BEGINNER ROUTE AND FURTHER GUIDANCE.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
Chapter 1
A good beginners route for new players.
[PS - THIS GUIDE IS NOT SUPPOSED TO LOOK PRETTY, IT IS TO READ AND UTILISE AS YOU SEE FIT AND NOTHING MORE]
1. Visual Presentation
You can use any website to find a good skin however, a lot of players frown upon those who do not use the “SchoolRP skin style” which is essentially a art style created by srp player @ItzLightningBoi, who began to design skins in his own, developing shading techniques, before long everyone on SRP began to convert, however I recommend that skins come second over roleplay as, they are really only for aesthetic purposes.

If you want to learn how to shade in the SRP style, I would recommend using the ASSETS already available publicly:
https://discord.gg/VBdrHmu
2 Read The Rules
Once those preparations of skins are made, its important that players read up on the rules, its important to anyone who wants to RP that they are aware of the rules. [CLICK ME FOR THE LINK]
3. Creating your character.
This guide, however fulfilling it may be for you; a new player; I do not believe I could sum up my points as well as these(s) guide do.
https://bit.ly/2AqWsmw [CREDIT @Ryanark, @Birbii]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/guide-a-guide-to-characters-roleplay.21095/ [CREDIT @ulkuva]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/guide-how-to-actually-roleplay.7099/ [CREDIT @O'kejden.]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/guide-creating-good-characters.7108/ [CREDIT @Mister Zero]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/guide-how-to-roleplay-as-an-animal-correctly.23883/ [CREDIT @Xangaji]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/antagonism-101.25418/ [CREDIT @Hobbits]

4 Begin to save up yen
Players are rewarded money via playtime, every hour contributes time, with each grade getting paid more, as you’ll spend the majority of your time on the server as a Grade-12 i’ll explain it using those measurements.
G12’s make 1000 yen/1 hour, so 24 hours would equal 24k. The currency in SRP is very high and it’ll come down to most players saving yen in which, I heavily suggest you do, however for very little you should buy these rp prop items

• School Bag
  • School Supplies (Pen, Pencil, Book, etc)
  • As much Marshmallow snacks as you can humanly fit in your inventory
  • Casual items (An Umbrella, Sunglasses, Normal glasses)
  • Pills (Medicine etc)
  • A Mask, (preferably ones which cover the entire face)
    These items can be used in character and help to represent your character better.
5. Codewords/Slang SchoolRP users use:
RP - Stands for Roleplay
IC - Stands for In Character
LOOC - Stands for Local Out Of Character
OOC - Stands for Out Of Character
NameMC skins - A more quality skin, often meaning the ones on Trending
Cig - Slang for Cigarettes

Skindex skins - Low-quality skins or skins that otherwise don't fit with the aesthetic of SRP, say something like this,

Low-Quality/OTHER:

High Quality:

[PS - NOT ALL PLAYERS CARE WHAT YOUR SKIN IS, THAT SHOULDN'T BE A REASON TO BE AFRAID TO ROLEPLAY, I FOR ONE DO NOT CARE AND THERE ARE PLENTY OF PLAYERS WHO SHARE THAT SAME OPINION]

6. Making a Forums Account:
  1. Press the button the top right at the corner.
  2. It should appear with this!:
  1. Now just type in your existing Email and a password you know by heart
YOU SHOULD TOTALLY FOLLOW ME NOW

Chapter 2
Finding your way around the Forums.

Information:
Announcements: Pretty self-explanatory, It includes the following.
  • Has a link to a thread showing you a guide to how to link your MC Account to the Forums.
  • A short 5: 36-minute video going over the old days of the server, This is the Link
  • Another short Year 3 Anniversary video, This is the Link
  • Record Threads (235 and 300)
Rules & Information: Again, Self Explanatory although a lot more important then Announcements
Discussions:
General: Somewhat Self Explanatory, a place where you post SchoolRP related question or statements
  • An example is, threads made to say goodbye to the server from those players who leave, "Goodbye Threads" is often the common-term label for them.
  • Another one is New Years Threads
Introduction: A place for new players and old players alike to Introduce themselves to people who do not know them personally:
Technical Support: Used to ask for help, you may need that one A LOT
Offical Threads include:
Server Discussion:
School Roleplay
- Anything SchoolRP related!
Chapter 3
Applying for a Rank.
This; however one of the more boring and time consuming things you'll ever do on SRP often yields the most rewards, learning how to do an application will be very useful in SRP; Honestly, when I finally figured out how to applications, it made the whole process so much more easier, I recommend you do, once you've gotten the grand scheme of things sorted out; that you try out another rank that isn't Grade-12.
What can you apply for?
Now go forth and Conquer!
Chapter 4
Making a Biography
So! You've finally noticed the Biography Section and want to try it out! Perfect, if you want a biography format, I personally recommend @Gamma Rose’s format (which I partly helped make.) as it is simple whilst looking great.

