Level 158
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
IGN:
DarkEclipic

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)
darkeclipic

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
I do have a mic and I WILL talk, I like talking

Your time zone and current country of residence:
CST, USA

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lore-application-darkeclipic.52996/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/darkeclipic-lore-team-application-2.54918/#post-186135
https://schoolrp.net/threads/darkeclipic-lore-team-application-3.59985/

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
I do understand that I could be removed from the community team.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
Lack of Motivation; I do have times where I am just at the bottom of the barrel and I just can’t physically think up anything to write or even Roleplay in general. These last a couple of days to about a week of lowered activity

Writer’s block; I do have writer’s block that I get from time to time as any writer would, these last a bit more LONGER than my first point, but with assistance and good pushes(and a set deadline) I will be able to make it through

IRL; As everyone, IRL does come first and sometimes I might be pulled away from writing/srp due to that means. My sleep schedule is a bit.. Wack so that could also hender things from time to time as sleep and I don’t really match up

What makes you passionate about writing?:
I have been writing since I was younger, how young? 15-16 years of either writing Fanfictions of Anime characters, tv shows, etc. To actually writing some more deeper works in which some people have read; These works I am glad to share with close friends as I am proud of these works as it involves world building, Background details, their own religions, architecture, landscapes, and overall what a world needs to survive. I mainly love helping to build up a world and creating a new image for things that have no or little to no effort built in it. Like Worldshaping or New character creation.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
I do have experience in writing lore and creating something from nothing, Some of my official work for SRP would be my Lore of The Murder of 1999 ( https://schoolrp.net/threads/lore-the-murder-of-1999.56935/ ), I quite enjoyed being given ONE sentence and told to write about it.

Among some of my other words are my personal Lore for Families / Gangs / Characters for example The Hatake Lore(I lost the original doc for it so I took some screenshots ages ago of the lore I had written); ( *********************************d/1rOt5K5ETdrBTVPGuKBl0Ti42dbXuaLgOVY8hK8yTSAM/edit ).

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
Lore has many different aspects such as; Characters, world-building, Religions, Folklore, and many other parts. It is the backbone of any piece or in this case, a Minecraft server.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES

1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 300-1000 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.
  3. The effort and quality of both prompts will be taken into consideration when we accept applications.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

Words: 536

Fog rolling over the cityscape of Karakura. A light drizzle washed over the town as the weeping maiden cried. Along the back street of the Zen Garden, a girl would be clutching her bookbag as she ran down the sidewall, along the old powerplant walls. Following her were three masked figures wearing all black, red markings going over their fronts. Rounding the corner and into the plant itself, she would attempt to open her bag to grab her phone when she suddenly tripped. The majority of the bag contents spilled out on the ground as the three figures finally caught up, all three having brass knuckles along their fingers.

“Such a waste of life, messing with the wrong type of crowd. Grab her.”

The two silent figures walked over and grabbed either side of the girl, dragging her up to her feet. The girl looked at each of the three figures, all wearing the same outfit and the same-looking mask. But they eyeholes, she could see the glint of the thrill and a dark aura from their eyes. The figure who spoke originally walked towards the woman and grabbed her long hair, pulling her head to the side. Gripping onto the other two figures' arms, she was trying to claw their arms off but alas. It had failed, her strength was slowly leaving her body as a knife blade was placed on her neck. Not thinking and just acting, the woman would raise her right leg and slam it on the man’s stomach, causing him to stumble back. Wanting to yell, to scream, her mouth open to do so. Nothing came out, fear washed over her as she was forced to her knees and her head yanked back to look at the figure. The drizzle of rain started to come down harder and pelt her face.

“You are going to regret that decision girl.”

Seeing through her rain-blurred vision, the hand that held the knife rose. She shut her eyes with fear, thinking this was her last moment on this Island. A place she had called home. She waited. . .and waited. . .and nothing. She slowly opened her eyes to see a new figure had came to her rescue. Through tear-filled eyes, the woman got out of the male’s grasp finally and fell backward, moving away from the fighting that was now happening. Soon, the police arrived and the paramedics checked up on the girl. The boy who had saved her walked over with her ruined back, offering it to her with soft words. He was now carrying a black eye and a busted lip and was slightly smiling down at her.

