. It's just not as highlighted I guess, but I understand where you're coming from, it feels more official.

I know I already mentioned this, but I feel like it's just a waste to do flash events as an event team member or just events in general without any resources. The only thing that separates us from an average player is vanish, apart from that we have to go to staff for EVERYTHING involving commands. From TPs, to event server access, to gmc, all those things are dangerous too. But to me, /event is the most reasonable thing; especially since like I said, event teams main purpose right now feels like it's mainly flash events and event zones. (Since other factions like crime & academics have been pumping out a lot of events recently. Although /event would also benefit main events held by event team members as well.) I feel like staff members can do the same thing as us (random events, main events), just a LOT more effectively which is disappointing

event teams application process may feel less serious than staff ones (obviously, they are completely different levels of power) but for event team to be a community team, something that members of the community usually need to even be CONSIDERED to become a staff member makes me believe we should get access to some more resources...

yeah u right LOL...but with /event you can spam it whereas there's a cooldown with OOC & again the whole thing with SAs+ would have to go through each event team member's commands to find who sent what & there's also no filter on /event like there is with OOC, meaning anything could be sent. rest i can agree with though......it is a bit tedious to have to always go to staff (which i'm going to have to do soon since the only thing i have access to now is /event and /eventradius). i agree heavily with you guys getting more resources!

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
I got to agree with hebwig and it really depends on because it's to give access for a whole msg for 300 players, it really depends on thepeople inside the event team & such SO!
+1 / -1
I'll just stay neutral about that because I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND it can be really painful to dm S.S/Admin just for it, but in the other hand. . .this

cho0ii

Level 173
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
+1
GIMME THE FLASH EVENTS
heyyyy

ur cool

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
bruh they dont even let me (fight club owner) use /event

so yes and give it to crime businesses too

Users who are viewing this thread