diskou
diskou
Omega
andersu | High School Council Application

GENERAL INFORMATION

What is your Minecraft Username?:

andersu

Past warns/kicks/bans?:
I had experienced one ban in April 2020, when I was still very new to the server. I had not fully understood the rules at the time and since the ban have not had any subsequent issues.

What is your timezone?:
MST

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord tag)?:
ganguh#0047

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server? (Approved, Denied & Pending):
Russian Language [Denied]
Russian Language [Accepted]
French Language [Denied]
French Language [Accepted]
Psychiatrist Application [Accepted]
Minnan Language [Denied]
Portuguese Language [Denied]
English Teacher [Accepted]
Greek Language [Accepted]

Psychiatrist (Return) [Accepted]

Describe your activity on the server?:
I am very active on the server. I am on nearly every day and spend several hours at a time online. Across all of my accounts I have racked up a lot of total playtime, and as a result, experience.

List your accounts and roles on this server?:
Ganguh - Psychiatrist
ZittiEBuoni - Teacher
andersu - Student
braavado - Student

Are you aware that inactivity for more than 15 days without an inactivity log will result in removal from the council?:
Absolutely. Procedures similar to this are in other factions as well, so I completely understand.

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is student council and what do they do?:
The student council is the main center for leadership aside from school staff. The student council helps with staff to enforce the rules of the school, which means they are close to SLT and other members of staff. The student council is also responsible for organizing many school events and coordinating school activities. School events are one of the highest sources of engagement among players, so having frequent, interesting events is highly important to maintain the community on the server; especially because the server emphasizes the school roleplay experience.

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, ect.):
Since I have been an active player for well over a year, I have been able to experience many parts of the server. In the past I have placed a greater emphasis on the adult roleplay side of the server. I have been EMS and a teacher, but have not yet immersed myself in the student part of the server. Councilors need to be able to use FearRP and work with a general sense of maturity, which is something I have had a lot of experience in while roleplaying as adult roles.

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and team work ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events):
I personally find that all ideas are better if they are worked on by a group. While I consider myself a creative-minded person, as I always have been, I know that all human ideas grow when put in a place where they can be worked on by many people. Having a full team of people to work on a small idea can help grow it into a large idea, one that is ready to be used in an event. I like to think visually, so I hope I could contribute to the formation of ideas, not just through the typical methods of conversation, but through the visuals I can create to help explain my thoughts. While being a leader or a follower could be fun, the council functions best when everyone’s ideas and thoughts are given the same level of value and importance.

Can you list the roles in council along with others roles that might be important to council?:
The council has a unique position in which it is tasked with working alongside many different roles and people.
Roles Within The Council
[President] - The head member of the council. This individual is responsible for the management and supervision of the council alongside typical council duties.
[Vice-President] - The individual also tasked with most leadership tasks as the President. The Vice-President has wide jurisdiction over council members, but not over the president.
[Councillor] - The members of the school council. These people are tasked with all council responsibilities. From planning events to ensuring a safe environment from students, councillors maintain a wide range of responsibilities.
[Secretary] - A major supporting role in the council. They are important because of their heavy leadership role and their responsibility of establishing public relations with the wider student body.
[Treasurer] - The treasurer handles the finances of the student council. They help reach out to shop owners to organize collaboration and manage the funds that the student council handles.
Roles From Outside The Council
[Principal, Vice-Principal, Dean, and Vice-Dean] - These are those who are on the school’s SLT. The council works closely with these individuals as they have the ultimate power over the school.
[Club Leader] - Club Leaders and the Student Council work closely with each other. Events are often planned in collaboration between the two, and the council helps maintain clubs.
[
Teachers and School Employees] - Teachers and School Employees maintain a similar responsibility to councilors as they both are responsible for enforcing school rules and maintaining a safe school environment. These roles need to work closely.
[Sports Teams] - Sports Teams work with the council as they are connected with the school. The council may work alongside sports teams to organize events.

SCENARIOS

You’re patrolling the school and you walk by two girls verbally harassing each other, but they didn't pay mind to you. What do you think is the correct way to go about this?
Upon witnessing a verbal exchange, the best course of action is to approach the situation in a calm manner. If you yell at them, you could risk escalation, so speaking to them in a calm tone and speaking to them as real people can help diffuse the situation quicker. If the situation fails to improve, warnings may be issued, but should be given respectfully. Talking down to people will not improve anything, so talking to them politely is the best possible way to diffuse a situation.

