4 PM to 12 AM3:30 PM to 12 AM4 PM to 12 AM
3:30 PM to 12 AM
4 PM to 12 AM

Which time zone are you in?
EST

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:

What is your motivation for applying?:
A sense of belonging
I feel like the community of the KPD clicked with me really well and I've been good friends with a few of the KPD members for a while. Such as being friends with Ender one of the corporals in KPD for a big part of my time applying for KPD. I would make jokes about him not being very good at math which he was okay with. We have been getting along and Ender helped give advice for this application showing we must be at least somewhat good friends if he is willing to give some advice on it. I hit a KPD officer with a fish as a joke which was a fun experience for both of us with me getting a good screenshot and him getting
hit with a fish most people that weren't well-known well in KPD wouldn't have a chance to do that. It also helped me feel like I belonged when he sent a screenshot of me joking around in looc. I also enjoy helping people out and if I get into KPD I would try my best to help in the help channel as well as do things some KPD don't do often like calls because I think the IC calls can be just as important as someone coming into the building. What I'm trying to say is while my character will be serious in character out of character I can be a funny person that tries to make KPD more fun for other people working there while also being a kind and supportive person.

Wanting a chance
I know my application may not be the best with amazing applications like ghostfireswords being posted but even giving me this small chance to be in KPD would mean everything. I promise that if I get accepted I will put in 100% effort trying to be the best officer I can possibly be by trying to make other members happy while also joking around with them. KPD seems like a super fun group to be with. There is plenty of other people applying as I said so I understand denying me but if you do decide to accept me I will be the best I can be. if I make it in and don't do well enough to stay I will understand. That is why I want to apply to be the best I can be and work in a great faction like KPD and with the great people that work for KPD
Character Motivation
Character Motivation: My character personally has a lot of reasons to want to be a part of the KPD she has always wanted to defend her friends from getting hurt and try to protect people on the streets if she saw them getting attacked which is a big part of KPD and something she enjoyed doing. Being in KPD would allow her to protect the citizens of Karakura even more. Including her being witness to and even victim of many crimes throughout Karakura, as well as rebelling against her parent's wishes, which made her want to apply for KPD. She also recently learned that a big part of the kids in her family moved to Karakura. So she would want to join KPD to protect them from the dangers of the city which a lot of them seem to get in a lot with her sister Winter Martinez losing both of her legs.
Financial stability
Her Financial stability is poor at best as she is barely getting by daily with her meager allowance. She has nearly been homeless if it wasn't for the apartment her sister Emelia let her move into but if it wasn't for that she wouldn't have had anywhere to live because she barely had money to get by in her daily life. She also needs money to protect Emelia because she is barely able to leave the apartment without getting hurt. Katie made it her goal to help Emelia survive because she knows how it feels to be barely getting by on food and nearly starving every week.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
I'm aware that officers spend a lot of time patrolling. As well as I know one of the biggest things they do is sit at the front desk helping the people that need help in the main building. They also reply to the phone calls made to KPD. Their job is also to stop criminals whenever they figure out about something happening. Police have to be completely serious when stopping crime or they will be demoted or fired as it's always important to be professional on the job. Police also help when people get kidnapped and they get a call about it. Police are what keep the city together and not just all crime with constant gang wars.

Glock 17
Bleed out timer 10 minutes
- KO if to the head (If you are close up or in a hostage situation), Bali can block one hit to the face against it but the bali will break t
30 block reach if shooting it if up close 2 blocks
If you shoot the arm with it that arm is disabled
if you shoot the chest bleed out timer starts and they can't do any harmful action
Whoever you shoot will be slowed after the first shot the second shot they get stunned
Has 8 bullets a magazine
Can't be mugged
Only one bullet per action
When out of range, the officer must only specify where they are aiming

Baton- 2 hit KO
Can be mugged
Range-2 blocks
an action to take out

Handcuffs
Can't be mugged
All officers get 2

Police radio
Can't be mugged
action needed to speak into it if hostile people are nearby
Can be broken (requires major or kill perms)

Breathalyzer
Used to see how drunk someone is
Can't be mugged
Must be actioned to use on someone

Police badge
Can't be mugged
Must be actioned to be shown to an individual (right click to show it to them)
Only possessed by Patrol Officers and higher.

Taser
Can't KO
Can't be mugged
has to be actioned to take out if in range
Must action to use unless you are in a chase or not in combat
If you stun someone with it they get Kill perms
7 block range

Pepper spray
Can't KO
Can't be mugged
Has to be actioned if in range
using it gives major perms to the person you use it on
Blinds for a max of two minutes
7 block range

Crowbar
Two hit KO
Can be mugged
has to be actioned to take out
two block range

Riot gear
Can't be mugged
hides the identy of the officer using it
Can't be removed by forced unless you are KO'd
gives an extra magazine to the gun when wearing it

Police bike
Can't be mugged
only one person can ride it
speed-high

Police car
Can't be mugged
Holds 4 people
Speed-High

Luminol
ItemRP

Used to detect blood and dents on weapons
Main branch
Cadet- Cadet is the lowest of the ranks in KPD you can be this is the rank any new hire starts at there is 8 they are not able to do much besides be the front desk as they are new to the job this rank does not get a gun. This rank can not go on patrol
Officer- They get more power than cadets this is the 2nd lowest rank of Kpd with there being a max of 8 like cadet this rank does not get a gun the officer is able to go on patrols this rank is also known as patrol officer.
Corporal- This is the 3rd lowest of kpd this rank of kpd is when you start to get more power this is when you are well known throughout kpd along with getting your own outfit, a bike and crowbar.
Sergeant- Sergeant is above Corporal meaning they basically instruct the ones below them this is the rank that gets a gun along with everything else the ranks below them get.
Lieutenant- This rank is the final one of the main branch they lead every rank below them and have a gun by this point they should also have a police bike and Car. Max of 3

Detective branch
Detective constable- This is the first level of the detective branch while still better than cadets they are still the lowest in detective meaning they have the most to learn max of 3
detective inspector- This is the second of the detective rank these are the ones who spend a lot of their time being a detective as the one before them is just the ones being trained to be a detective. Max of 4
detective chief inspector- This is the 3rd rank of detective they help watch over the other 2 while being a detective themselves. Max of 2

detective superintendent- This is the best out of the detective branch this rank is for those who are the best of the best detective they are the ones if a case gets serious enough to be called. Max of 1

Leaders of KPD
Captain- Captain is the first rank of the leaders they see over all the other branches while still looking up to the final and highest role of KPD. Max of 1
Commissioner- Commissioner is the best of the best at KPD this is for the people who have survived and done their job so well they get to be the highest in KPD they oversee everyone even the captain you do not want this part of KPD on your bad side. Max of 1[
/SPOILER]

Why are the Police important to SchoolRP?
Police are important to Schoolrp because the people that do Gangrp also need to be stopped or arrested so the school is safe. They also are important so people can't just go around doing crimes constantly. Police are also important to schoolrp because without them there would be no safety in the school or outside the school which would get people hurt. If there wasn't police there would be fewer jobs for people that need money to survive and live their life making police even more important to the economy of Schoolrp.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Of course, I completely understand that if I do something wrong or am inactive enough, I will be demoted. I will never do anything wrong because I would hate to be kicked out of KPD.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
I acknowledge that by applying for this role I will be completely dedicated to being a police officer. I will be completely dedicated to being a police officer as being in KPD seems super fun meaning I will put tons of effort into it.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
I acknowledge that I need to show up to training or I will be punished or get in trouble and I promise to show up to every training session if I'm online. I'm usually active enough to make it to most training I think so I will hopefully be able to show up to a lot because training would be very important to know.
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Katie Martinez

