mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Ban GangRP

Mark 9:42

Level 19
IGN: PhayZr
DATE: 3/17/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Ban GangRP completely from the server. Edit: See replies for other possible alternatives. This isn't an all-or-nothing request.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: Why do we have Yakuza's, mafia, and crime families as if this is the prohibition in 1920's Chicago? Lol

I'm sure the Event team can be more creative than having the majority of major server events be Gangs vs Police like it has been for the past two years. Also, what kind of server censors swears but allows the stabbing of cartilage in the throat on the streets? This server needs to decide if it's friendly to children or not.

The majority of FailRP, at least from my experience from playing this server for a few years now, comes from Perm debates and GangRP. Removing GangRP would allow more time for staff to make school much more interesting since, you know, school is the FOCUS of the server itself. This isn't a CityRP server so it shouldn't be close to resembling one. Let's pour all our efforts into making the school itself the most engaging and entertaining part of the server.

I'm mostly expecting this to be denied. But I also really hope these points are actually considered. A server with the majority of players being minors shouldn't be home to such violent and disturbing roleplay.

If you want an alternate idea: Make another sub-server, like FantasyRP, that's whitelisted for those gangRPers to play on. (Whitelist being conditioned on their age.) Perhaps even call it "CityRP" and make it a large-scale project for those wanting to pursue government roles and other real-life jobs they can roleplay. I think making a whitelisted city-type server, like Chicago or Detroit, would really be cool. It would give Gang players, Police players, and government players a massive sandbox to form whatever systems they want. This is just an idea right off the top of my head though.

I'm interested to hear everyone's genuine thoughts on GangRP as a whole below.

Edit: There have been great discussions happening in the replies here. Please take time to read all of them! Upon review, I implore the staff to review these replies and discussions thoroughly and consider possible solutions from ALL of the replies. The consensus from most parties seems to be that there is a problem that needs resolving.

Last edited:

Hamburger

Level 187
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
I also do not like GangRP, but it kinda removes realism from the server. Even though it may be called "SCHOOLRP", it can also be based on city life. That's why we have other roles to this day. I think removing GangRP can remove some of the point when it comes to realism and general life, so -1.

Level 19
I also do not like GangRP, but it kinda removes realism from the server. Even though it may be called "SCHOOLRP", it can also be based on city life. That's why we have other roles to this day. I think removing GangRP can remove some of the point when it comes to realism and general life, so -1.
We can expand our definitions of "Real life". It's not realistic to witness murders every day on the streets. There's so much more potential that could be discovered. Let it be known I'm not against minor crime, but come on, there's so much more to life than Yakuzas. If they were removed, the server wouldn't become "Unrealistic". Especially a server called "SchoolRP".

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

This simply won't happen, this suggestion has been denied 100 times throughout many years. This may be called 'SchoolRP' but school is hardly the only thing to Karakura at this point. With this logic, the Government and Emergency factions should be removed. Remember, GangRP itself isn't bad, many of the players who engage in it without careful consideration are.

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
+1
Literally all of his points are valid. GangRP may give lore to the server, but it shouldn't revolve around it. Certain events that include crime, violence, or gangs should definitely stay a part of the server, but I've noticed myself that half the server literally just GangRPs and is less and less of SchoolRP.

Try and flame this post, or PhayZr's all you want, but all his points are true.

Hamburger

Level 187
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
+1
Literally all of his points are valid. GangRP may give lore to the server, but it shouldn't revolve around it. Certain events that include crime, violence, or gangs should definitely stay a part of the server, but I've noticed myself that half the server literally just GangRPs and is less and less of SchoolRP.

Your points are very true, but this will 99.9% not get accepted.

shishi

Level 71
B0JANGLZ
B0JANGLZ
Omega+
+1

Okay, so the main point you all are missing is that its the players who are making gangrp bad. Nothing about the lore or anything is making it remotely bad. If you see someone being toxic, failrping, or anything, report it. You cannot possibly expect a big portion of SRP to be removed. that would rid tones of factions useless.

callumㅤ

Level 50
Sentonium
Sentonium
Omega
where do you think half of srp's community will go? walmart? almost all of srp's community is gangrpers, i think they chose that roleplay for a reason

atkoi

Level 27
"I'm just here to watch the world burn" -PhayZr, mentioning the idea of removing the one main function keeping SRP's community alive

Level 19
where do you think half of srp's community will go? walmart? almost all of srp's community is gangrpers, i think they chose that roleplay for a reason
"If you want an alternate idea: Make another sub-server, like FantasyRP, that's whitelisted for those gangRPers to play on. (Whitelist being conditioned on their age.) Perhaps even call it "CityRP" and make it a large-scale project for those wanting to pursue government roles and other real-life jobs they can roleplay. I think making a whitelisted city-type server, like Chicago or Detroit, would really be cool. It would give Gang players, Police players, and government players a massive sandbox to form whatever systems they want. This is just an idea right off the top of my head though."

