mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Disallow Full-Body Suit/Hooded Cloak Skins that Conceal Identity.

Lizalopod

Level 130
Hi Yes, I'm giving this suggestion a -1/+1

Out of school - People can still wear them outside of school, just as they can wear their masks outside of school; it doesn't bother anyone. Just think of the suits as masks; they can still be worn, and who the hell is going to sit down and monitor all of this? It would just add to the staff team's responsibility, and they already have plenty to deal with in terms of the server. Just pointing out that the Gangrp group may be... full of rule-breakers, so even if this was a thing, people would still wear them.

In-School- This is where my plus one comes in. With the suits, it may be irritating at times since some people listen when you threaten them with detention, while others simply don't care/don't fearrp. When I tell them to take it off and give them a few warnings, they usually listen. They'll simply be obstinate about it, but some of them will do what you described above. I feel students should be aware that SCHOOL IS NOT A PLACE TO GANGRP. It's a really clear thing, and I'm not sure why people think of such silliness as if fighting at school isn't enough, but why take it to the next level? Suits, on the other hand, should not be permitted in the school.

They can have a good time by wearing the mask, try being faculty (since individuals come up with the strangest ways to get out of situations), breaking rules by not fearrping, and so on. People wear the costumes so that if they don't listen to school staff, they won't have their masks taken away, which is essentially scamming the system.

Just cause the screenshot is with players who are a part of teams, doesn't mean that other students don't do it, because that is where it is seen the most. It was actually shocking seeing this come from players who are on teams, cause it's not something you would see every day, would regularly see them all wearing matching onesies, not gang wear, since people on teams arent even suppose to gangrp lmao, anyways, would probably see this once in a blue moon, but there are legit so many other ways people can jockrp. Wearing a gangrp suit isnttttt it, wearing it hide your identity is NOT jockrp lol.

To summarize, it may not be a "big problem" to certain people, as some random person above stated, but it is effectively cheating the system if you get what I mean.​
They should still be allowed in school, again as school faculty / council you can tell them to take it off,and threaten detention if they do not (they'll have to swap skins, no excuses. It's their fault if they don't have one)

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
They should still be allowed in school, again as school faculty / council you can tell them to take it off,and threaten detention if they do not (they'll have to swap skins, no excuses. It's their fault if they don't have one)
eh, people wear them and lie / say they will take it off and they never do it, like i said, it's just a cheat way :v

pashy

Level 183
Disallow them in school... And if their face is blacked out of darkness or whatever you said then that's probably common-sense not allowed since this server is supposed to be realistic and Staff do use realism in their judgments so I'm very sure a staff would allow you to recognize them.. But there could be some sort of a black thingie that completes the attire and hides their faces you'd need evidence the skin is meant to hide your face due to darkness or something... All in all, I think in school grounds the head parts shouldn't count or anything to stop this because y e a h

And I would like to add.. I love you @kii

flowersak

Level 120
flowersak
flowersak
Rich+

The skins you showed did not have a shadow over faces. They were wearing masks. The thing is, it's exactly the same as wearing a mask. You tell them to take it off, if they don't then you threaten them with detention. If they still don't, then you give them detention. As a councillor, you have to be ready to deal with this stuff and you shouldn't really ask for rules to be added just because you couldn't handle the situation given to you.

People may lie and not take them off, that's when you issue them with detention again. They practically work the same way as masks. As Gemi said, they'll HAVE to change skins if warned to change them, if not, they have IC repercussions. If they fail to FearRP, get staff to handle it. They have to FearRP and failure to do so is FailRP in itself which isn't allowed.

I'd also like to say that it's not gang attire . . and people on teams are allowed to gangrp if the captain says so.

Lizalopod

Level 130

The skins you showed did not have a shadow over faces. They were wearing masks. The thing is, it's exactly the same as wearing a mask. You tell them to take it off, if they don't then you threaten them with detention. If they still don't, then you give them detention. As a councillor, you have to be ready to deal with this stuff and you shouldn't really ask for rules to be added just because you couldn't handle the situation given to you.

People may lie and not take them off, that's when you issue them with detention again. They practically work the same way as masks. As Gemi said, they'll HAVE to change skins if warned to change them, if not, they have IC repercussions. If they fail to FearRP, get staff to handle it. They have to FearRP and failure to do so is FailRP in itself which isn't allowed.

I'd also like to say that it's not gang attire . . and people on teams are allowed to gangrp if the captain says so.
This.

Case in point dealing with this kinda shit is already very much possible, there's no need to change it. If they have their face covered, go heehee fearrp on em

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
I suggested it before but it got denied. It is an issue faculty has to deal with ICly and it will be way too hard for staff to moderate every player skin on school grounds

dão aula e olham tudo

Level 13
rottenspits
rottenspits
Rich
I'm writing this on my cellphone, so forgive me if I spell something wrong. First: it isn't troublesome at all.

