players online

Bring back Kill Permissions *NOT CLICKBAIT*

Valentine_Lols

Level 87
Valentine_Lols
Valentine_Lols
Rich+
Neutral

Honestly, neutral this in general though I feel like if KPS rule that is not consenting does come back, you will have to have a lot of setbacks because people would honestly KPS your characters for no reason or newly turned red greenies that just doesn't know the rules as well and they take advantage of it. This is was an issue in the past where people would kill other characters who know really a reason if they don't know the rules, example of this was my friends who was role playing it didn't know the rules well with the permission side, he ballistic well in school grounds and head-butted someone. Usually this would be for a majors and it usually would bring minors within a SafeZone. I think at the time but the other player took advantage of him not knowing such rules and KPS them. Well in general I don't know how I feel about this cuz this hasn't really have any effect on me as I'm a person doesn't really gangrp like that but otherwise, I feel like KPS in general would have to be edited or whatever along with other permissions that people may toss around in this case major permissions. I feel as if major permissions also should be edited because people are tossing around like it's candy, mainly doing the sake of major permissions just for the activity of their gang and not for the roleplay experience.

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Neutral

Honestly, neutral this in general though I feel like if KPS rule that is not consenting does come back, you will have to have a lot of setbacks because people would honestly KPS your characters for no reason or newly turned red greenies that just doesn't know the rules as well and they take advantage of it. This is was an issue in the past where people would kill other characters who know really a reason if they don't know the rules, example of this was my friends who was role playing it didn't know the rules well with the permission side, he ballistic well in school grounds and head-butted someone. Usually this would be for a majors and it usually would bring minors within a SafeZone. I think at the time but the other player took advantage of him not knowing such rules and KPS them. Well in general I don't know how I feel about this cuz this hasn't really have any effect on me as I'm a person doesn't really gangrp like that but otherwise, I feel like KPS in general would have to be edited or whatever along with other permissions that people may toss around in this case major permissions. I feel as if major permissions also should be edited because people are tossing around like it's candy, mainly doing the sake of major permissions just for the activity of their gang and not for the roleplay experience.
It will definitely be edited and brought back with extreme caution should this suggestion be accepted. I appreciate the concern however.

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Neutral

Shi I posted my reply too fast LMAO. anyways if KPS were brought back, it’d be in a fashion where new players (red tags) cannot be targeted and baited kps. They would have to execute certain major permissions or hitman permissions in order For someone to gain kps. “Baiting” permissions will be near impossible. Hope that rests some concerns for u!

(Note: you’d see people baiting consented perms (the current system of kps) off of new players more than you would attempting to bait these permissions)

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
I would love to note that there is no one way of roleplaying!
There is a should and a shouldn't. You shouldn't power game for example. You should roleplay consequences, roleplaying consequences is a should.

tobbby

Level 277
mrbug_
mrbug_
Rich
I
Hope you know that no1 is gonna kill your character over a minor perms, they will only if you hire a hitman, major an important limb/body part n stuff. There are ALOT of ways to avoid kps too, attires exist, karakura might seem small for you guys roleplay abilities but its actually a big map with an underground sewer system (where bmd hides btw :OOO) and you literally just have to do is get on a place no1 wld bother to check.
’m an inexperienced gangrper and im trying to shelter underneath my friends, im aware of the sewers but most of the time get lost qhen trying to navigate them. I know that they wont kill him over minors, but Tobias as ive written him will spit on people, kick them in the nuts, and anger them enough that they’d want to. He’a a brash character and thats the way i like him. Gangrping with him would be rather frighting as ive said, and j like how Kana put it, they’re our characters so we should decide when their story ends.I’m not trying to spark up a debate, but i just wanted you to know that I see your side and know you’re experienced, but that just isnt how i like it!

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I

’m an inexperienced gangrper and im trying to shelter underneath my friends, im aware of the sewers but most of the time get lost qhen trying to navigate them. I know that they wont kill him over minors, but Tobias as ive written him will spit on people, kick them in the nuts, and anger them enough that they’d want to. He’a a brash character and thats the way i like him. Gangrping with him would be rather frighting as ive said, and j like how Kana put it, they’re our characters so we should decide when their story ends.I’m not trying to spark up a debate, but i just wanted you to know that I see your side and know you’re experienced, but that just isnt how i like it!
Hiya GangRP enthusiast and builder oInfi here, I would just like to reassure you that this in no shape way or form will hinder your ability to play your character the way you want to! This system is in fact designed to prevent people from dying unnecessary deaths but at the same time providing an alternative, still lore motivated method of GangRPing. You are fully capable of keeping your character safe, you can even major people and it wouldn’t result in KPS (depending on the limb you’d take). Only two things would allow your character to have KPS on their back. Those two things are extremely simple to avoid. Just don’t take a major limb or hire a hitman. I’m sure your character’s lore does not include hitman work and taking off whole arms and legs. If it does however, I guess this system just isn’t for you and that’s fine

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
To those who put a +1, or are on the neutral side, what is your opinion on receiving KPS upon figuring out a character’s death? Obviously consented perms and obtainable perms would be separated (I.e. you’d have to consent to kps if you killed someone who consented to kps). Should KPS in fact be obtainable via learning who killed another person?

tobbby

Level 277
mrbug_
mrbug_
Rich
It doesn’t! currently though he is out for revenge.. Thanks for responding with my concerns. Posting on forums like these are scary nowadays..
Hiya GangRP enthusiast and builder oInfi here, I would just like to reassure you that this in no shape way or form will hinder your ability to play your character the way you want to! This system is in fact designed to prevent people from dying unnecessary deaths but at the same time providing an alternative, still lore motivated method of GangRPing. You are fully capable of keeping your character safe, you can even major people and it wouldn’t result in KPS (depending on the limb you’d take). Only two things would allow your character to have KPS on their back. Those two things are extremely simple to avoid. Just don’t take a major limb or hire a hitman. I’m sure your character’s lore does not include hitman work and taking off whole arms and legs. If it does however, I guess this system just isn’t for you and that’s fine