Okay, so the main point you all are missing is that its the players who are making gangrp bad. Nothing about the lore or anything is making it remotely bad. If you see someone being toxic, failrping, or anything, report it. You cannot possibly expect a big portion of SRP to be removed. that would rid tones of factions useless.
"The majority of FailRP, at least from my experience from playing this server for a few years now, comes from Perm debates and GangRP. Removing GangRP would allow more time for staff to make school much more interesting since, you know, school is the FOCUS of the server itself. This isn't a CityRP server so it shouldn't be close to resembling one."
If the players are so terrible, then at the very least there should be a whitelist system in place. In almost every GangRP scenario I've witnessed, the staff is always around in LOOC resolving a "Perms debate". Regardless this roleplay shouldn't be present on a server with minors anyway. Hence my earlier point: "what kind of server censors swears but allows the stabbing of cartilage in the throat on the streets? This server needs to decide if it's friendly to children or not."

This community doesn't really like to problem solve. Instead, everyone wants to have staff handle everything when the systems could be changed to prevent such occurrences anyway. I can name other issues besides gangRP where this concept of "Just report it to staff" rather than actually problem-solving plagues this server.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
"If you want an alternate idea: Make another sub-server, like FantasyRP, that's whitelisted for those gangRPers to play on. (Whitelist being conditioned on their age.) Perhaps even call it "CityRP" and make it a large-scale project for those wanting to pursue government roles and other real-life jobs they can roleplay. I think making a whitelisted city-type server, like Chicago or Detroit, would really be cool. It would give Gang players, Police players, and government players a massive sandbox to form whatever systems they want. This is just an idea right off the top of my head though."
People would lose out on 100s of dollars worth of customs, ranks, etc. Would cause WAY more issues than its worth. Not only that, it'd severely take population from SchoolRP and it'd have ultimately low numbers.

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
Heyy! What did Chicago do to you? Anyways, this is most likely gonna be denied and I don't really got an opinion on it

Level 19
People would lose out on 100s of dollars worth of customs, ranks, etc. Would cause WAY more issues than its worth. Not only that, it'd severely take population from SchoolRP and it'd have ultimately low number
Move/Copy the customs. I'm sure that's not something that's hard to do. Ranks are already universal across all RpHub servers.

On your last point, I disagree. I try to roleplay exclusively with those not interested in participating in Yakuzas IC'ly. From what I've observed over the past few years is that the Non-GangRPers are the majority. I don't believe my suggestion would reduce the population of SchoolRP to a number so small that it would be inconvenient to play the game.

Unless you can list other "Way more issues" than that, then your point doesn't hold much weight to me.

EDIT: I appreciate your thoughts though, Kana.

Last edited:

saltyh03_

Level 5
saltyh03_
saltyh03_
Rich

Coming from a debate student, your argument isn't really strong enough for any change to be made.

#1, you didn't prove any harm in gangrp other than failrp. Failrp is going to happen with or without it and it's not like staff spends all of their time solving perm arguments. For example, the gender-neutral bathrooms came out recently so clearly they are working on various things and aren't focused only on gangrp.
#2, taking it away is just going to make the server so inactive because nearly every player has been a part of it at some point. and transferring them to a different part of the server as you suggested would be annoying and difficult to basically start all over on a new map. This would also mean staff has to spend more time transferring items and making an entire new map and part of the server, which adds to #1 that your plan will make their free time go down
#3, you're talking about changing a massive part of the server (which you stated yourself) just because you specifically don't like it. I'm going out on a limb here, but I think the majority likes it more than dislikes.
#4, you didn't give any positives that would come from this other than staff having free time. But again, they obviously don't deal with failrp 24/7. Not to mention enriching the school is kind of pointless, combining before/after school and weekends, you spend more time out of school than in school, so filling that free time with gangrp is totally fine and changing the school isn't needed.
#5, while the amount of gangrp is seen as unrealistic, it's also unrealistic to completely eliminate it. This change would be highly unnecessary and detrimental.

I'm not trying to flame you or anything I'm just stating that your argument isn't really there.

Users who are viewing this thread