players online

BabyDingo - Major Arts Professor Application

sprkid2002

Level 4
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft Username?:

BabyDingo

Do you have any previous bans?:
No, I have never been banned and I do not intend to receive a ban in the future.

What is your timezone?:
Australian Eastern Daylight

What is your discord username and discriminator
My Discord is Dingo#6370

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes I understand and acknowledge that if I am inactive throughout any period of time, I will be demoted.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
I try to remain as active as possible, entering the server for at least 2-6 hours per day. As for the forums, I have a thorough look at them every couple of days to keep up to date with all information regarding SchoolRp.

How long have you played SchoolRP for?:
I have been playing SchoolRP since October 13th, 2019, so approximately 3 years.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

Current Role/Degree/Grade on SchoolRP?:
My current role on SchoolRP is as an Adult tag.

What role are you applying for?
I am applying for the role as a Major Arts professor.

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:

My motivation for applying as a Professor is to help lead and educate the young minds in Karakura to prepare them for their journey outside of the school and into the career world. I want to help them as much as my ability will allow and to help show them different paths they can take. Being a professor means that you dedicate your time and efforts to help lead the students until the time of their exams. Students are the future of Karakura and I believe it is important that we as teachers allow them the opportunity to learn new and exciting things that they can bring outside of the classroom, and introduce into the world and into the workplace. Being able to teach students is a privilege that we as Teachers and Professors should have a great pride in. While in school grounds, Teachers and Professors have the responsibility of duty and care over the students, ensuring that all is safe, without distractions to their learning or harm to their health. I strongly believe what the students learn in SchoolRP is what they will take outside of SchoolRP and into the real world, it is important for students who may not have the chance to experience or learn these things have the chance to. I have had many experiences in teaching the young high school students, but I believe I can provide so much more to the older students of the school and share my knowledge and wisdom to them as a Major Arts professor.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
Classroom logs are extremely vital to the educational system as they ensure that you’re keeping up to date with your classes and give the higher ups an understanding of what you’re teaching inside the classroom. This also ensures that you’re remaining active on the server and keeping up with your duties as a Professor and educator of the school. It is important when providing evidence of your lesson that you include a picture of the students in the classroom, the date as well as the time of your class. If you fail to reach the minimum classes that you’re required to host, you’re at risk of losing your position as an educator and will result in demotion.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
  • No students of younger grades are allowed in the classroom at all times.​
  • Students and teachers are to remain respectful to others with no inappropriate language or behaviour.​
  • Cursing, inappropriate language or discrimination of any kind is forbidden.​
  • Be kind to one another and allow everyone the chance to get involved.​
  • Acting in a professional manner at all times.​
  • Not allowing special treatment to any of the students (Treating them all equally)​
  • Not allowing students to go into staff designated areas or off limit areas.​
  • When preparing classes, ensure that the information being taught is relevant and correct.​
  • Not participating in illegal activities or allowing activities to occur.​
  • Not being carried by other students on school grounds.​
  • Reporting any activity of rule breaking or suspicious behaviour.​
  • Ensuring that class logs are kept up to date.​
  • Following the 3 warning rule.​
  • Students as well as teachers are to remain professional and mature at all times.​
  • Keeping up with correct vocabulary.​

Summarise your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
My previous role play experiences include being a high school educator, I have applied three times to be an educator and succeeded twice. My first experience was as an Art teacher which I was for 4 months before taking a break, my second experience being a drama teacher where I was in the role for about 3 months. In my earlier years in SchoolRP I was a College student before applying to be a teacher and enjoyed roleplaying little scenarios, I played the role as a college student for about half a year. Ever since then I have been enjoying my SchoolRP life as an Adult but decided I had needed a change and to spice up my SchoolRP life, hoping to once again educate the young minds at Karakura. During my time at SchoolRP I have made many new friends, family and acquaintances and hope to make more in the future.

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?
College professors are to complete a minimum of 15 classes per month to receive the salary of 450, 000 yen. When trying to aim for more, professors are allowed to complete the maximum of 25 classes to receive 500, 000 yen. To receive the payment salary, professors must document proof of their classes in the designated discord that is assigned.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?
Kevin Malcolm is a stern American male with a scruffy appearance, he’d have messy unkempt hair and a stubble beard. He’d always present himself in a black silk suit with a plain sort of appearance. The bags under his eyes couldn’t go unnoticed but he didn’t stand out in a crowd. What makes Kevin different is his moody but caring personality, although he may not show it he cares about others and is a dedicated worker, he doesn’t seem like one to get work done but he never misses a deadline. He is very sociable and easy to get along with, not much of a smiler but he will always greet you. Kevin strongly believes that the students are the future of Karakura and takes their education very seriously, he will not stop a student from their opportunity to learn and finds enjoyment in guiding students.

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?
I would approach the group with a calm expression, I would firstly ask the students to quiet down. If in the scenario they do, I would ask what the situation is and come up with solutions to solve it. In the scenario that they don’t, I would give them a warning, if they continue to act in such a manner and refuse to comply, I would use the radio to call down other staff members to help assist the situation. I would issue all members involved a detention. Later I would inform higher authority of the situation that had occurred.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?
The first time they would interrupt, I would give them a warning and ask for them to settle down. If in the scenario I'm in the middle of teaching or going through an explanation and they still chose to interrupt I would ask them to step outside, I would finish what I was saying then I’d make my way outside to discuss the student's behaviour. I’d warn them that such behaviour in the classroom is unacceptable and as a college student they're to act more mature as a member of Karakura College and warn them of the consequences that they would face if they continued. After multiple warnings and attempts to stop them, I would contact people of higher authority and explain to them the situation.

Provide at least 3 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
The male would stroll over to his desk, picking up a half used chalk making his way over to the chalkboard. Raising his arm, he began scraping on the board “Vanis paintings in the 17th Century Netherlands”

/me He’d gently pick up the paint brush, making round movements on the canvas, swirling it around to create rings entwining into each other.

/me He’d stroll his way over around the room, sliding a paper onto each on the students desks with a stern expression.

Backstory

Kevin was raised in California, America by his father in the suburbs up to the age of 14 where the sudden death of his father left Kevin alone in America. Since he had no family in America he was forced to move to Japan to live with his mother who had dealt in illegal activities. During that time Kevin was influenced to join many gangs and ended having an unwedded pregnancy in England but after the loss of his best friend due to gang activities at the age of 17, he dedicated his life into helping young people. Kevin then went to university and got a bachelor of designs degree, aiming to become an architect, but after a lot of consideration, he believed that wasn’t the path he truly wanted to take. Kevin taught in a high school for two years before quitting. After reading a news article about college professors and the impact they had on the future of Japan, Kevin knew that was what he had wanted to do.

In-Character Information

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name:
Kevin Rodrick. Malcolm

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.

Given Name(s): Kevin

Preferred Name: Kevin

Religious Denomination: N/A

Marital Status: Single

Nationality: English

Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):
2 years of teaching experience

Working Experience (# of years):
6 years of working experience

Academic Degree:
Art, English

Year of Graduation:

Native Languages:
English

Other Languages:
JSL and German

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
TESOL certificate

Preferred Teaching Subject:
Major Arts​

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Accepted
Welcome to the professor faction, the roles in-game & in discord will be given out shortly, more information about what's next will be provided in the #college-staff-chat channel. If you're not in the KA discord yet, join it via this link: https://discord.gg/mNv8RUsU@D

Users who are viewing this thread