mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Auction House Suggestion

BonBons

Level 31
IGN: Sxtanic
DATE: Feb 23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
For people with paid ranks to have more slots in the auction house and post office. Depending on the rank you have in game, such as Fundraiser + would get 1 more slot / Omega would get 5 more slots... etc etc.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
This gives more perks for buying a server rank and it does not really affect gameplay or give an unfair advantage to RP as it is really just the auction house and would be beneficial to those who have ranks.

Just like /wardrobe where you receive more slots with a higher rank, but with auction house slots.

Angry

Level 31
GrrAngry
GrrAngry
Omega+
-1 because of what Zaldoria said :D

nice idea though! I do love the idea, however it's against the terms of service and whatnot

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I don't see how people think this is p2w. All this feature would do is reduce the amount of times a player would need to visit the auction house to restock, assuming their items get sold. If someone really wanted to, they would still be able to match a ranked player's profit by taking a trip to the auction house whenever their items are bought up.

It's not p2w, it's QoL- And I'm all for it.

Last edited:

DylanDeNewb

Level 34
Community Team
Developer
instrumentalityi
instrumentalityi
Fundraiser+
Theres not enough of a competitive/mechanical advantage for this to be considered p2w, and is adopted by plenty of other servers too.

Just think about it, more slots doesn't make you more likely to sell if you've got crap items on sale.

Joe.exe

Level 46
Joe_Kurumi
Joe_Kurumi
Rich+
I don't think it's pay to win.
I don't use the auction house, so I choose not to do a review.

BonBons

Level 31
I don't see how people think this is p2w. All this feature would do is reduce the amount of times a player would need to visit the auction house to restock, assuming their items get sold. If someone really wanted to, they would still be able to match a ranked player's profit by taking a trip to the auction house whenever their items are bought up.

It's not p2w, it's QoL- And I'm all for it.
I agree, I feel like people are just leaving "-1's" cuz they read the above comments saying "P2W" lol. But i think it really wouldnt hurt the server at all and would be rather beneficial.

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
I'd go with +1
Its not p2w.......even people without a rank can use the auction house and u can see stuff like that in other big servers as well, even if it existed:
1) It doesn't mean people will buy the stuff
2) People without a rank will be able still to put items there and add more in-case the items got bought

OYOL

Level 12
Everyone saying it isn't P2W, when it is. Buying a rank to have more slots in the AH is definitely an in-game advantage. Therefore, it's P2W

OYOL

Level 12
You don't win anything, it's a roleplay server
If you're being pedantic, having an extra slot in the auction house increases your chances of gaining more in-game currency. Therefore, you're paying to increase your chances of gaining more money

And it's not because it's 'just a roleplay server', the same case would be for any server

OYOL

Level 12
+1

It's like how people with ranks can have more wardrobe slots, it's not p2w
That doesn't give a roleplaying advantage. Having another auction slot does; look at my explanation above.

Now, technically, I don't think that it would be too much of an issue for it to fall under P2W, to the point it isn't allowed, but it is still paying to win something. That something being a higher chance of getting money, which advantages anyone with a rank

Last edited:

BonBons

Level 31
If you're being pedantic, having an extra slot in the auction house increases your chances of gaining more in-game currency. Therefore, you're paying to increase your chances of gaining more money

And it's not because it's 'just a roleplay server', the same case would be for any server
what about /feed then? Wouldn’t it be P2W since people r paying for an advantage with a perk? People who don’t have a rank lose more icly money to buy food constantly, so how would this idea be any different and not allowed?
Getting extra slots in the auction house isn’t going to make u “win” anything, it’s just a good perk and would make sense since it matches with the wardrobe idea where they get more slots.

Users who are viewing this thread