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
It doesn’t! currently though he is out for revenge.. Thanks for responding with my concerns. Posting on forums like these are scary nowadays..
Nah I totally understand that you're all good :D

moesxy

Level 10
moesxy
moesxy
Notable+
+1 Expect I want it to be EXTREMELY HARD to get KPS on someone, requiring for an admin to watch it go down. and for admin to approve of the situation considering how annoying it is to lose a char. It should be almost like an event with everything thought out carefully, not people running up, ko'ing u. stabbing ur carotid and ending ur char.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
+1 Expect I want it to be EXTREMELY HARD to get KPS on someone, requiring for an admin to watch it go down. and for admin to approve of the situation considering how annoying it is to lose a char. It should be almost like an event with everything thought out carefully, not people running up, ko'ing u. stabbing ur carotid and ending ur char.
This is exactly what consented KPS provides, but without the needless interference from staff members. Why make things more complicated?

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
+1

The permissions are going to be much harder to acquire, and for people afraid of losing their character should understand that there are ways to avoid getting your character killed. One is not engaging in gangrp.. You can simply not major someone and they won't gain the permissions, or even better, do it masked. Same with the hitman. If you do not want to risk your character dying, don't hire a third party who could potentially double-cross you. This system will make it VERY difficult to bait perms, if it is even possible. If you know people are perm hungry, then don't escalate permissions to the point they can kill your character.

I personally use my main character as my gang character. If I lose him to someone who is hungry to kill him, I'll of course be upset, but that is a RISK I took when I made him my gang character. It's not illegal to have multiple characters, nor is it illegal to get development on both. If you are afraid of your most important character dying, you can freely use another and make that character have their own story. I'm not saying to make a throwaway character by any means, but you don't have to put the character you have spent your own time gaining development into harm's way. It's all a personal choice.

The current "eye for an eye" state of gangrp is mainly just taking the eyes of characters, making them really difficult to play. It's not impossible, but not many people WANT to roleplay out a blind character. They would rather bench the character and make a new one, rather than adapt to playing something that they themselves don't know how to. It's either they bench the character or just outright consent to the KPS because they would rather not have to deal with that character.

To those who put a +1, or are on the neutral side, what is your opinion on receiving KPS upon figuring out a character’s death? Obviously consented perms and obtainable perms would be separated (I.e. you’d have to consent to kps if you killed someone who consented to kps). Should KPS in fact be obtainable via learning who killed another person?
In response to this one, it is a bit of a double-edged sword. On one hand, from a development standpoint, if you discover someone killed someone important to your character, they would understandably want revenge. But on the other hand, someone could allow their character to die so their gang or friends can kill your character. My opinion on this would be more neutral than everything, since it could be roleplayed out amazingly, but it could also just be another way for people to gain KPS.

hebwig

Level 111
Currently, as it stands, once you major in someone you practically have nothing to fear. You'll get majored back, go to the hospital to get patched up, and then continue roleplaying as if nothing happens. This does not mean I want majors to equal kill permission again but just giving an example of the current issues with the way KPS works right now.

this is why i bring up nerfing hospital..........that sentence sounds so stupid out of context LOL but this would bring back the risk that's currently missing without toying with rules that could potentially get someone's character Permanently Killed (Unconsented)

i mentioned i'm all for more exceptions like how hirathex mentioned in the original thread. hope the server shuts down. do that & make sure hospital workers arent gods & we're in the right business!

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
I brought up many different ways that we can add further risk to GangRP without character death, take those into consideration before simply ignoring them and moving on. (Not targeted at anyone, I just want to make sure my reply is heard.) I understand the want for risk, but it can certainly be made up in other ways, besides, we will NEVER have a full-on risk factor to gangrp... they're Minecraft characters, and barely anyone is attached to them besides the select few (at least in the gangrp community).

Aidanator14

Level 14
Forreal! No1 is blocking you from how YOU wanna roleplay, people just want to have OTHER ways to roleplay. Rolling combat / simple roleplay still counts as a way of roleplaying!
Ruin you right rolling and simple roleplay is of course still roleplay thats a giving, the issue is running around as a 18 year old with 50 katana's 400+ confirmed kills, this should not be how SRP is used, roleplay is up to the user as you said, so therefore kill perms shouldn't be around for the reason that you have stated.
"No1 is blocking you from how YOU wanna roleplay, people just want to have OTHER ways to roleplay."
With having a gang of masked people all with katana's trying to hunt me around karakura, that my friend is blocking me from how I want to roleplay. So using your logic why should KPS be brought back when it will affect and block many people from roleplaying the way that they are wanting too.

Ruin

Level 104
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
With having a gang of masked people all with katana's trying to hunt me around karakura, that my friend is blocking me from how I want to roleplay. So using your logic why should KPS be brought back when it will affect and block many people from roleplaying the way that they are wanting too.
my brother in christ gang of masked people wont chase you if you dont run in with a katana and stab them all

if this suggestion were to be added all you have to do is not major an important limb & body part or hire hitmen. You can still carve or remove their hands without giving KPS.
this suggestion does not remove your ability to p2l or consent, it will still exist but there will be other ways whether you see it as a "bad" or "good" way. In my opinion there is no good or bad way to "gangrp succesfully" There can be multiple ways to gain kps and I'm 100% sure this wont affect people who wants to gangrp but not lose their character to another person that much since you can still major their hand & carve them but just wont be able to take their entire arm or important body part.

Users who are viewing this thread