https://schoolrp.net/threads/gamma-roses-biography-format.30722/#post-98508

Chapter 5.1
Writing a ban request.
Here is the Link to where you make a Ban Request Thread
  1. Click the button labelled FORMAT [!] Ban Request Format
  2. Copy and paste the Format
  3. Go Back to the 'Ban Requests' Section
  4. Click on Rules BAN REQUEST RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING
  5. Read through it
  6. Once you are confident that you know and understand each of the 3 Rules Go back to the 'Ban Requests' Section
  7. Press the Button Labelled "POST NEW THREAD" down at the bottom right
  8. Fill it out honestly and to the best of your abilities, making sure to add in evidence where due.
DO NOT FALSE REPORT OTHER PLAYERS
Chapter 5.2
Writing a ban appeal.
  1. Click the button labelled FORMAT Ban Appeal Format
  2. Copy and paste the Format
  3. Go Back to the 'Ban Appeals' Section
  4. Click on Rules Ban Appeal Rules
  5. Read through it
  6. Once you are confident that you know and understand each of the 5 Rules go back to the 'Ban Appeals' Section
  7. Press the Button Labelled "POST NEW THREAD" down at the bottom right
  8. Fill it out honestly and to the best of your abilities
GOOD LUCK WITH GETTING UNBANNED.
Chapter 6
Resourcepack configuration

SUMS IT UP BETTER THEN I CAN:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/guide-resource-pack-errors.17940/ [CREDIT @Aether117]

Chapter 7
Housing situations, apartments and houses.

PROLOGUE
STUFF TO REMEMBER

• If you build anything inappropriate (Swatikas or stuff like that) it will be removed
  • You may not add attachments to your house (Like a second house in the backyard)
  • Anything unrealistic will be world edited away.
  • Renting is the process of paying money on a apartment that was otherwise UNOWNED, You'd be paying (40k-200k a month) If you decide to click the sign multiple times (Providing you have the funds to pay for such, the apartment will add on more days, paying early.)

STEPS
1. Find your APA, they are located in the bottom left side of the map going up into the middle left of the map.
2. Look for an APARTMENT with a sign similar to this,
EMPHASIS ON THE WORD UNOWNED

COULDN'T FIND A UNOWNED APARTMENT TO BASE THIS GUIDE OFF OF, SO THE EXAMPLES ARE OFF OF PREVIOUSLY REMOVED LOCATIONS ON THE MAP.

3. Click on that sign
It should show up with one of two responses.

RESPONSE 1:

COULDN'T FIND A UNOWNED APARTMENT TO BASE THIS GUIDE OFF OF, SO THE EXAMPLES ARE OFF OF PREVIOUSLY REMOVED LOCATIONS ON THE MAP.
[IF IT STAYS THE SAME IT MEANS YOU DO NOT HAVE SUFFICANT FUNDS TO BUY SAID PROPERTY]

RESPONSE 2:

Congratulations! You now rent a property! Your username should show up in the second line of text, In this example; the username is "SchoolRP".

NOTE: THIS SCREENSHOT WAS TAKEN AT 15 DAYS AND 13 HOURS LEFT, YOU START OFF WITH 30 DAYS ONCE YOU BUY YOUR PROPERTY.

APARTMENT COMMANDS:

Do /apartment to see this command, it is a LIST of all /apartment commands

COMMANDS OVERVIEW:

/APARTMENT ADD
This command allows you to add people to your apartment, this means they can open ANY and ALL chests, doors, trapdoors or other items that can open, this DOES NOT mean they can ADD RENT or do /APARTMENT EDITMODE. All it means is that they can have 'keys' to your apartment/house

/APARTMENT MEMBERS

This command allows you to see all the people you have ADDED to your apartment/house via /apartment add.

/APARTMENT REMOVE

This command allows you to remove people you have ADDED to your apartment/house via /apartment add.

/APARTMENT AUTOEXTEND

This command makes it so it AUTOMATICALLY takes YEN from your /bal every month instead of you having to physically go and click on the sign every 30 days.

/APARTMENT REVERSE

This command allows you to RESET all BLOCKS PLACED in your apartment/house, this can NOT be reversed so be warned when you do this command.

/APARTMENT EDITMODE

This command allows you add and style your apartments with blocks and items from /apartment shop.
NOTE: ONLY BUILD REALISTICALLY

/APARTMENT SHOP

This command allows you to get blocks like WOOD or CARPET from a inventory screen.

W.I.P
EACH CHAPTER IS GOING TO EXPANDED UPON FURTHER AS TIME GOES ON, I WAS UNHAPPY WHEN REVIEWING THE ORIGINAL GUIDE DUE TO ITS BLATANT INFORMALITY AS WELL AS HOW LONG IT TAKES TO GET INTO INFORMATION, THIS GUIDE HAS BEEN COMPACTED GREATLY TO AVOID THAT ISSUE, IN THE PREVIOUS VERSION THAT I MADE NEARLY TWO YEARS AGO.

If theres anything you think I should add, make a conversation with me on the forums or reply to this thread.

Last edited:

KonekoKuro

Level 0
Where can you find the marshmallow snacks mentioned? And the other items? I found the school bag and supplies at the family store but the other things are proving hard to find. Thanks in advance!

tobbby

Level 275
mrbug_
mrbug_
Rich
Where can you find the marshmallow snacks mentioned? And the other items? I found the school bag and supplies at the family store but the other things are proving hard to find. Thanks in advance!
These are in the pink vending machines around the map! There is one in the plaza, family store, some of the apartment block entrances, hospital, and in the school reception area.

cho0ii

Level 169
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
Glad people are doing this stuff for the newer players, it makes their lives and our lives so much easier. Thx for making this totoro_sam

Ruin

Level 97
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
links dont work lol

F1F4

Level 7
F1F4
F1F4
Notable+
How nice of you Toto! Newer players will see this and will appreciate this, nicely done

rieums

Level 42
rieums
rieums
Omega
Very good introduction for new players because as long-term players, we can find all of this stuff to be simple. But for newer players, the server can be quite complex.

Users who are viewing this thread