Level 123
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
Hellooö~~~! It's me, Jan Kim!
The oldest SRP player in the woöörld.
(I dare you to find someone older)

1715112199957.png
(I'm not a pirate, but I could have been? Probably not.)

Better known as ErikFinster, some of you might know me from my occasional spending sprees, unofficial art contests, or maybe you've seen my character Erik shuffle around in the school library, trying to avoid the largest groups of people. I’m here to answer some of your questions, should you have any, and maybe I'll throw a "dash of real-life wisdom" at you.

Ask Me Anything!

Drop your questions below! (33 Question Limit, 1 Question per Person)

ErikFinster

Level 123
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
Favorite Shinto Kami and Yokai, and why
I actually don't have a specific kami that I favor. It's like the cheerleader effect.
Japanese theater is impressive because of its diverse and broad cast of characters.
However, I do have a favorite creature and a yokai that I find very silly.

baku.jpg
Favorite creature might be the Baku, because look at them...

Favorite Yokai is the Bakeneko. In Germany, the name is often translated as Koboldcat or Goblincat, which makes these mischievous buggers even funnier.
They are black magicians, can do necromancy, and can happen when your cat gets too old or too fat. I dig the sillyness.

[31 of 33 questions left]

ErikFinster

Level 123
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
Would you ever create a new character to join one of the factions on the server?
Yes? Maybe, although I do have adult responsibilities that significantly cut into my playtime. It is barely enough time to develop one or two characters.
I could either graduate with Erik and join a faction that way, or use an adult Finster/Mori character from Erik's backstory. (Eriks' sister or maybe his father? meh)
Should I ever find myself with the luxury to accommodate an ingame faction role, I would most likely join the News, Shop, Government, or School Faculty Faction.

[30 of 33 questions left]

Last edited:

Infi

Level 134
Helper
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Do you see yourself moving on from SRP eventually? By eventually I mean within the next 3~ years

Aania

Level 170
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
Why did you choose SRP or all servers and communities?

ErikFinster

Level 123
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
Why did you choose SRP or all servers and communities?

I found it on a minecraft ranking list and clicked on it. I was actually looking for a somewhat peaceful vanilla minecraft experience, but then I was intrigued by the japanese school roleplay setting. I wanted to stick to the niche of the nerdy academic overachiever and enjoy providing this concept to the rest of the student body. No school is complete without the nerds.

But the reason I chose to stay on SRP is because of the specific human connections I made while exploring the city. No unique selling point needed. Meeting people, building a shared history, partaking in their journey.

[28 of 33 questions left]

ErikFinster

Level 123
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
Do you see yourself moving on from SRP eventually? By eventually I mean within the next 3~ years
I've had a long history with DeviantArt, joining back in 2004, being an active member until 2008. Since 2013, I've also been part of the Missing Stars Visual Novel team, though I actively contributed to asset development for just the first two years. My most extended stint in a D&D campaign was from 2007 to 2010. I was drawing mangas for the better half of my teen years, but it phased out in my early twenties. Over time, I've noticed a pattern in my involvement with projects and communities; I tend to vanish as life's priorities shift . . . be it family, health, or career changes.

And occasionally, it's not just my circumstances that change, but the community itself, or how I feel within it. I feel that the dynamics of participating in SRP evolves significantly during the first few days, weeks, and months, and very likely even beyond that. The SRP experience is still developing. Being a greenie feels different from walking around, knowing all the spots and places and all the procedures. And while I have no doubt that I will loose some things that are dear to me, like my initial group of friends and some key connections, or the sense of wonder that comes with discovering new parts of the map, I'll also gain new joys, such as taking on greater responsibilities and engaging in larger community projects or events.

I honestly don't know for how long I'll stick around.

Honestly, I wasn't even sure I'd still be here in 2024. Will I be around in 2025, or, dare I say, 2030? I'm not certain. There are still a few experiences I hope to have on this server, and perhaps I can contribute meaningfully to our shared journey for a while longer. But it's like the spirit of the forest said:

[27 of 33 questions left]

Users who are viewing this thread