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?
I would immediately speak out, raising my volume to both reach the student who fled and also raise the alarm to other members of the council and school staff. I would report the student to ensure they receive a punishment for the behaviour and give them detention.

There seems to be a councillor abusing their powers! They’re being exceptionally mean to a student, causing the student to be defensive or scared. How would you step in?
Approaching a tense situation like this requires a level of calmness that can help prevent further escalation. Even if the student may have been in the wrong, a councillor should not abuse their powers. I would pull the councillor aside and let them know in a polite way how they could approach the situation from a kinder approach. If I feel like I could find a way to handle the situation well, I would offer to deal with the student myself.

You seemed to miss a few pieces of information during a meeting, how would you go about getting that information?
During a meeting, it is inevitable that some pieces of information may be lost, so if I find myself without some necessary information, I would reach out to a council member or leadership to make sure I remain informed. When working in a team, communication is key, so if I find myself in a situation where the information I hold falls short, it is highly important that I am able to reach out to my peers and remain up to date.

A teacher/receptionist has told you or done something that goes against what you were trained by your higher ups. How would you react to this?
I would immediately contact my higher ups to verify the validity of what the teacher said. Since every situation is unique, it is inevitable that some things may change depending on the case, so double checking and making sure I remain informed is the best way to property carry out my responsibilities without engaging in conflict.

Please provide a detailed event that a club or council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more):
While Karakura High maintains a consistent student population, school pride tends to be lacking. Many students do not feel necessarily connected to the school and its community, which can hurt the school community. For some schools, a consistent way to maintain school pride is through spirit weeks. A spirit week is a full week full of events relating to the schools to keep students heavily involved and excited to be part of their school community. The first element of a spirit week are dress-up days, where students will arrive at school every day dressed for a theme decided by the council. While spirit dress-up days are always up for change and creativity, some examples could be: PJ Day, sports day, school colours, neon, blackout, tacky tourist, and Hawaiian. Having dress-up days give creative players the ability to create outfits to showcase their creativity. Additionally, the fashion club could easily get involved in spirit dress-up days.
During a spirit week, schools organize many events to maintain school pride. While there are countless options to choose from, I have provided several ideas that may be used.
Bonfire - During an evening, students gather together at a location for a school organized bonfire. Bonfires are a perfect means for students to hang out with their classmates outside of school in an environment that feels fun. A bonfire could easily be constructed in a location, such as the beach, and is relatively easy to carry out otherwise. School bonfires tend to be social events, so large amounts of organization is not needed.
Fundraising Partnerships - For spirit week, many schools will work in collaboration with local businesses to fundraise. Fundraising events have occurred on the server before, so reaching out to a restaurant in-game to decorate for spirit week and hold a fundraising event would be an easy way to get students involved in a setting that does not feel high pressure at all.
Contests - Contests are likely the greatest way to get other clubs involved. Since making a spirit week could be rather difficult on the council, giving clubs the opportunity to organize contests is a good way to create events without straining members of the school council. The drama club may organize an improv contest, culinary club could create a baking contest, and the art club could host an art contest. The possibilities are essentially limitless.
Sports Tournaments - This one is rather self-explanatory, especially because tournaments have been held on the server before. However, there are ways to introduce new forms of tournaments to the game. Encouraging students to form their own teams for a football tournament is a solid option. Allowing students to gather their friends together to create their own team, with their own uniform, and their own creative name keeps the school community close.
Ending To The Week - Spirit weeks usually end in a large event. These events may come in many forms, however, a dance would likely be one of the best options. A dance does not always have to be formal as well, there are many ways the council could organize a spirit week dance. Many schools today like to encourage a casual school dance, where kids arrive dressed in a certain theme and gather in the school gymnasium, where a DJ would be present, playing upbeat party music. Instead of a slow, more formal dance, it could take the form of something similar to a rave.
A spirit week would best take place during a period of time where more players may be available. Scheduling spirit weeks around New Years, times where people tend to be on spring break, and over the summer would maximize the level of enjoyment for participants. While a spirit week would take quite a lot of organization, history has shown school events significantly increase the amount of players who long on, both old and new. Without a doubt, it is impossible to argue hosting a spirit week would be a negative thing.