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:
Woman She/her

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Grade 12

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
French and Jsl

Describe your character; how they look, and what makes them unique.
I am around 5’3 to 5’4ft tall. My hair color is a natural dark brown. I have a soft purple eye with the other eye being nothing as I lost it a couple of years ago. I would say I’m pretty thin I don’t eat as much as a regular person should. Whenever I’m not on duty my normal clothes are a bright pink color which I like to believe reflects my bright personality I believe this doesn’t make me completely unique but I believe it just shows that I’m a tiny bit different from every other person applying. Despite everything I’ve been through in just a few years in the town of Karakura I usually try to keep a smile on my face. Chaos can be going on around me and I would still try to keep a straight face or a happy face unless a fellow co-worker is in danger. If something bad happens to someone where they get seriously hurt no matter what crime they have committed I will make sure they at least survive. People say I usually have a confused look on my face I don’t quite remember why as I must have taken a heavy hit to the head but I believe it was due to someone attacking me and giving me brain damage.
She has a worried look on her face "I don't want to tase you" Her face suddenly changes expressions to a more serious face "But I will if I FUCKING have to"

Some of my strengths are my ability to make light of a dark situation. I also will keep trying at something even if I fail I won't quit trying no matter what.

Some of my weaknesses are that I'm not the smartest and will do dumb things at times. I'm also very distant at times and can switch personalities randomly.

1682991807297.pngScreenshot (105).png1685236491242.png
Katie before losing her eye (Ignore the purple in her hair that wouldn't be there I just couldn't get rid of it)

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
In a professional / Casual situation, I like to take a deep breath before doing anything. The reason for this is that I can be nervous about doing things at times. Despite being worried at times I know how to be professional whenever it is needed. I’m always the type of person to just get the job done. I do still hate my parents to this day but they did help teach me and few things like how to protect myself and how to stay professional in every situation. The only thing that wouldn’t make me perfect for professional situations is that I have the issue of brain damage that causes me to change my personality at times.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
My outlook on my other co-workers is that if we aren’t in a bad situation I will try to have a good time with them possibly going off duty to just talk to one of them to see how they are doing or just hang out as friends. As long as they are nice to me ill be nice back to them. I believe that teamwork is super important in a group setting and can help make friends and get jobs done much quicker than alone. I believe that everyone deserves friends and that having a good friend can bring out the best in people.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
I believe that I can be a follower a lot of the time. I’m the kind of person that can be a good leader at times but I’m usually too stressed to believe I can be a leader. I’m also a really good listener making me great for following a leader and doing exactly as they say besides the small amount of memory loss from my brain damage. I enjoy being a follower it doesn’t upset me if I’m below someone if they are above me that means they deserve to lead me and I’m accepting of that unless they are clearly a bad leader. I can be a little shy at times making me afraid to lead people without being worried about messing up and getting more people hurt. If I’m a leader and do something wrong and someone yells at me I will be scared because I hate when people yell at me because of me doing something wrong.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)
I was born in a Mexican family by my father Chaves and Rose Martinez. I was the second oldest sister before Angela Martinez. So naturally my parents had high expectations but their expectations were too much for me to handle. They would overload me with work, Expected me to take the hardest possible classes in school. I tried telling them about the mental issues I had from them overworking me but they never really listened to what I said. Don’t get me wrong my family wasn’t all bad there are worse families out there. For example, my family taught me Japanese sign language and French. However, they let me have little control over what I wanted to do they would let me change my appearance so I tended to change how I looked a lot. It's funny actually I overheard before applying here that you had to have your natural hair color to work here so I did that but it had been so long that I didn’t even remember what it was ill tell you one thing it was a huge surprise to me when it was brown. It took a couple of years of this overworking for me to realize that I wasn’t enjoying my life with this family with my sisters constantly fighting and my parents overworking me. I think I realized that when I was about 16 only 2 years before I left for the town of Karakura. It gets really interesting at 17 that’s when I finally had enough of all the stuff they were making me do so naturally being 17 with all the emotions of a teenager I lashed out at them it wasn’t my proudest moment but I told them to either let me do what I wanted to do or I would leave when I turned 18 as you can clearly see by me being here today they didn’t care or listen to what I had to say. By 18 I stuck to my promise I left my home and made a bold choice to head to a small town in Japan. The town of Karakura. I knew the first day there that this was going to be my new home and I would learn to live without my parents this would be the start of my first few years in Karakura which only got more chaotic.