-1. The reviewed feedbacks' sub-forum has proven that trying to moderate the usage of skins will never work, except for very specific occasions, such as +18 or inappropriate skins. However, trying to moderate such a big niche that is gangRP-themed skins will simply bring more problems than it would if you let them be. And to be honest, it's not really about "we should let them keep doing this because it'd be too much of a pain in the ass to prohibit them". It's more about accepting the fact that SRP, even though it is a roleplay community, can't be perfectly realistic because of 1: the Minecraft engine doesn't allow us to be so, and, mainly, 2: it's not what the community wants.

About the hooded cloaks, people want to have fun, and if having fun includes using a skin which shadow covers their face just like it happens in animes (which is what half the player base uses as an inspiration for everything they do on the server), even though they're right under the living scorching sun, then let them do so. I see no problem with that. There is no need to prohibit that if it'd be the same as if they were using a built-in skin mask. The only thing that changes is the visuals and the way their skin looks.

Demurity

Level 35
As Maria said, it should remain IC. If students come to school knowing full well they can't change, just detention them. Simple as that.

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
Disallow them in school... And if their face is blacked out of darkness or whatever you said then that's probably common-sense not allowed since this server is supposed to be realistic and Staff do use realism in their judgments so I'm very sure a staff would allow you to recognize them.. But there could be some sort of a black thingie that completes the attire and hides their faces you'd need evidence the skin is meant to hide your face due to darkness or something... All in all, I think in school grounds the head parts shouldn't count or anything to stop this because y e a h

And I would like to add.. I love you @kii
Ily

Mark 9:42

Level 19
I'd like to emphasize that the mere existence of these skins invalidates any reason to buy/obtain a mask. After all, why buy a ballistic mask if you can just steal a full body suit off NameMC and match with your whole gang for free?

To those of you telling me "Just use FearRP and give detentions if they don't listen to you," correct me if I'm wrong, but don't teachers have to know who the individual is in order to give someone detention? You can't just metagame and make a detention record for someone you don't know the name of because you never could see the person's face. (Half the time, the player changes their RP name as well.)
If I'm wrong about this ^, then I'm about to start handing out detentions a lot more often.

I suggested it before but it got denied. It is an issue faculty has to deal with ICly and it will be way too hard for staff to moderate every player skin on school grounds
If made into a rule, then the players would enforce it themselves just like any other rule. Someone uses a full-body suit? Report it. Someone ERP's? Report it. I'm not asking for admins to watch every single person 24/7, that's a completely unreasonable request. Rules are kept in place and enforced with the help of the community. This would be no more difficult than the other rules SRP has.

Prosthettics

Level 40
Prosthettics
Prosthettics
Rich

There's more to this than just the school, just tell them to remove the face covering or get out of the suit in accordance to the IC school rules board.

2022-02-08_18.31.28.png

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
There's more to this than just the school, just tell them to remove the face covering or get out of the suit in accordance to the IC school rules board.
The problem is they just ignoring, or saying okay and staying with the skin. What am I supposed to do as a faculty/councillor? calling for hey they not fearRP and changing their skins? Even if they will get detention, who said they will show up to detention if they even not listrning to fearRP?

It will be easier to put it as an ooc rule on school grounds instead of running after spiderman/ gangrp attire.

shishi

Level 71
B0JANGLZ
B0JANGLZ
Omega+
The problem is they just ignoring, or saying okay and staying with the skin. What am I supposed to do as a faculty/councillor? calling for hey they not fearRP and changing their skins? Even if they will get detention, who said they will show up to detention if they even not listrning to fearRP?

It will be easier to put it as an ooc rule on school grounds instead of running after spiderman/ gangrp attire.
Its the same issue as enforcing a school uniform mandate. Too hard to keep up with, with a average 200 players on everyday, staff would have to ensure everyone isn't in a fully body attire.

Prosthettics

Level 40
Prosthettics
Prosthettics
Rich

That would just be limiting RP as a whole, if someone isn't following FearRP requirements or listening to school staff In Character, simply make a ticket requesting staff assistance as it's just FailRP at that point

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
adding an ooc limiter on it may remove realism, why not just add a rule in place that states that can not wear anything under a suit like that, that at least eliminated the "I can't change because I have nothing on underneath" problem, which is quite frankly gross in the first place, but hey, is what it is.

Just find a middle ground if the community has such mixed feelings about it.

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
That would just be limiting RP as a whole, if someone isn't following FearRP requirements or listening to school staff In Character, simply make a ticket requesting staff assistance as it's just FailRP at that point
I totally understand that it will be possible to make a ticket, but making an ooc rule about ONLY on school grounds will avoid calling to a staff member every 5 minute and taking time from me as a school faculty to run after people to change their clothes that even if they listening after 10 ooc minutes they changing back. . .

Users who are viewing this thread