-​
5 PM to 3 AM EST​
4 PM to 12 AM EST

What is your timezone?:
EST
List your current and past applications:
What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
Experience number 1
My first experience with roleplay is before I joined SRP. I have played DND for about 2 years now as a player, playing in about 2 different games role playing different characters in both of them meaning I have experience roleplaying as characters and if one of my EMS characters gets majorly injured and needs to recover I can easily switch and act as a different character if needed.
Experience number 2
My second experience is more recent then the last one but still before I joined SRP. I was a Dungeon Master for DND for my own game. It was only one session long because it was meant to be a short game.
Experience number 3
My third experience is on SRP. My time as a KPD officer has really increased my ability to roleplay. KPD also interacts with EMS a lot so I know how EMS acts and I can make a character that will be perfect for EMS that is also an interesting character at the same time!
Experience number 4
My fourth experience is also on SRP. This is also a short one it was when I was a teacher on SRP for a week or 2 for this but it did help me understand grade 12’s a lot more which is one of the biggest groups to enter EMS daily it also helped my patience with greenies on srp meaning I know how to act around them now.

What is your motivation for applying?
ICLY motivation
My reason for applying today is through my whole life I’ve gone through terrible moments barely recovering from all of them yet I continue to keep going I want to help other people like me continue going in life my life hasn’t been perfect and I know it that’s why I want to be a psychiatrist to help others that are going through other bad situations because people see me as a nice and kind person that doesn’t have any issues while inside I’m feeling a world of pain emotionally.
OOC motivation
Why I want to apply for psychiatrist
The reason I decided to apply for EMS is I’ve already applied once for EMS and got denied which I was fine with now I’ve learned since how to write better applications and I also love what psychiatrists do more than doctors now that I have spent more time as an officer interacting with EMS especially psychiatrists for KPD evals which was one of the more fun things i’ve done on SRP.
Why I want to apply for EMS in general
I want to apply to work for EMS because I love all the people that work for EMS in the discord and interacting with them as an officer. I find what EMS does very fun and a great learning experience for more roleplay. I also love trying to make people happier not on the server while psychiatrists make people in SRP happier while also doing other stuff psychiatrists do at the same time which I find to be something I really want to do.
Which role are you applying for?

(Doctor or Psychiatrist):
Psychiatrist

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?

ICLY knowledge
I worked as a psychiatrist before medical issues forced me to quit so I know how to talk to people and that basic stuff of being a psychiatrist in my previous job. I wasn't that high up so I didn’t learn everything that I could have but I do have a nice amount of knowledge.
OOC knowledge
My basic knowledge of what psychiatrists do is giving out prescriptions for medication for mental-related things. They also do KPD evals for the officers and are usually not the ones to treat people with actual injuries physically
The roles of psychiatrists and what they are like.
Psychiatrist resident
This is the role that has to go through the training they aren’t able to go off duty at all due to them not being completely trusted to be safe off duty as they are new to the faction and still need to learn the rules of it this is the lowest spot as a psychiatrist there is a max of 3 of this rank.
Psychiatrist
This is the first role that is able to go off duty; they are not able to train the new residents whenever there are new ones. They are the basic role that after you pass psychiatrist training you will be moved to this rank there is a max of 3 of this rank.
Attending psychiatrist
This is the first role that is able to train the residents. This is the rank that shows you are good enough at your job to be promoted. This rank is not higherup but is more trusted than the normal psychiatrist there is a max of 2 of this rank.
Senior psychiatrist
Senior psychiatrists are the role before you are higher up in the hospital this is the 3rd highest rank for psychiatrists this is one of the trusted ranks and most people that have this rank are really good at being psychiatrists there is a max of 3.
Head of psychiatrists
This is the first higher-up role in the psychiatrist branch this shows that you are really good at being a psychiatrist as this is the second highest in the psychiatrist branch there is a max of 1 head psychiatrist.
Psychiatrist Clinical lead
This is the highest position in the psychiatrist branch this role is also a higher up in the hospital staff being completely in charge of this branch usually max of 1.
Clinical manager
This is the second highest role in all of the hospitals. This is when you have shown that you are really good at being a hospital worker and are very trusted. This role is higher up in the hospital and max of 1.
Hospital Director
This is a staff-only role as it is the leader of the faction this is for the best of the best at hospital work they control how everything looks including the hospital side of the emergency server there is a max of 1.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
I do acknowledge that I can be demoted at any time along with being demoted.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
I agree to be 100% dedicated to the hospital staff role.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
I am aware that if I miss training I will be punished.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
I do acknowledge not to take things oocly with training and situations.

