diskou
Omega

Ganguh | Psychiatrist Application

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section
--
IGN (In-Game Name):
Ganguh

Previous bans:
I had been on the receiving end of a thirty-day ban in April 2020, when I was still new to the server. This has been my sole ban and I have maintained a clean record following the ban.

Describe your activity on the server?:
I first joined SchoolRP in March 2020 and have maintained a stable activity throughout. I am active for several hours a day and try to be as active within the community as possible.

Which timezone are you in?:
Mountain Standard Time (MST)

Do you have discord? If so what is it?:
I have discord. ganguh#0047.

Do you have a microphone [Obligatory]:
Yes, I do have a microphone.

List your current and past applications:
Russian Language [Denied]
Russian Language [Accepted]
French Language [Denied]
French Language [Accepted]
Psychiatrist Application [Accepted]
Minnan Language [Denied]
Portuguese Language [Denied]
English Teacher [Accepted]
Greek Language [Accepted]
What experiences do you have with Detail RP?:
I have extensive experience with DetailRP. While working as EMS from December-May I was able to fully learn how to accurately and effectively use DetailRP and it has now become part of nearly everything I do on the server. I enjoy DetailRP and being able to portray my character’s personality within my actions.

What is your motivation to apply for EMS and how will you benefit our medical team?:
Psychology, and its medical extension, psychiatry is one of the biggest passions of mine. I am actively pursuing a career in the field and have found working as a Psychiatrist on SchoolRP a great way to practice the field and learn more. During my first delve into the EMS world I had enjoyed nearly every aspect of EMS.

Which medical role are you applying for? (e.g: Surgeon, Doctor, Nurse, Psychiatrist):
I am applying to be a psychiatrist.

Specify your knowledge for the role you’re applying for:
A psychiatrist is responsible for accommodating the mental side of health. While physical health is often considered the primary focus of a hospital, mental health deserves to be held at similar importance. Psychiatrists take on the responsibility of diagnosing, treating, and studying the mind, including mental disorders. A psychiatrist is responsible for ensuring patients receive high-quality care for their issues in life. While psychiatrists are often sought after for the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, they can also serve the role as the******. They are able to provide adequate counseling for patients. This can include life advice, help with self-discovery, acceptance of loss, and anything else that may concern the human mind and mental health.

Categorise all the functions of the EMS and tell us what each of them does:

--
Clinical Manager: The clinical manager is essentially the ‘big boss’ of the hospital. They take on the largest responsibility and help manage the operations of the hospital.

Clinical Lead: Clinical Leads are in charge of their individual department. They manage their department, ensuring activity goes smoothly. They also train the trainees of their department. They provide a vital role to the operation of the hospital.

Doctor: Doctors are responsible for treating injuries, prescribing medication, and treating illness. Doctors tend to be the most general field at the hospital, required to do a wide variety of treatments for their patients. They also are responsible for check-ups.

Psychiatrist: Psychiatrists cover the mental side of personal health. They diagnose, treat, and study the human mind. They provide diagnosis, prescriptions, and therapy for patients.

Surgeon: Surgeons carry the responsibility of diagnosing physical issues and treating them appropriately. They conduct more intense operations that may be more specialized than what Doctors are equipped for.

Are you aware of the basic medical emergency colour codes? If so, with their meanings, specify all those you’re aware of:
Colour codes are a system used for various emergencies. I do have knowledge of many of them, however these do change depending on location so I can re-learn them if I need to.

--
Code Red
Signaling a fire within the building, giving cause for immediate evacuation.

Code Pink
Used for emergencies regarding pediatric health.

Code Orange
Used when a hazardous spill occurs in the hospital. This is a sign to give attention to the affected area and evacuate what is needed.

Code Yellow
Used to address various threats to patients. In many cases, this can be for a bomb, however it can be for other threats. In the event of code yellow, patients must be secured and evacuated if necessary.

Code Green
Signals the need for a building evacuation as a result of an internal threat.

Code Blue
Used when a medical emergency threatening a patient’s life is existent. In some cases, it can signal issues with the cardiovascular system, but is also used to signal a general threat.

Code Purple
Signals an abduction or hostage situation. This is an event where hospital staff need to lock down the building and take all necessary actions to ensure the safety of the victim and other people inside the hospital.