IN-CHARACTER PERSPECTIVE QUESTIONS

Character Name:
Roman Stawski

Character Gender:
Male

Character Age:

Character phone-number:
665-134-803

Brief summary of how they act/ your character’s personality:
Roman Stawski is likely one of the most positive people in Karakura. He lives his life one day at a time and is particularly notable for his excitement and happiness toward most aspects of his life. He holds little hatred in his heart, in fact, he actively tries to understand people and their actions. Roman is very empathetic and tries his hardest not to cause any problems or spread negativity. He is always laid-back, never stressed; essentially if a calm beach day were a person. His presence is generally comforting, he seems like the kind of person who could form a connection with anyone he meets. He is observational, spending much of his time observing the actions of other people, learning about how people behave. Roman may be the most optimistic person in Karakura, he rarely ever has any negative thoughts or opinions. He lives his life with an open mind and open heart. In short, Roman is chilled, laid-back, and thoughtful.

Character appearance/attire (Please provide a picture):
Roman takes pride in his generally unremarkable appearance. He is 5’11 (though he will often round up to 6 feet), and has a very skinny, lanky build. His most noticeable trait would be his long mane that stretched down to his shoulders. His brown hair had soft, loose curls that contributed to his unique silhouette. His skin tone would be rather light, however his skin would appear tanner depending on the time of year, though he would be much tanner if he used less SPF. His eyebrows, which would often be relatively obscured by his bangs, were black and thick, which would bring out his unremarkable brown eyes--that were slanted slightly downward--if they were visible. His nose would be slightly larger than average, a trait he may have once been insecure about, but clearly pays no mind to anymore. Roman’s second most noticeable trait would be his killer mustache. His mustache would be dark brown and was growing in rather fully, though had not achieved its maximum fullness yet. His general appearance would be reminiscent of the seventies. Roman also had a wide, stupid smile that would only display his upper-teeth. His mustache always made his smile look wider. Roman’s fashion clearly takes some inspiration from contemporary indie fashion. He gravitates towards oversized tees, tan Carhartt jackets, birkenstocks, hiking boots, and cuffed pants. During the fall and winter, he wears his favourite jacket very often!

1634236779398.png

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:
Many people who seek a position where they can hold high amounts of power often have ulterior motives to pursue the position. However, I solely want to work on the council as a means of bettering the school community and encouraging unity. I believe school should be a comfortable, enjoyable experience for everyone, and that it should not be impeded by poor leadership, a toxic environment, or lack of fun activities. I want to join the council as a means to encourage the formation of a strong school community, where all students feel represented and appreciated.

Why do you want this position?:
I have recently been witnessing a tenser culture develop inside of the school. People tend to be close-minded, negative, and generally hold a wide distaste for the school environment. Students spend hours of their week at school, so it should be a place where all students are able to thrive, and the council is widely responsible to ensure this happens. I want to help lead this cause and form a school environment that students can be proud of. School may seem to be a generally negative place, but it does not have to be a source of hatred, there are ways that life at school can change to make sure all students are thriving in a welcoming environment that emphasizes unity. We all attend the same school, cheer for the same sports teams, and attend the same classes, so why should we be so divided?

What interests you the most about student council?:
I find the student council’s ability to organize school events and maintain school safety despite their smaller numbers to be very interesting. The success of the council serves as irrefutable proof that everything works better in a group, and shows how many people are able to work together for a common goal. I am interested to see how much of an impact the encouragement of a unified, positive, friendly environment will have on student life.

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?
Countless studies have suggested the best way to encourage a safe environment is through kindness and acts of compassion. As fun as yelling at your peers may be, it is not the ultimate way to create the ideal environment in school. Students want to feel connected with their school, so a consistent amount of fun and inclusive events are vital to the creation of a fun environment where students are able to feel safe. Campus rules can be enforced without a spirit of negativity, and I hope I can help create a positive environment in the school.

Last edited:

Tippie

Level 167
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Accepted
Thank you for applying, after a very brief discussion between the council (vice-)presidents we have decided to accept your application! Welcome to the student council! You will receive more information on what's next via discord.

Users who are viewing this thread