In-Character (IC) Section
SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS
Character’s Full Name:

Valentina Velasco

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Female She/Her

Character’s Age (if accepted):

Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):

PhD

Character’s Nationality:
Spanish

Character’s Marital Status:
Single

Character’s Religious Denomination:
N/A

Character’s Spoken Languages:
Japanese, Spanish

Backstory (100+ Words)
Education
My education started when I was born in Spain I started school at the age of 6 one year before I recovered from my sickness I took basic education classes math and the basics and continued doing that until high school when I was 15 I was super unpopular so I had tons of free time meaning I spent a lot of my time studying and taking advanced classes focusing mostly on people so I could try to make friends easier and be the supportive friend sadly that didn’t really work and I was still unpopular I also really liked math so I took a bunch of advanced math classes then at 19 I started college still taking people based classes focusing on psychology still taking as many math classes as I could it was by 20 when I decided that I was going to get a PhD in psychology then go to medical school while I was in college until 30 I also got a major in math after I finished medical school.
Life before Karakura
Before we get to how I applied today let's go back a bit to when I was 4 that is when the first problems started I had caught a disease that left me unable to get places without the help of my parents I was a kid back then so I don’t remember it much but it did slow down my education at 6 making it so I couldn’t take many advanced classes due to having slower thinking because of the sickness but this didn’t stop me from going on with my life eventually at 7 the sickness was gone I had recovered! At 8 I went mountain climbing with my parents and according to them I had fallen down a large part of the mountain hitting my head and causing me to be in a coma for 2 years my parents told me they kept watch over me the whole 2 years making sure I survived and by 10 I had woken up finally with no memory of what happened luckily it didn’t affect my memory prior but it did give me serious headaches at times meaning I still had to come back to the hospital every now and then so they could help me recover this lasted until about 14 when I had finally recovered and this is when I started high school! I felt great and was ready to start and then because of course my bad luck struck again I had no friends and was lonely so I went to the beach alone when suddenly I started to feel sick again and instantly called my parents to come to help they eventually made it but not before I had passed out from the sickness I woke up the next day in the hospital bed feeling terrible after a day of treatment they gave me medication to survive this allowed me to continue school going on with classes I was still lonely but I wasn’t dead so that’s all that mattered to me and what kept me going. By 16 I was still taking medication and going about my daily life. I was sick but getting better. 17 was one of my lowest years of high school. I was lonely and tired when one day I forgot to take my medication 3 hours into school. I had to rush to the nurse's office. I nearly died but luckily they got me my medication. By 18 I had recovered, and finally, I had the best time of my life. I wasn't sick anymore and it stayed that way for many years. By 30 which was 10 years before it happened, I had gotten a job as a psychiatrist in spain away from my parents they naturally were scared for me with the medical issues I had at an early age but I thought they were gone anyway this job lasted for about 10 years and I was loving every minute of it and didn’t want to quit anytime soon but then the real sickness showed I was doing my job talking to a patient when suddenly I had this serious pain somewhere on my chest upon getting rushed out to the hospital turns out I had a heart disease this left me stuck in bed for 10 years I was in pain and didn’t want to quit but I had to I couldn’t do my job and felt truly defeated after 5 years I felt like I had no chance at recovery but another 4 years passed and suddenly the pain was becoming less and less without the medication it was still there and I felt like I wasn’t going to recover but after a year I had recovered it was sudden but I wasn’t going to take it for granted I spent a year recovering before I moved to Karakura.
Adult Life in Karakura
At this point I was 41 when I moved to Karakura something about this city drew me in I spent 10 years in Karakura in this city I believed maybe I could make friends but like every other place I just couldn’t make any so at 50 I left to visit my parents for a couple of years by this point they were 90 and pretty old but I still enjoyed my time with them spending another 7 years with them I myself was pretty old at this point being 57 but they were 97 and eventually age got to them and they passed away I stayed in their home working side jobs that I didn’t enjoy for 2 years still mentally recovering from everything on my 60th birthday I heard that Karakura hospital was opening for new psychiatrists and I knew what I had to do.
Why she is applying
I decided to apply today because I have all the required experience as a psychiatrist and from my short time in Karakura previously I knew this was the job for me I love helping people and meeting people even if I was lonely most of my life that doesn’t mean I don’t care about people I want to help people that could be going through the same thing as me because while I know not everyone has gone through what I have and some have gone through worse and my goal is just to help people as much as I can to feel better than I have been feeling while also distracting myself from the problems in my life.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY
What is your character’s medical specialty? Why did they choose this focus?
(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)

