nylu
Notable+
IGN:
nylu
DATE:
12/5/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
REMOVE
or find a way to force the player base to be unable to see KPD on the tab.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
One reoccurring issue I see with KPD and CriminalRP is how criminals will purposely meta the tab. When they see cops aren't on, they attempt their perms and do things a character realistically wouldn't (like run past KPD with a katana/HOLD a katana out for a while because they know cops won't be able to get them). I've also been in situations where people attempt to major/kill my character but the sheer moment they see cops start logging on in tab, they start moving hastily or leave altogether. In my honest opinion, CriminalRP without risk is extremely boring. Though there is nothing currently stopping players from meta'ing the tab besides getting warned- but not even that happens.

I'm not saying to take KPD off the tab (though that could be an alternative), but I wish for a way to prevent people from meta'ing the tab.

easy fix: moving the KPD tag below the adult tag​

Last edited:

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
I'm not massively for the whole new command for it, but potentially when the tab plugin is re-made KPD could be moved lower than adults, this is a very cool suggestion idea which would probably help against metagaming & make Criminal roleplay more risky. +1

pashy

Level 183
To my experience, this is very true. Most people I GangRP with do take a check on tab before proceeding with anything. Personally, I never cared but, others around me seem to do care a lot for a fact which is like mentioned metagaming and it's, to be fair, very annoying. I hope they do implement something to stop it however, I dislike the idea of /pvanish, maybe another way.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
I dislike the idea of /pvanish, maybe another way.
completely fine, it was a random idea nonetheless (though i would like to hear your opinion on it's flaws)

zerie

Level 34
jeeellyy
jeeellyy
Rich
+1
Me and another officer were going on about something like this. In most situations, people wait until no officers / barely any officers are around to do any big gangrp situations which is quite annoying considering the fact that we'd need to rush on and end up being late to the situation!!! Most of the time, there will be broadcasts at 2-3am about gangs running around town with katanas out and only one officer was online at the time. It's just another form of meta gaming that no one has been in trouble for from my pov.

This message was also very rushed.............. apologies X_X

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
+1

This is something that has been thrown around in police chat for a while now, I think this is a fair fix to the 'metagaming tab' problem that seems to occur, as I, personally, think officers can be trusted with the command that was described, seeing as though we're already trusted with other commands (like the one that jail players).

Alternatively, if this change isn't accepted, another thing that has been said in police chat by another officer is a rule for where gangrpers can't commit "major crimes," really any crime that involves weapons and four or more people (can be adjusted of course) unless at least one or two KPD officers are on. The way this was come up with was as how 18wounds described; most officers aren't around at times such as 11 PM EST to 8 AM EST, which is when a LOT of crime happens. Trust me, I've experienced the fact, and most of the time only one or two officers are awake around this time

ImYourManMyles

Level 50
ImYourManMyles
ImYourManMyles
Omega
IGN:
nylu
DATE:
12/5/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
REMOVE
or find a way to force the player base to be unable to see KPD on the tab.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
One reoccurring issue I see with KPD and CriminalRP is how criminals will purposely meta the tab. When they see cops aren't on, they attempt their perms and do things a character realistically wouldn't (like run past KPD with a katana/HOLD a katana out for a while because they know cops won't be able to get them). I've also been in situations where people attempt to major/kill my character but the sheer moment they see cops start logging on in tab, they start moving hastily or leave altogether. In my honest opinion, CriminalRP without risk is extremely boring. Though there is nothing currently stopping players from meta'ing the tab besides getting warned- but not even that happens.

I'm not saying to take KPD off the tab (though that could be an alternative), but I wish for a way to prevent people from meta'ing the tab.

HOWEVERRR

i think a REALLY nice alternative is adding a /pvanish command.

- only cops can use it [most likely when authorized by staff- unless Yonio trusts his KPD not to fool around with it since it takes a lot to even become KPD in the first place].

- when using it, it removes you off of the tab and no one can see you on tab till you do the command again. by default, it lasts 30 mins and shuts off after, making you have to redo it to prevent cops from 'accidentally' leaving it on. kpd officers should be fine turning it back on however- since tab takes around a minute to refresh to show new players on it MEANINGGGG that no one will see when it shuts off and when they turn it back on.

- if you log off with it on, upon logging back on, it turns off.​
+1 W SUGGESTION

Lizalopod

Level 130
Don't necesarily agree with a command for something which could be remedied by just moving the role down, still agree though +1

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
+1 Move them below adults or the command. Both are amazing suggestions and will make GangRP and CrimeRP riskier!

HunterHampter

Level 62
Community Team
Media Team
HampterHunter
HampterHunter
Notable
+1 Though do keep in mind, In GangRP fashion they'll try to find a loophole which is the /seen commands.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
Overcomplicates things massively. If you catch somebody using tab to metagame then perhaps report them?

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
Overcomplicates things massively. If you catch somebody using tab to metagame then perhaps report them?
By moving the KPD tag below adults? That doesn’t overcomplicate things at all (ignoring the command thing I mentioned because again, it was just a random idea)

And it’s not as easy as “report them if you think you caught them” because by experience, 90% of the time they don’t get punished since there’s never enough proof + it makes it less tedious on staff members if they don’t need to deal with it to begin with. in summary, it’s hard to prove it and it’s easy to lie one’s way out of.

I respect your opinion though

AppaRp

Level 12
AppaRP
AppaRP
Omega+
+1 I agree alot of people do meta game the cops tab. I do stuff whenever i feel like doing it and most the time i walk around ready to fight whenever. I usually try to do my perms fast one to avoid cops but also to avoid the target calling friends and backup. As i have noticed is that’s when things get complicated bout gangrp also i like having the risk of being caught as i feel that if there is no risk there is no reward.

Users who are viewing this thread