Level 5
BlossomRp
BlossomRp
Fundraiser+
PLAYER INFORMATION

In-game Name:
AsaKaiRp

Previous bans (include appeal links):
One ban in late June, accepted appeal early July. No active warnings.
ACCEPTED Ban Appeal

Discord Tag:
Lotus#5332

Do you have a working microphone?:
Yes!

Timezone & Country:
Eastern Standard Time (EST), United States (US), but I am a night howl, staying up very late and sleeping in a lot. Due to my flexible schedule I can sleep whenever and wake up whenever! Not a problem for me to be awake really late or really early.

Links to any current & past applications (Spoiler them):

Describe your activity on the server:
I am extremely active on SRP when I am not busy with my online college classes, though my schedule is extremely flexible. I am able to decide when I want to take my oocly classes so I am able to hop online at any time or for any occasion. I would rate my activity on the server as a solid 8. I take breaks from SRP once a month for 3-5 days but other than that I am online around 6-8 hours per oocly day. On SRP I am a variety of different roles and participate in a variety of role plays! On my adult account, i am a higher-up in a gang, a professor on my alt, college bachelor student, cashier at the Joyoung shop, a greenie roleplayer and applying to become a lawyer. I take SRP very seriously, it is something I have put countless time, effort and love into every single roleplay and character I have made.

APPLICATION INFORMATION

What position are you applying for?:

Lawyer

What is your motivation for applying?:
Recently, I have had a character by the name of Gael O'Leary and his close friend Amari sue someone named Lenard Hanazono. During this entire experience I have seen how lawyers interact with clients, gather information and how they provide their information during trials. Seeing all of this has created a little excitement in me on wanting to apply as a lawyer and do all of this myself! I have also always been a sucker for criminal television, constantly watching shows with trial and watching these badass lawyers! I also really love watching and interacting with the Karakura Police Department, so going to the station to help with inmates would be a lot of fun!

Do you have an understanding of Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights?:
I have full understanding of the Karakura laws and constitutional rights from reading the different forms multiple times as well as being involved in icly situations!

Are there any goals for you or your character with this role?:
I do have goals with my character Asa as well as myself with this role. Beginning with my goals oocly, I was involved in a week or two long ic situation where my character Gael was being hurt by another and decided to take the legal action of suing. It was a very long and very draining process of screenshots, interviews, interrogations and lots and lots of both icly and oocly confrontation and hate. My goal if I become a lawyer is to ease the weeks long process of trial for my client(s) and make it a situation where they feel heard, understood and have someone who is there fighting for them, both oocly and icly. That I am not only just doing this because it is a job, but because I want to help right for people! Moving on to icly. My goals for Asa start with his past. Asa was put in an orphanage at the young age of 10 after several long trials. The first trial was for murder, the second for his mother's custody of Asa. Asa has been in and out of trials, being interviewed, interrogated, switched from home to home, having to gather evidence as a ten year old boy and several other things. Though, Asa could not have done any of this without his amazing, state given lawyer, Mr. Yoshiro. He promised himself he would grow up and work hard to become a lawyer that supports those in their worsts moments in life, just as Mr. Yoshiro did for Asa.

In your own words, describe what the position you’re applying for does within the government:
Lawyers, or otherwise called attorneys, are both advocates and advisors. As advocates, they represent one of the parties in a criminal or civil trial by presenting evidence and arguing in support of their client. As advisors, lawyers counsel their clients about their legal rights and obligations and suggest courses of action in business and personal matters.

Duties Included:
1. Advise and represent clients in courts, before government agencies, and in private legal matters
2. Communicate with their clients, colleagues, judges, and others involved in the case
3. Conduct research and ****ysis of legal problems
4. Interpret laws, rulings, and regulations for individuals and businesses
5. Present facts in writing and verbally to their clients or others, and argue on behalf of their clients
6. Prepare and file legal documents, such as lawsuits, appeals, wills, contracts, and deeds

Do you acknowledge that upon being accepted you can be subject to removal at any given time?:
Yes, I understand.

Do you understand that you’re expected to be dedicated to your position upon being accepted?:
Of course!

Are you aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment?:
Yes, of course.

Have you read & agreed to follow the Government Faction rules?:
Yes, I have and I agree.

Are you able to attend weekly meetings & events?:
I am!

IN CHARACTER SECTION

Full name:

Asa Kai

Preferred title (Mr., Mrs., etc.):
Mr. Kai, though I do not mind if you are informal!

Current age:

Date of birth:
I was born on April 20th, 1994 in Tokyo, Japan!

Academic Degree:
Masters, Juris Doctor (JD)

Major(s):
Masters in Law and Criminal Justice

Minor(s):
Minors in Mandarin and Politics

Work experience:
My work experience began as a law intern when I was in college studying to become a lawyer. As a legal intern, I looked up various cases, statutes, and other legal literature that was at issue in that particular case and drafted memos that helped the attorney working on the case understand what the law said on those issues and how to make arguments that helped their clients. Another thing I did was attend court hearings, depositions, mediations, client meetings, and other case events with my supervising attorney. This was a great way for me to observe how the legal knowledge and principles I learned in law school came into play to advance a case or client’s position. I often took notes, identifying additional research that might have been helpful or questions that needed to be answered, and discussed my thoughts with the attorney on the case.

Political background:
My political background is slightly different than others, for mine didn't start in college. My political journey started at the age of 10 when my biological father attempted to kill my sister and I, and out of self defense, I ended his life. As a 10 year old boy, I was sent to trial for murder, saying I killed my father in cold blood when it was nothing of a sort. I fought for my life and for my sister's life, even if she died. During this journey with the trial, I was sent from foster home to foster home where I experienced that side of the political world. Though, no family wanted a murderer for a child, so I was officially sent to the orphanage for Tokyo children when I turned 11 in 2005. Though, this horrifying journey did not just negatively effect me, but made me realize who I wanted to become. I met the man by the name of Jiro Yoshiro, he was a state appointed attorney and a man who fought tirelessly for my freedom. He showed me what I wanted to do, who I wanted to be. I want to fight for justice for those who need it, those who can't fight for it without help.
Of course, my political experience continued in college where I studied for years minoring in politics alongside my minor in Mandarin, masters in Law and Criminal Justice. I later on earned my Juris Doctor and passed my bars exams.

Nationality & born location:
I am Asian and of Japanese descent, born in Tokyo, Japan.

Fluent languages (Underline your native):
Japanese, Mandarin and JSL
(OOCLY NOTE: Currently writing applications for languages Mandarin and JSL for Asa)

Criminal record:
I have a Not Guilty conviction from 2004. (OOC Note: This is lore, not a record in the Karakura Police Department)

What makes you a good candidate for this job?:
I have seen the legal ways of life ever since I was a little boy. I have studied hard, devoted my entire life to this job title and moved here, to Karakura, Japan, purely because of the high rate of criminal activity. These children need someone willing to be by their side, be unbiased on what they have done and give them a fair chance. I believe I am the best candidate for this job, for I have been in these people's shoes before. I stood at that stand, told my story. I sat in a jail cell. I was innocent. Everyone deserves a fair, unbiased trial with someone who will fight tooth and nail for them, and I will do that.​

Last edited:

NoZinth

Level 194
Administrator
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
REVIEWED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, unfortunately I've decided to DENY this application

Your application was great, unfortunately we decided that others stood out a little more to us. We greatly encourage you to re-apply when more spots become available!

Users who are viewing this thread