Ah right, I should describe my school education before I explain why I'm joining KPD today. Well, it started before I moved to Karakura because of my parent's high expectations I had high expectations for myself. I took many advanced classes from first to eleventh grade taking advanced Math, History, Science, and English. When I moved to Karakura even though I was mad at my parents I still knew it was smart to take advanced classes so I still took advanced classes I decided at this point in grade 12 that I knew I wanted to major in something to do with criminals either to be a lawyer or officer. So the advanced classes I took in grade 12 were Math, History, and English I didn't take science because I was never very good at science I continued that throughout the whole grade 12 while still making time for friends not that I had many. In college with all my studying in math, History, and English I knew exactly what I wanted to take so I took criminology this was at the point when all the stress of everything happening to my few friends and when I had to leave Mary because by this point she was done with college so I wasn't old enough for her to legally date me I will explain who Mary is in the next part of my history in Karakura. Anyways because of the stress of everything I was overworked a little but I kept going eventually graduating with a PHD in criminology and that was my school education before joining KPD. Finally its time I explain what my reason for applying today was.

I believe it was my first year in Karakura when I was around 18 still and I met this amazing girl named Mary. I knew after my first few months with her I had to go to college with her, however, I wasn’t the smartest kid and failed the exam while she passed. We tried to stay together we really did however I knew I had to go down a different path I even tried applying for a job at 18 just a local business but was denied. This hurt a lot not being able to talk to Mary as much with her leaving town for a while. It was 19 when we fully weren’t together anymore I still talked to her mother Ume just saying hi because oh that was a fun time her mom was the school lunch server so I would just say hi every now and then. I even met a girl named Millie who was upset after her friend Chloe lost both her eyes this was when I was still dating Mary and when I first moved into town. This group was good Millie showed me another one named Poppy who had 1 eye at the time I didn’t think much of it just thinking maybe they got in trouble a lot. Oh boy was I wrong. After everything that happened to Millie that I didn’t know much about at the time she was going a little crazy in the head it was at this point when someone tried to break into the apartment she was robbing us I believe so I chased her with Millie. This was not a good moment for me I helped Millie knock her out believing I was just helping defend the house when all of a sudden Millie cut something with a knife that made it so the robber couldn’t speak. It was crazy and I should have called the police. I rushed her to the hospital leaving Millie there I knew it was bad at the time but oh it got so much worse. Chloe was still in the hospital recovering from what I believed little did I know she was out but in hiding. That’s not important right now what is important is when I was at the beach alone fishing something I used to do a lot before well let me explain. This pink-haired girl came up to me I believe she sounded a little bit British with what was it ah right Romanian. She told me to follow her so I did because I wasn’t thinking right and believed everyone in Karakura was nice. She took me to a private spot when she started choking me out. Naturally, I quickly fought back I didn’t have a phone to call the police but it didn’t matter she knocked me out, and when I woke up. Well, I only had 1 eye left someone later explained to me that she was the friend of the person Millie hurt and went for me for revenge. From that point on I lived life peacefully for about to about 23 years old I couldn’t say the same for my friends though. At 20 I wasn’t around for a few days recovering in the hospital. When I heard from someone that Chloe had broken into our apartment with a katana yeah I know a katana don’t ask me how she could have possibly gotten that in a year she chopped Millie's leg and arm off hospitalizing Millie. No matter what I did nothing could distract me from how I didn’t do enough to protect them this was about the time I knew something had to change.