Code White
Code White is called when a patient is a danger to themselves or others.

Code Brown
Used in the event of severe weather. This is an event where various actions will be taken depending on the type of weather.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes, hospital staff need to behave in a certain way, and deviations from this can cause issues, justifying a demotion.

Do you acknowledge that applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
Yes. This is something I am ready and excited for.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are authorised to attend or you will be punished [Demoted]?
Yes. Hospital staff need to be adequately trained.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Yes. The separation between IC and OOC is heavily important throughout all of SchoolRP.

In-Character (IC) Section

--
CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE
--
Tell us about your character, how they look, what makes them unique?
Character Bio
Cyprien Gauthier would be a Quebecois male standing the incredibly amazing tall stature of 5’11. He’d be forty-nine years old, and would have greying, blond hair and green eyes. He’d sport a scruffy, short beard throughout his face, which would appear slightly overgrown. He would have rather thick, expressive eyebrows that would be impossible to ignore. He would always appear rather tired and would have a healthy amount of wrinkles, giving away his age.

What he's like on and off the job?
Cyprien is a notably quiet and reserved male. He is not necessarily an expressive person and his face is difficult to read. While off the job, he tends to spend time alone or with his family. While he does struggle with his own personal problems, as anyone would, he tends to keep to himself about it. He is largely private about most aspects of his life.

As Cyprien is on the job, he is has professional as possible. His personal life has no place in his job, so he prefers to keep himself as professional as possible. He is kind and friendly to his patients, as a psychiatrist needs to be. He always makes an effort to appear comforting to his patients. He is entirely dedicated to his work.

Outlook on his co-workers? Plans for the future?
Cyprien makes every effort he can to befriend his co-workers. While he is a rather quiet and calm-natured person, he enjoys the company of others, especially forging friendships. He finds his coworkers as opportunities to create new bonds with people. While he had to withdraw from Karakura Hospital in May, he is ready to return and work into the far future. He has no plans to go after a different career and instead is happy to be able to help people through his work.

Does your character have any past / current mental and or physical illnesses we should take acknowledgement to?
Cyprien Gauthier actively suffers from Bipolar II disorder, however it does not impact his work.

BACKSTORY
--

Cyprien Gauthier was born 5 April 1972 in Brossard, Quebec, Canada. Cyrpien had grown up in the Montreal area, which is known for its bilingualism, allowing him to live life speaking both French and English. As an adolescent, he was a troubled child. He had difficulties in school and experienced frequent punishments for his actions.

Cyprien had begun his higher-education in Vancouver, Canada, studying psychology. During his time studying in Vancouver, he was finally able to figure out who he was as a person. He had found himself developing into the calm and reserved individual he is today and had adopted the general aesthetic of the pacific northwest. He had used his time in university as a means to become a better person, and his years in university were the most formative for himself today. Cyprien had moved to Montreal after completing his Bachelor’s to pursue his Master’s degree. After completing his master’s he began working as a the******, a job in which he found very suitable for himself.

Cyprien has four children, all of which he spends as much time as possible with, In addition to his children, he is also engaged to Keanna Omaira.

He had began his work at Karakura Hospital in December 2020, but had to step down in early May of the following year as a result of several factors, including his mental health. However, as he has taken the summer off, he is ready and willing to return to the workforce, specifically to resume his position as a psychiatrist.

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Characters Full Name:
Cyprien Gauthier

Characters Title (e.g, Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Mr.

Characters Given Name(s):
Cyprien

Characters Preferred Name:
Cyprien Gauthier

Characters Age:

Characters Gender:
Male

Characters Religious Domination:
Agnostic

Characters Marital Status:
Engaged

Characters Nationality:
Canadian

SECTION 2: Academic Details

--
Years of Residency:
6 Years.

Working Experience(s):
Prior to arriving in Karakura, I had worked in the psychiatric field for twelve years in Canada.
Worked at Karakura Hospital as a psychiatrist December-May 2021

Academic Degree:
Masters in Psychology

Year of Graduation:
Graduated with Bachelor’s in 1994
Graduated with Master’s in 1998

Major(s):
Psychology

Minor(s):
Sociology and Chemistry.

Native Languages:
French and English