Her medical specialty is psychiatry and she chose this focus because she likes people and wants to make friends and also wanted to focus on it because she finds it to be the most interesting study that she could choose.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
After medical school, she took a residency in psychiatry!

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
She worked as a temporary psychiatrist in Spain when she was 30!

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
Yes, she has completed additional schooling and that is she majored in math while in college she eventually had to stop meaning she couldn’t get a Ph.D. but she does have a basic major in it just because she finds math interesting.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE
Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?
Valentina description

Valentina is a 5’7 Woman weighing in at 110 pounds she is underweight and has bags under her eyes showing that she doesn’t get much sleep, she has a scar on her face going from her chin up to her forehead, despite all this she has a smile on her face most of the time she almost seems too innocent for all the stuff that looks wrong with her. If you look at her teeth a couple of them are chipped.
What she looks like
Valentina looks like a happy woman. She is on the older side, has a few messed up teeth and a couple scars but usually has a smile on her face despite everything.
What makes her unique
The thing that makes Valentina unique is the fact that she has gone through a lot throughout the years having multiple medical issues but yet she continues to go on day by day doing her best to make others happy while not being happy herself.

How does your character act on and off duty?
Whenever she is on duty she acts completely serious making sure to not mess up her job when surrounded by others she would try her absolute hardest to make sure they were doing okay and the patients were doing okay.

When she is off duty she acts lonely and sad. She doesn’t have many friends so a lot of her off-duty time would be spent working any extra jobs she may get other than that she probably won’t spend much time off duty but would spend it on useful things unless she has friends to hang out with.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
She functions better alone because most of her life she hasn’t had any friends most of her life causing her to be better at working alone if she talked with others more that could change the current day she is better alone than with others

What plans does your character have for the future?
Her plans for the future are to become a great psychiatrist without health issues stopping her job like they did last time. She wants to get friends through either the hospital or in the town of Karakura. She also wants to try to get a boyfriend or girlfriend. It doesn't matter to her and she doesn’t need one anytime soon.
How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
Valentina is a nice person that cares about people that enjoys being around others while being a happy person excited to work with no stress or fear. Most people would even say she looks too innocent for the marks on her face.

How Valentina sees herself is completely different; she feels useless and is constantly having thoughts about quitting and not being good enough for the job. She still likes people and enjoys talking to most people.

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
DENIED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, however, we have decided to deny this application due to the following reasons:

- Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the faction, we often have to deny good applicants because there are others that have been deemed as better choices, whether it's due to server reputation or due to the detail that was put into their application.

- When applying for a faction, having detail is one of the best ways to show your interest to the higher-up team. We recommend that you spend more time adding detail to your application if you wish to apply again!

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 4lx. - via discord, and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread