Discord Tag:
therainbowlemon

Do you have a working microphone?:
YES

Timezone & Country:
+5:30GMT

Links to any current & past applications (Spoiler them):

Describe your activity on the server:
I play about 2 hours on weekdays, and 3 - 4 hours on weekends. I try to keep a nice balance between private time, play time and work time these days.

The main characters I play are -

Zayven Hartono - Professor QP - (Previously Andy C Arya)
Mako Akage - Music Enthusiast - 12th Grader - Ex-Basketball Co-Captain.
Angel Yamashita - 12th Grader
Katrina Douglas - 12th Grader (I haven't played her in a long time)
Erza Delarosa Scarlet - College Bachelors - Officially Deceased.

APPLICATION INFORMATION

What position are you applying for?:

Lawyer

What is your motivation for applying?:
I have been trying for a long time to get into a faction outside of academics. My roleplay is rather limited to that of the role of a professor. Two characters fit in with the profile of a lawyer I had, one was Valor Andreas, and the second was Erza Delarosa Scarlet. The previous wave I had applied as Erza, however I did not get selected. I would like to join the government faction to improve my RP capabilities and gain more reputation in the community. I am a pretty active user, and I do enjoy building lore and plotlines. I am hoping this would be the opportunity to do so.

Do you have an understanding of Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights?:
I do

Are there any goals for you or your character with this role?:
Yes, I want Valor to be an easy go-to lawyer, who is always available for a case. He is stylish and wants to grow within the faction, I want to see where the RP would take him.

In your own words, describe what the position you’re applying for does within the government:
There are a few basic things that a lawyer does in the government that everyone is privy to: attending various client meetings, going on attorney calls, attending trials, and filing restraining orders(I've been on both sides for this). They are also responsible for front desk work, which could include making a new ID for someone, marriage registrations, legal adoptions, or even funeral proceedings for gravestones. such as but from personal observation, I think the role goes beyond your basic understanding of what roleplaying should look like.

My favourite part about lawyers is giving legal advice in Karakura, I personally feel there are a lot of things that are grey about this role, and it's important to note that they are in no place of judgment of what is right or wrong, rather its mostly about how best they can help their client, a client for all intents and purposes who may be guilty, so the struggle always lies between your morality and the ability to deliver services to the client without letting judgement cloud your views. So one part which I would say about lawyers is, they need to be professional.

Do you acknowledge that upon being accepted you can be subject to removal at any given time?:
Yes

Do you understand that you’re expected to be dedicated to your position upon being accepted?:
Yes

Are you aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment?:
YES

Have you read & agreed to follow the Government Faction rules?:
YES

Are you able to attend weekly meetings & events?:
Yes!

IN CHARACTER SECTION
Valor Andreas (1).png

*He would enter the room in a surprisingly sharp business suit, the air around him was confident as he walked up to the desk of the attorney general. He smiled politely as he nodded towards the interviewer in acknowledgement and a certain respect. Before the interviewer said anything he put his hands in his pocket and pulled out a simple looking business card and handed it to the interviewer seating himself after he was asked too.*

Full name:
My official name is Valor Andreas, but call me Val.
*he'd point at the business card*

Preferred title (Mr., Mrs., etc.):
Mr.

Current age:
I am like 27, but I KNOW I look 25
*he'd say with a confident smile*

Date of birth:
7th October, you know the year.. because you asked my age.. I don't like admitting I'm a millennial!

My pronouns are he/him, and I think I am a guy, but I may change my mind who knows?

Academic Degree:
I took my bar exam after studying law in South Korea, you may wonder how it was there. Don't ask.

Major(s):
I majored in Criminal Justice, Political Science, Criminal Psychology, and Mass communication. I mean.. communication has never been an issue though. *Smirk*

Minor(s):
Social Psychology and Philosophy, to observe and judge people, while sounding wise about it. I'm kidding I'm kidding, I usually let the judge do the judging!
*he'd raise his hands in mock surrender with a hint of playfulness and boyish charm*

Work experience:
I had the chance and luck to get through an internship for 2 years at the High Court of Korea, in Seoul. It was honestly a pleasure working with the judges as well as lawyers on certain high-profile cases that I am not allowed to disclose.
*he'd laugh lightly as he continued speaking in an easy tone*
It was an interesting experience, as with all internships I started off by running coffee for the lawyers and judges, and eventually, I was given a chance to view my first document. By month two, they started giving me research work to do as well, and yes for sure they double-checked it, but by month 6 I was one of the more reliable interns.
*he had a prideful tone as he spoke, his eyes shone brightly as he continued in excitement.*
Eventually, I was a key member in courtroom support, interviewing witnesses as well as documenting case findings. I hope it's not arrogant to say by the end of 2 years they wanted me to join them permanently. But home is Karakura, so here I am back. To the only place that felt like home.

Nationality & born location:
As you can see, I am.. Spanish descent, however, I was born in South Korea.
*he seemed to finally show his Korean accent as he spoke, with a hint of Russian*

Fluent languages (Underline your native):
I do fluently speak Korean, however as a child, I traveled a lot to Russia, and picked up a bit of the Slavic language there. I also learned JSL for better accessibility and to work in Japan, I needed to know the local language.

Criminal record:
I am not a criminal. There is nothing more to it.
*his expression was tight-lipped with a hint of amusement in his eyes which shone through*

What makes you a good candidate for this job?

My charm.
I know it sounds very very stereotypical but let me tell you, all lawyer tv shows are based on some form of reality. The reality being all lawyers are charming, case in point our lovely attorney general, the pinnacle of what charm looks like, but I do try to match it.

I am by all definitions neutral
I can protect an innocent civilian as well as I can protect a guilty one. I strongly believe in innocent until proven guilty, and guilty only in the eyes of the law. I honestly don't care about them as people to get attached, which makes me excellent at building my case.

I have no moral code.
Look, I know this on paper sounds bad, but it also means I am not afraid to ask difficult questions in the interest of my clients. I want to build a reputation as a big lawyer, and that means doing whatever it takes to win my cases.

I have seen what Karakura does
I have no family in Karakura, yet I have had the luck of seeing things happen from the shadows. I have helped my friends file restraining orders as a child, consistently working on gathering evidence. I have seen the criminals of Karakura, and I have seen the good people as well. I am used to this place, and I know how to deal with people here.

I am easy to talk to
I know I come across as an arrogant person, but my confidence also comes with a hint of approachability. I don't instill fear in people, I manipulate them into thinking I am their best friend. Different? yes. Brutally honest? yes. Effective? HELL YES.

I have degrees and things
So I am pointing out the obvious, I wanted to either be a reporter or a lawyer, because I enjoy investigation and building cases. It is my nature, and it is supported by my majors and minors I have studied.

Look, I am smart, hot, very hot, and I know what I am doing. Ofcourse there is a learning curve to new lawyers in any town, but I can pick that up so quickly! Hire me and watch me be the most effective and fun government person.

*He would stand up and bow towards the interviewer before smiling confidentally and walking out*

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread