mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

AMA | Customable Edition, Electric boogaloo

kustomzero

Level 134
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
Oh my god it’s the coolest person ever, Ethan!!
So what made you get into 3D modeling? How long have you been doing it for? What made you want to study it? And if you were to give tips to someone who wanted to learn modeling what would they be?

Customable

Level 140
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
WHAAATTT made you apply for staff team :0
Was kind of bored, ngl.

All jokes aside, Being able to model for the community was nice but I wanted to be more involved, being a player since 2015, Staff was always a goal of mine ever since that hologram told me on the KFC map that I'd have a 0.5% chance of becoming staff. so naturally I took that as a challenge.

ErikFinster

Level 131
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
Tell me in excruciating detail how this entire ship would sink and burn if someone violently ripped you out of existence and left us without Customable.
(I assume you are integral to SRPs survival and maintenance at this point and completely irreplacable.)

Customable

Level 140
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
Oh my god it’s the coolest person ever, Ethan!!
So what made you get into 3D modeling? How long have you been doing it for? What made you want to study it? And if you were to give tips to someone who wanted to learn modeling what would they be?

What made you get into 3D modelling?
In secondary school, I did mainly painting art, my teachers weren't very open minded and didnt like to branch out to other forms of art; to clarify, I suck ASS at painting, i'm TERRIBLE, so I began looking for other ways to express myself through artistic mannerisms.​
I tried digital art ( I originally wanted to be a story time artist like Jaiden Animations and Dominics, but despite living in Croydon of all places, i didnt really have many crazy stories like them )​
But then I found blockbench, it was easy to get a grip on the basics and mess around with, create assets and the dragging element style of art allowed me to manipulate the foundation of what I created until I liked it.​
Eventually Im6, the old server owner, saw my models posted in the #models chat, and reached out to me to join the modelling team about 4 years back ( Fun fact, im the oldest media team member standing ) from there, my modelling improved through learning new styles and from other modellers who joined, which brought me to studying digital art in college.... which ALSO sucked.​
Im now in University and much happier with my teaching standards and curriculum ( despite the fact I failed my last two modules recently and need to resubmit my work ) and im learning to use Maya 3D.​

How long have you been doing it for?
8 years now​

What made you want to study it?
It was a creative medium I connected with and wanted to further my skills in, its versatility made it much more appealing that brush strokes or pencil lines​

And if you were to give tips to someone who wanted to learn modeling what would they be?
Begin slow, if you're dedicated to becoming a 3D artist, it WILL take time, i've been doing it 8 years as i've said above, that's 6 years of blockbench, 2 years of blender and now coming up for a year of Maya. Of course learning the basics such as minecraft style isnt as hard as i make it out to be, but improving to a serious point never finishes, you cant perfect art or yours skills in it, there will always be more to learn.​
If you take up education in 3D modelling, read WORD FOR WORD, what it is they teach,​
Digital art =/= JUST 3D modelling.​
3D design, Game art & Animation = 3D modelling, Game art concepting AND animation​
( this is the unfortunate mistake I made with my college, and whilst I met some amazing people in college, I realised it was a waste of my time )​

Last edited:

Customable

Level 140
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
Tell me in excruciating detail how this entire ship would sink and burn if someone violently ripped you out of existence and left us without Customable.
(I assume you are integral to SRPs survival and maintenance at this point and completely irreplacable.)
I've done plenty of asset design for the server and have even helped changed the course of a lot of things; the animated book menu, the icons on screen such as the time bar at the top and over the hotbar, the suggestion of emotes and a lot of other changes are all mostly suggestions i've made and have had help from the community implementing due to our forward thinking owner, however, with truth be said, if i was removed tomorrow, wiped from existence, kicked from the staff team, etc, I don't think much would change at all.

The fact of the matter is, everyone is replaceable, including me, and i'm happy enough with that truth to know my place in everything and enjoy the things I have done and the time I have left.

Last edited:

-kam

Level 100
customable i have one simple question
whats the difference between being a modeller and staff team, was it a big change in terms of responsibility or social hierarchy?

Customable

Level 140
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
customable i have one simple question
whats the difference between being a modeller and staff team, was it a big change in terms of responsibility or social hierarchy?
3D modellers provide service in store brought custom items, by 3D modelling them to the buyer's standard as best possible

Staff Members handle general server management based off their role:

Helpers - Answering tickets and questions

Moderators - Moderating situations like GangRP and Roleplay

Admins - Handling general administration on the server such as bans and roles

Senior Admins - Helping Manage and select staff team and overall server concepting and decision making

Owners - Managing all staff members and server upkeep, as well as greenlighting any new projects or decisions made on the server

In simple words, 3D modellers handle customers, Staff handle the community

In my own view, the change in responsibilities took time to adjust to, however, I've had server experiences before hand so adapting to the roles didn't take too long for me.

As for social hierarchy, I don't see myself on a different standing to the players of the community, I play the server too, I enjoy roleplay and I'm happy to make friends with people who see me for myself rather than the fancy tag I have applied to my name.

I am a player, as is everyone else; I just dedicate time to helping the community where I can.

kustomzero

Level 134
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
What made you get into 3D modelling?
In secondary school, I did mainly painting art, my teachers weren't very open minded and didnt like to branch out to other forms of art; to clarify, I suck ASS at painting, i'm TERRIBLE, so I began looking for other ways to express myself through artistic mannerisms.​
I tried digital art ( I originally wanted to be a story time artist like Jaiden Animations and Dominics, but despite living in Croydon of all places, i didnt really have many crazy stories like them )​
Be then I found blockbench, it was easy to get a grip on the basics and mess around with, create assets and the dragging element style of art allowed me to manipulate the foundation of what I created until I liked it.​
Eventually Im6, the old server owner, saw my models posted in the #models chat, and reached out to me to join the modelling team about 4 years back ( Fun fact, im the oldest media team member standing ) from there, my modelling improved through learning new styles and from other modellers who joined, which brought me to studying digital art in college.... which ALSO sucked.​
Im now in University and much happier with my teaching standards and curriculum ( despite the fact I failed my last two modules recently and need to resubmit my work ) and im learning to use Maya 3D.​

How long have you been doing it for?
8 years now​

What made you want to study it?
It was a creative medium I connected with and wanted to further my skills in, its versatility made it much more appealing that brush strokes or pencil lines​

And if you were to give tips to someone who wanted to learn modeling what would they be?
Begin slow, if you're dedicated to becoming a 3D artist, it WILL take time, i've been doing it 8 years as i've said above, that's 6 years of blockbench, 2 years of blender and now coming up for a year of Maya. Of course learning the basics such as minecraft style isnt as hard as i make it out to be, but improving to a serious point never finishes, you cant perfect art or yours skills in it, there will always be more to learn.​
If you take up education in 3D modelling, read WORD FOR WORD, what it is they teach,​
Digital art =/= JUST 3D modelling.​
3D design, Game art & Animation = 3D modelling, Game art concepting AND animation​
( this is the unfortunate mistake I made with my college, and whilst I met some amazing people in college, I realised it was a waste of my time )​
That’s so cool!! That sucks your teachers weren’t very open minded about other forms of art. I’m glad you found something that you enjoy and easier for you to express your art. :) With 8 years of experience I can say from the work you’ve done is very impressive and amazing to look at. I know you’ll make more projects/art pieces that’ll blow everyone’s minds.

ErikFinster

Level 131
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
Is there anything that really haunts you to this day, that you are comfortable sharing?

(I lived long enough to know that we all collect the occasional battle scar or get a chip wedged out of our hide. I love hearing these stories.)

Customable

Level 140
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
Is there anything that really haunts you to this day, that you are comfortable sharing?

(I lived long enough to know that we all collect the occasional battle scar or get a chip wedged out of our hide. I love hearing these stories.)
Well, I’m only 19 so in don’t have many things I regret. I suppose if anything still haunted me to this day, it would be how close I came to me and my family being in the middle of the 2018 Barcelona Terror attack.

I had originally wanted to go into a store that day but my mother said she didn’t want to, we all agree’d to head back to our hotel, only to realise that the attack had just occurred on the same street we just left when we turned on the local news on the tv

Ecocide

Level 60
3Eco
3Eco
Omega+
Not sure how much you roleplay since getting staff but

What's your favorite roleplay moment on SRP that's happened to your character :3

Users who are viewing this thread