mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Auction House Suggestion

OYOL

Level 12
what about /feed then? Wouldn’t it be P2W since people r paying for an advantage with a perk? People who don’t have a rank lose more icly money to buy food constantly, so how would this idea be any different and not allowed?
Getting extra slots in the auction house isn’t going to make u “win” anything, it’s just a good perk and would make sense since it matches with the wardrobe idea where they get more slots.
It does help you gain more money, there is no argument about that. Look at my most recent message and it'll explain it fully. I'm referring to where I said, "I don't think that it would be too much of an issue for it to fall under P2W, to the point it isn't allowed, but it is still paying to win something."

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
That doesn't give a roleplaying advantage. Having another auction slot does; look at my explanation above.

Now, technically, I don't think that it would be too much of an issue for it to fall under P2W, to the point it isn't allowed, but it is still paying to win something. That something being a higher chance of getting money, which advantages anyone with a rank
you gain a massive roleplay advantage? you dont have to log in and out to change skins, plus with buying slots you dont gain an advantage, you're only gaining a faster way to sell. And as BonBons said, if you want to say its p2w because you gain an advantage, then isn't /feed p2w?

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
It does help you gain more money, there is no argument about that. Look at my most recent message and it'll explain it fully. I'm referring to where I said, "I don't think that it would be too much of an issue for it to fall under P2W, to the point it isn't allowed, but it is still paying to win something."
this also means that /feed is p2w, you pay to win not buying food

OhNoNate

Level 19
OhNoNate
OhNoNate
Omega
If you're being pedantic, having an extra slot in the auction house increases your chances of gaining more in-game currency. Therefore, you're paying to increase your chances of gaining more money

And it's not because it's 'just a roleplay server', the same case would be for any server

This doesn't make it p2w at all. If someone has an extra slot all it means is they might sell stuff quicker since they don't have to restock auction as much and wait for a slot to open up. If they dont have the extra slot they are still gonna sell all the exact same items they would sell with the extra slot it just might take longer. But in the end they are making the same exact amount of money in-game the only thing that might change is how soon they sold it. And even then they might not even sell an item they put up

OYOL

Level 12
This doesn't make it p2w at all. If someone has an extra slot all it means is they might sell stuff quicker since they don't have to restock auction as much and wait for a slot to open up. If they dont have the extra slot they are still gonna sell all the exact same items they would sell with the extra slot it just might take longer. But in the end they are making the same exact amount of money in-game the only thing that might change is how soon they sold it. And even then they might not even sell an item they put up
Exactly. They sell much much faster. It is paying to earn money faster and more efficiently. Read what I said above, I'm not even disagreeing with you, I'm simply catering for both sides of the argument to make it fair

OYOL

Level 12
this also means that /feed is p2w, you pay to win not buying food
i know. thats what i said. Technically /feed is paying to win that, but as I said, it isn't too big of an advantage tk the point it goes against EULA. Same goes for the AH slot, which is what I already said

OYOL

Level 12
Let me just make my point clear. I'm not arguing for either side, I am considering both to make it equal. As I have said multiple times, like /feed, it is not that big of an advantage to the point it goes against the EULA, and in comparison, the same goes for this auction house feature. On the other hand, it is technically paying to win. This is because you are paying for an efficient and more beneficial way of gaining in-game currency; as I said, that's the pedantic approach to this suggestion, and I am neutral on this suggestion because of this. I don't think there is any denying the fact that it gives advantage over those who decide not to pay for this feature

Lazeas

Level 47
Let me just make my point clear. I'm not arguing for either side, I am considering both to make it equal. As I have said multiple times, like /feed, it is not that big of an advantage to the point it goes against the EULA, and in comparison, the same goes for this auction house feature. On the other hand, it is technically paying to win. This is because you are paying for an efficient and more beneficial way of gaining in-game currency; as I said, that's the pedantic approach to this suggestion, and I am neutral on this suggestion because of this. I don't think there is any denying the fact that it gives advantage over those who decide not to pay for this feature
Disagreed, /feed saves you so much money and time it's crazy... You can't complain about this auction house feature being p2w when you have /feed, actually can't

OhNoNate

Level 19
OhNoNate
OhNoNate
Omega
Exactly. They sell much much faster. It is paying to earn money faster and more efficiently. Read what I said above, I'm not even disagreeing with you, I'm simply catering for both sides of the argument to make it fair
Okay, I have re-read everything you said once again in this thread and yes I see what your saying but I still don’t see how you really get an advantage.