“Let’s go get you changed and washed up, yeah?”

Voice soothing to her from the situation that they were both just involved in. Giving him a small nod she would grab her back and stand from where she was sitting once the Paramedics were done looking over the both of them. Finally exiting out of the powerplant, a plant of muggings. Constant fighting is simply overlooked by the local government to try to isolate crime in one location. Walking away from the area and towards the new business district apartments, off on a new adventure.

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

Words: 647

Karakura, off of the coast of Japan and in the Izu Archipelago, is a busy city filled with the Local Private schools of Karakura High and Karakura Community College to the rat-infested sewers underneath, where crime is survival of the fittest. Within the old city, there used to sit Three Estates. The Akihito, The Saiky, and lastly The Herrington. The Herrington’s are an old family that had many ties in many parts of Karakura until The Furukawa’s bought out the older estate and soon vanished themselves. With the weathering down Estate and no owners in sight, the property was turned over to the City of Karakura. Soon, the doors to the ancient estate would finally open with all of its secrets and brand new look and name. Jinsei Zen Garden is filled with statues, tea huts, and many areas to simply read in.

The quiet garden holds many new places for Karakura to see and discover but during the late hours of the night. When the moon is high in the sky, small yips and yowls can be heard up and over the mountainside. From where the grand Estate once stood, not much was known on what happened around or inside the walls. Within the new walls of the garden, new statues were built. One of them, suspiciously, of a Fox with many tails and at this point has three. The howls could be connected, spiritually, with the statue. Within the local Japanese religion, Shintoism is fairly popular by any standards. One is the Kami of Inari Okami or the Fox Goddess. Goddess of Foxes, Rice, Tea, and Sake. Connected to Inari, who is said to be the messenger of her to other spirits within their spiritual world and tricksters of the common man, The Kitsune. The myth says that the Older and Wiser a Kitsune becomes, the more tails the fox will have. A similar connection between Foxes and Mountains, in the Tochigahara area of the Niigata Prefecture, there is a festival called ‘Kitsune no Yomatsuri’ or Fox’s wedding or Sun Shower. In this legend, a line of Kitune’s would travel up the mountain and two would be wearing traditional wedding outfits for a type of wedding. It is possible that the Kitsune of the area could be starting up a similar tradition up the mountains of Karakura. Or, it could simply just be a simple fox, exploring the narrow ridges and cliffs for its next meal.

Along with the Fox statue, there is another along the mountainside. A woman with her hands put together and what looks like long dark hair. Anyone who witnesses the statue and the bizarre weather of Karakura will take notice that she weeps into the pond below her when it rains, even in the lightest of drizzles. Old rumors of the local Shrine, Shisei Seinaru Monastery, have said that years ago. The monastery had a priest who burned down the shrine at the time, all of the Spirits and Kamis that resided inside of the shrine at the time, escaped. After the fire died down, only a small part of the shrine was left up on the mountain and a lonely Kami. Chiharu-Yamatsumi is the name of the Goddess that protects and looks over the Shrine and City of Karakura. Years went by of the shrine not being taken care of and it angered Chiharu more and more and eventually, terrible weather washed over the island. It wasn’t until townfolk started to take care of the shrine when the weather started to settle down, Maidens and Priests alike and other townfolk started to worship her once more. It is possible that the connection of this Great Kami and the weeping woman could have some type of connection. Or it could just simply be a feature that the Karakura Officials wanted to put in to help manage the pond’s water level.

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
DENIED
Thank you for applying. After discussing with the team, it was decided to deny your application.
Factors for your denial are listed below:​
  • Your second prompt started off strong, but the constant change in topic made it difficult to follow.​
  • Make sure to work on the storytelling aspect of the writing, as opposed to relaying details of the event.​
  • Make sure to use consistent tense in the writing.​

For any questions relating to the application, DM rexypoo on Discord with said question. Feel free to reapply and address these factors for the next wave of applications.​

Users who are viewing this thread