Level 159
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
IGN:
DarkEclipic

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)
darkeclipic

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
Yes, I do have a microphone!!

Your time zone and current country of residence:
CST, America

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lore-application-darkeclipic.52996/ (First Lore app; Denied)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/darkeclipic-lore-team-application-2.54918/ (Second Lore app; Accepted)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/darkeclipics-lore-application.64853/ (Third Lore app; Denied)

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
Yes I do understand that I could be removed from the Community Team at any point

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
Writers Block - This happens to everyone who loves to create stories, Lore, or writing in general. It can last a couple of hours or days with just a lack of motivation.

Demotivation - Sometimes we all do or play a game for SO long that sometimes we just get demotivated in playing the said game and need a ‘reset’ to the brain. It happens to everyone and this could just simply need a few hours to reboot to a couple of weeks depending on how said mental state is going on.

Folklore - I will be honest, Folklore is my weakest part of writing. I have had assistance in the past and am currently on how to make it better. But it is something that I struggle with as it talks about the theoretical and as much as I love the Mythology of religions, cultures, etc. It still is a struggle, I don’t know why, but it is something I am actively working on making better.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
Writing for me is a way to escape from my real-life stresses and able to express my creativity in a work of art that is enjoyable to not just myself, but to others. I have been writing since I was very little, it has been at least a decade or more. One of my more serious works of writing would be a Sci-fi / High Fantasy that I have been actively (off and on) working on for the past 7-8 years. It is something that I find enjoyable and that people around me enjoy.

I love taking fragments of ideas and turning them into something new or entertaining, it's a form of type of entertainment like a TV show or something to have people talk about for ages on end.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
I do have many previous experiences with writing lore!! As you know, previously when I was a Lore Team member, one of the words that the great Oli had given me was /roughly/ ‘there was a murder at town hall in the year 1999, write about it’, and there is the lore piece of ‘The Murder of 1999’ about Reporter Mori being murdered by one of her school friends that she romantically denied. I am still VERY proud of this work and I wish to expand on it in the future if given the chance(One of my prompts is an add-on to said lore)!!

Adding onto this, I enjoy creating types of backgrounds or ‘origin stories’ for types of situations. For example, the story I mentioned in the previous question was created by an OLD Minecraft Roleplay that I had experienced and added onto with my fun little twists. While making that story, I quite enjoyed the worldbuilding aspect, map-making, and the ancient magic slowly fading away and being brought back to life through old souls being placed in new generation bodies. It is a whole thing and I quite enjoyed it and still do!

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
Lore, Lore is the backbone of any type of Character Development, Worldbuilding, Folklore, and much more. It is the foundation of anything when it comes to creating something from nothing. An example of this is how we have sand, sand is created by constant water hitting rock and breaking off after years, decades, or centuries.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES

1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 300-1000 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.
  3. The effort and quality of both prompts will be taken into consideration when we accept applications.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.
Words: 851

Hideji Kajiyashiki, 34 years of age, sitting in the REDACTED jail cell after being arrested for murdering 35-year-old, News Reporter, Hayami Mori. His hands together, sitting at the edge of the thin mattress, and just. . .staring at nothing in particular. He had been in this cell for about three weeks, thinking. . .remembering the events that had happened back in Karakura. At what he had done. BANG, Kajiyashiki jumped and quickly looked around the room before his eyes landed on the cell door to his left. Standing on the other side would be two officers and one Sargent Mori, Hayami’s Father.

“Stand up.”

Sargent Mori’s voice was straight to the point, monotoned, just like Hayami's. Kajiyashiki would stand and sheepishly walk over to the cell doors, sticking his hands through the bars towards the officers. Once he was cuffed, the cell opened and he led by the two officer and Sargent Mori taking the lead. Walking through the halls of REDACTED it made Kajiyashiki shutter. His mind would be racing, his eyes moving from left to right, looking at other inmates and soon, plain hallways. They had eventually made it to a room that looked like a normal interrogation room with the classic one-way glass. Kajiyashiki was cuffed to the furthest chair from the door, his eyes drifted downwards as the door closed. Silence. . .step.. step.. step.. SCREECH. Sargent Mori would walk towards the chair on the other side of the table, pulling it out before taking a seat with a file in right hand.

“We meet again Kajiyashiki.”

Kajiyashiki would remain quiet, staring at a line in the metal table, the sound of paper turning over before a photo came into his vision. A photo of Hayami. . .Kajiyashiki’s face would pale as his heart went into his stomach. Her face was burned into his mind already, he heard Mori speak again.

“Hayami Mori, my firstborn, was only 35 years old. You ended her time here in this world. Tell me, why did you do this?”

His voice had a slight pain in it, Kajiyashiki didn’t utter a word. Staying still as if trying to be invisible to a hunter attempting to hunt his prey. He knew. . .He knew this already. Mori would continue before reading off of the paper. . .