the only difference this would make is possibly getting the money from your items quicker since you don’t have to restock as much as I said. But having an extra slot doesn’t earn you more money, everyone will still end up with the same amount earned. Some would just have to restock auction more and it might take a little longer. But your not earning any extra at all from having an extra slot. This is essentially the same as having an extra wardrobe slot where your just saving time from having to do something instead of having to wait a little longer. Just like you said “paying to earn money quicker” which could be true but it’s not earning you any extra money at the end of the day

OYOL

Level 12
Okay, I have re-read everything you said once again in this thread and yes I see what your saying but I still don’t see how you really get an advantage.

the only difference this would make is possibly getting the money from your items quicker since you don’t have to restock as much as I said. But having an extra slot doesn’t earn you more money, everyone will still end up with the same amount earned. Some would just have to restock auction more and it might take a little longer. But your not earning any extra at all from having an extra slot. This is essentially the same as having an extra wardrobe slot where your just saving time from having to do something instead of having to wait a little longer. Just like you said “paying to earn money quicker” which could be true but it’s not earning you any extra money at the end of the day
but I still don’t see how you really get an advantage.
You answered this yourself

OYOL

Level 12
"it is technically paying to win" no
explain how it isn't giving you an advantage then. If you are saying that earning money quicker and more efficiently by paying for a rank isn't an advantage, sadly, you are wrong

OhNoNate

Level 19
OhNoNate
OhNoNate
Omega
You answered this yourself
No my point was there is no advantage lol, you are not getting any extra money at all. That would be p2w. As I said all this does is make you get the same money you’d get even without the extra slot just quicker. Just like how the extra wardrobe slot lets you be able to change into more outfits quicker. It’s the same thing, you aren’t getting an advantage in anything that would effect the actuall part of playing the game. You don’t “win” anything that gives you an advantage over others. I’m starting to just think we have different opinions on what “p2w” is tbh

elelmon

Level 24
elelmon_S
elelmon_S
Rich+
These kinds of advantages are too small, it won't be too much of a deal in my opinion. Besides, people paid for the rank they should expect at least something in return.

OYOL

Level 12
No my point was there is no advantage lol, you are not getting any extra money at all. That would be p2w. As I said all this does is make you get the same money you’d get even without the extra slot just quicker. Just like how the extra wardrobe slot lets you be able to change into more outfits quicker. It’s the same thing, you aren’t getting an advantage in anything that would effect the actuall part of playing the game. You don’t “win” anything that gives you an advantage over others. I’m starting to just think we have different opinions on what “p2w” is tbh
I agree, I'm literally neutral on this. It's just an argument could be made saying that earning money quicker by paying is paying to get a role-play changing advantage. But like /feed, it isn't drastic enough to go against EULA, which I agree with

OYOL

Level 12
These kinds of advantages are too small, it won't be too much of a deal in my opinion. Besides, people paid for the rank they should expect at least something in return.
That's what I'm saying, I agree completely

BonBons

Level 31
If you’re saying “like /feed, it is not that big of an advantage to the point it goes against the EULA”, then this suggestion isn’t either. /feed makes u save SO much money, as Lazeus said. if u don’t pay for /Feed then u lose money. In this case /feed seems worse in my opinion. And Like Nate said, You’re going to get the same amount of money either way, you’re going to sell those same items whether or not it’s now or later. It really isn’t a P2W situation. So if /feed isn’t a problem then this should be no issue.

OYOL

Level 12
If you’re saying “like /feed, it is not that big of an advantage to the point it goes against the EULA”, then this suggestion isn’t either. /feed makes u save SO much money, as Lazeus said. if u don’t pay for /Feed then u lose money. In this case /feed seems worse in my opinion. And Like Nate said, You’re going to get the same amount of money either way, you’re going to sell those same items whether or not it’s now or later. It really isn’t a P2W situation. So if /feed isn’t a problem then this should be no issue.
you are not reading what i'm saying properly at all, I quite clearly stated that this auction house suggestion is the same as what i said about /feed

BonBons

Level 31
you are not reading what i'm saying properly at all, I quite clearly stated that this auction house suggestion is the same as what i said about /feed
I read what you said. This suggestion should be alright if /feed is accepted. You’re against /feed too, however it’s accepted on the server, so to the server this isn’t an issue to add either.

Users who are viewing this thread