After about 3 years of thinking about this all of my sisters moved into the town following me their names were as follows Emelia, Winter, Faye, and later Angela. I was leaning towards KPD a bit by this point funny enough but didn’t apply until well now that I’m 32. What happened next was something I could have never predicted by the time I was 24 Winter had gotten herself into a fight with two people where she actually managed to knock one out and another one out later she was always the stronger one but they eventually got her knocking her out. I didn’t hear until she got out of the hospital a couple of weeks later but they had cut both her legs off. This is when it was really starting to hit I needed to do something to protect this town I just didn’t quite know what it was that I should have done. The real turning point was after a few years of peace I believe I was 31 it’s a gray area you will understand why soon enough. It was a normal day I was just jumping around to get stronger so I could defend my sisters when this nice man met me at the beach he said his name was John Lewis I believe I’m not the smartest so I followed him around for the day we went and had a food fight at KPD which I later apologized to the officer for and cleaned as much as I could. He took me to the forest and this is when things started to go a little bit weird and harder to remember I believe he took me into the forest and must have done something because I remember him saying something about murdering people there but he later said he was joking after getting really close to me he picked me up and I didn’t think much of it when the last thing I remember was him throwing me at a wall of rocks he must have been the one to hurt me because when I woke up my ribs were broken along with my legs and my head really hurt. I decided later that year it was time I was sick of everyone around me getting hurt and it was time to make a change for myself, my family, and friends. So I applied for KPD and that is why I’m here today at 32 ready to protect and serve this town with my life if I need to for my friends, Family, and everyone else in this town I will make this town a better place even if it’s one step at a time.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

You can not legally own a pocket knife in Karakura the only thing that is allowed is a bat

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Pain medicine, Throat medicine, Wooden cane, Eyepatch, and glasses

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
I should report them to someone that is higher up than me. Police should not be abusing inmates no matter what! Abusing an inmate even if you think they deserve it is not okay they will be spending a while in there anyway even if jail doesn't change them. Abusing them won't help them get better, it will just make them upset at you causing them to want to change even less. Any type of abuse is bad no matter police officer or not that is why you should tell on the officers that are abusing an inmate because no matter what they did abusing them is not the right thing to do.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
If my co-worker is being assaulted I should immediately come over to help them. I can not let my fellow Co-workers get badly injured without at least trying to help. I should also call for backup first so that if something happens to me at least there will be backup to help. If A co-worker got assaulted I would not be afraid to hurt or use a taser on the person hurting them because if they are going to hurt or kill my fellow co-worker. I will not stand by and do nothing as no matter if I like the co-worker or not I refuse to let them get hurt.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
If they are being corrupt I will instantly report them to a higher-up instead of trying to stop them myself as that will just get me hurt its always better to report to someone higher than you or it will just cause more problems. There also needs to be proof of it happening you can't just report someone with 0 proof of them doing something wrong or they will just get in trouble and then you will get in trouble either by them or the higher-up for reporting them with zero proof. I always make sure to get proof no matter what even if it doesn't seem like anything that bad because it could lead to something way worse and having even small proof could help. Telling a higher-up is still the best idea so that you don't risk your life getting information. The higher-up that can kick the person out will see it if they are being corrupt.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
If a criminal is trying to bribe me and has just committed a crime I will arrest them immediately. I will never let a bribe stop me from arresting someone as that is what a corrupt cop would do and I am not corrupt and never will be! Because letting a criminal bribe you is terrible and only a bad cop would do it and I'm always trying to be the best I can so I would never ever let someone bribe me no matter how much money it is. It could be a million and I wouldn't accept it because I'm not corrupt!

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
ACCEPTED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to give you a chance at becoming part of our faction!​

WHAT NOW?
-
In order to proceed, you will need to join the discord server that house
the faction you have applied for. To find it, go to the SchoolRP discord
server (CLICK HERE) and search for our discord server!

- We will also need you to be online to receive your introductions and
the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as part of the faction!​

ADDITIONAL NOTES
If you need further assistance, you can privately message
me (Yonio#5112) or any other available Admin+ via Discord
so that we can solve any other inquiries you may have

Users who are viewing this thread