“Seven total knife stabs, in the Shoulder and Neck areas. Dr. Takagi declared her death due to Blood Loss.” Mori would look at the official death report that was documented at Karkaura Hospital in February of 1999. Mori would give a hum as he looked at the motionless Kajiyashiki in front of him. He sat down the medical report before picking up the police report and speaking again.

“Our leads led us to you and your resident due to a letter you had sent to Hayami a week before the incident. I will not read it aloud as it seems. . .perso-”

BANG, sounds of chains clinking together could be heard before a rosed voice shattered the emptiness of the room. . .

‘Don’t you DARE read that aloud you pig.’

Mori and the other officers, who were on the other side of the one-way glass, were put into a form of shock as Kajiyashiki slammed his fists onto the metal table, stared at Mori with a look of Hate. Despair. Desperation. Mori smirked, but soon it faded as he sat his elbow on the table. Leaning towards the chained inmate before he spoke again.

“Sensitive about it? Oh, I understand it. You loved her. And yet. . .this was the result in you getting rejected. Resulted in ruining your life. . .for well, life. First Degree Murder, Gang affiliation for the evidence we had found within your room, Possession of Illegal weaponry. . .and the list goes on. But..”

Mori’s voice paused as he looked Kajiyashiki in the eye, a Fatherly pain was set deep in own eyes. Mori wanted answers, he wanted to know, he wanted his daughter back! But. . .alas, he continued.

“..I just want to know why. Why to murder, of a young woman who had her entire life ahead of her.”

Kajiyashiki was quiet for what it felt like years, decades but, it realistically only lasted a few seconds. He spoke in a broken voice, weak.

‘If. .I couldn’t have her.. Then no one would. Not with how I LOVED her.’

At those words, Mori quietly closed the file after gathering back up what he spread across the metal table. He had gotten the answer, he knew the answer deep down. Kayashiki continued on, he wasn’t done!

‘I loved Hayami, she was just blind! You got to believe me! I had loved her since my brother started to bring her around! REDACTED Plea-’

“Sargent Mori, that is what you will ONLY refer to me as. I got what I needed, thank you Kayashiki.”

Mori turned and opened the door as Kayashiki’s pleas for him to stay and listen went unheard. Or that Mori was just unwilling to listen to the pleas of a madman. And a madman he was. After this interaction, Kayashiki was sentenced to the medical ward of REDACTED to get him properly treated. Sargent Mori spent the remainder of his days with his own younger son and daughter at home, making sure they had properly sent Hayami off to the Kamis by each year pass. But, this is not the last of the Mori’s. This was only the beginning of a life of deep-seated revenge. Anger towards the Kayashiki’s and all of their relatives.​

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.
Words: 392 + whatever is on the photos(I honestly forgot to count the words)

The Izu Archipelago, a group of islands off the coast of Tokyo. Some of the islands for this reason range from Oushima, Toshima, Niijima, Kozushima, and lastly Karakura. Karakura is the closest to the mainland, making it easily populated by locals from Tokyo. From government-funded schools to the bloodshed of the underground, Karakura is set in its ways littered with deep history and stories passed on through word of mouth. When the city was first founded by the original 13 families, The Itsyoshi's. With many spiritual happenings and many stories being lost to time, the old 13 families would slowly move out of Karakura for their own reasons, being forced to by embarrassment, or slowly dying off through ages past.

Three Grand Estates had remained; The Saiky Estate, The Saiky’s being very well known in the spiritual aspect of the land, and the local Shrine, and part of the original 13 Itsyoshi families. The Akihito Estate, A new age of families to help Karakura’s development, A Ogonshoku Family, formed by the town's former mayor and the former Yakuza Patriarch, ‘Mike’. And lastly, a family of neither ‘Official’ families of Karakura. The Herrington Estate, years went by as the Herrington’s were told to be very influential through word of mouth, but ask anyone today and they would ask 'who?'. The Estate would go up for sale due to lack of people and late on rent, it was soon turned over to the Local Karakura Government to where The Fukukawa Family had bought it but, like the Herrington’s, the family had vanished from sight, leaving the same empty plot of land.

With the new mayor and assistance from the town's builders and architects. Mayor Akai had torn down the old, cursed Estate and replaced the land with the New Zen Garden. With a grand hall for offerings to the Kamis, to mysterious statues that hum in the night. Jinsei Zen Garden was now open to the public. . .but the locals that knew about the old estate and the happenings on this land, some call it cursed. A pot of brewing negative emotions during certain times of the day.

Mainly during the night, these rumors had formed. A local blog about a group of ‘ghost hunters’ formed and posted on REDACTED, information about the personal identities and site will be removed from the record as to protect the site the blog was posted on and the ‘Hunters’ identities:

The rest of the blog would go on talking about Karakura's other supernatural events. But all that was posted about the Garden was either lost or could not be found. Karakura has it's mysteries, it has his history if you attempt to listen. And with the noises in the night, can you be sure it's people. . .or a demon right behind you?​

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
ACCEPTED
After discussing with the team, you have been chosen for the Lore Team. Please DM rexypoo on Discord to get your roles set up.
Congratulations, and welcome to Lore’s Court.​

Users who are viewing this thread