mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Chef Application | シェフ

fentias

Level 14
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: heartclue

Do you have Discord?: coven#3346

Have you ever been banned (If yes when and why?): Yes, I have been banned - my last ban being on 2020-07-16. I am more than happy to explain and talk through this via Discord if needed and I more than understand how this can affect my application today - all I ask is that you can try to look past this the best you can as I have tried extremely hard to better myself and my environments since that time.

What is your timezone?: My timezone is GMT.

Describe your activity on the server: Good! Though, I feel like it is best to be honest with questions like these. Lately, it's been lacking as I feel there is motivation lacking for me within the current characters and/or roles that I play - this is one of the reasons for my application today which I will go into more detail about later on.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Absolutely.

School Employee Role you are applying for?: Chef.

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for: A school chef is as simple as it reads, they will be mostly based in the school cafeteria and their duty will be to serve students lunch at the appropriate times.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: Speaking generally, I've been roleplaying via different games and Minecraft servers for some time around three years I believe. Speaking in terms of Roleplay Hub and this specific server, I've been on the server for just over a year now. During this time, I've gained many different experiences and different character perspectives due to being placed in different roles. To name a few, I've played as a councillor - which taught me the basics of dealing with students and in having a position of authority. I've played as a Journalist - which has taught me the importance of professionalism, especially in public documents. I've had masses amounts of experience within Cheerleading and have also had many different perspectives within it due to playing different characters for a single role. All of these put together allow me to be an excellent candidate for this role by giving me not only roleplay experience, but the ability to adapt to most (if not, all) situations flawlessly.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Currently, I have a role in Journalism and a role in Bobcat Cheer. I also have a college account at the lowest degree level, though that has been inactive for a little while now.

─────────────────────────────────────────────​
Situations

Little disclaimer, I probably struggled with this one the most as I felt most of them may not be the MOST relevant for a chef to experience - however I tried my best and answered honestly!!
During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?: With poise. The idea I have for my character is friendly and empathetic, so I'd say my character would remain silent and not give the student the attention they so clearly crave - doing my best to continue with what I was doing. Afterwards, I'd then make a formal report on said student.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
Thankfully, I have a little bit of council experience to allow me to answer this question; I would immediately make an attempt to stop the fight, doing large actions to try and break it up in the chat - therefore them becoming discouraged OOCLY to try and continue it. Regardless, I would make an attempt to stop the fight by speaking to them in somewhat of a harsh manner and would make it a priority to get the two distanced from each other. I would then ask about the situation, how it started, what it was about, etc. This would all be compiled into a formal report.​

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
I think with some situations it depends on the severity and what the 'inappropriate' act actually was. I think if it was their character acting generally inappropriate and immature, I'd deal with completely IC. This would involve my character giving a stern talking to the other employee, and could also result in my character reporting it to a SLT IC. If the act was something clearly against the rules OOC then I'd likely just deal with it OOCLY as well as IC, making a formal report with screenshots.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?:
Nice, friendly and willing to help! She'd pretty much just stick to herself for the most part, though if she hears that someone may need help or if she is spoken to she will perk up and begin conversation.​
Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

When serving students in the cafeteria.
- /me beamed a smile towards the student. "Hello. What is it that you'd like this afternoon, lovely?"
When serving students in the cafeteria.
- /me nodded promptly, proceeding to present their food. "Enjoy! Have a good rest of your day."
When present in the employee break room.
- /me sat on the couch, her knees pulled together with one hand placed upon her knee while the other clutched an Americano. She raised her head, offering a faint smile to the male; "Oh, hello."

Note: The actions wrote while 'on the job' are small with less detail on purpose, in order for students to not get overwhelmed and make the process quick with so many other students to get to.

─────────────────────────────────────────────

In-Character Section

Full Name:
Nao Miura​
Title (Mr,Mrs,Miss): Miss.

Academic Degree:
Culinary Degree.​
Year of Graduation: I graduated in 2014 from the Le Cordon Bleu-Sookmyung Academy in Seoul, Korea.​
Major(s): Culinary arts.​
Minors: Hospitality management.

Backstory
Nao grew up completely surrounded by the arts, maybe so much that it would be suffocating. Her mother, a painter and her father an art gallery curator. It was safe to assume that was what she wanted to do, but as she grew.. learned.. yearned- it became all too apparent that she was not cut out for it. No matter how many late night sessions her mother tried to push forward, Nao just could not shake the feeling that art was not her. It was not who she was.

And so, naturally, the female was forced to explore herself - perhaps even more so than she would have wanted, at times. She had to work to discover what her passion was - what her purpose was. With time, she allowed herself to gravitate towards cooking meals. She used to pride herself on said meals, and her parents praise for the presentation only encouraged her futher. Nao took this and ran with it, of course and within a few years she was off to Korea to study the culinary arts.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
Believe it or not, I actually was once a student in KHS! I grew up in Karakura and only really left to study in Korea for four years and for my double gap year (Shameful, I know..) just after I turned eighteen. Therefore, I hold KHS very near and dear to my heart. Truth be told there is no other place I'd feel more honoured to work as a school chef for.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
During my four year university course, we received a lot of training - some of which was very practical and meant to show us the 'ins-and-outs' per say. This is when I was able to gain work experience from a very fancy private school in Korea - in which their are restaurants scattered in a specific area. Granted, it is a little different to rather western cafeteria system in KHS - though experience is experience. It taught me all about dealing with students and the importance of presentation, too!

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
I should be accepted over other applicants for two primary reasons, the first of which being that I whole-heartedly believe there is no other applicant with the same passion and skill level as me in the art of food. I've dedicated my whole life to working hard and learning all that there is about it. I likely have the largest array of experience when compared to other applicants and therefore know what I am doing. Moving onto the second reason; again, among other applicants I can assure you there is not one other who has the spirit OF what makes KHS. I love this school, and I want to do my best for it.

Extra
[!]
A cursive signature, reading; 'Nao Miura!' with an additional chef doodle beside it.

─────────────────────────────────────────────

Additional notes about your application:
None!​
Do you have any questions?: Just in general as much guidance as I am able to gather would be great!​

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of Chef at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing School Employee applications. There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.

Notes:
-I have a pretty strong feeling you'll do just fine with this role given your previous experience in the faction.​

Users who are viewing this thread