raccoon_god.

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes

What is your time zone?:
GMT+2

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yessir

Describe your activity on the server:
As of right now I play pretty often, playing for a couple hours at a time. Right now I don’t have much else going on, so I have a lot of time for srp.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server:
Receptionist application - accepted
Jsl application - accepted
Drama teacher application - accepted (switched to art)
Korean application - accepted
Korean application - denied
Korean application - denied

What are your current roles on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
All my current characters are in highschool, the one I use now is grade 11.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
P.A, theater, drama, however you would like to call it

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
I have been a teacher on this server before, for a few months. I honestly miss it, roleplaying as a teacher has been really interesting and I would love to do it again. Recently I started actually going to classes on the server and it reminded me how much fun I had while hosting a class, which made me want to go back to teaching again. Also I miss having an adult character, roleplay is a lot different. I’m looking to develop an adult character of mine, I created him on this server and ever since he’s been my favorite character to play.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT?
Yes indeed

Do you understand if your application is accepted, you will have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes indeed

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Class logs are what teachers use to record their classes; how many classes you have done in a month, your minutes per class, how many students attended etc. They are used to track all the classes in order for said teacher to receive their payments at the end of the month and how much that teacher should be paid.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
No talking when you’re not supposed to, be respectful to your peers, no phones or music during class, remain seated when needed.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I’ve been roleplaying for a long time, several years. Most of my experience in roleplay comes from srp, although I have roleplayed with other people on other platforms a lot as well. When talking about srp I have roleplayed with a variety of characters at different ages, from 14-34.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning: Head of Department
↳ Description: Head of departments are the ones in charge of certain departments in the teacher faction. For example math, science, etc..

- QT
↳ Meaning: Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: One position under head of department, qualified teachers have been working for a long time. They have the knowledge to deal with almost, if not any, situation they face.

- NQT
↳ Meaning: Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Newly qualified teachers are usually the ones who have just been qualified to teach, or have been teaching for not very long. They don’t have the full knowledge of how to deal with every situation yet, and are still learning the job.

- UT
↳ Meaning: Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: Unqualified teachers have just been accepted into the world of teaching. They’re learning what to do, how to host classes, and how to deal with different scenarios.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
The teacher’s job is one of the most important roles in a school. They host classes for the students, as well as resolve any issue that may come up during the school day. They are important in-game as well as out-of-game, and are mainly there to provide the players with the sense of this being an actual school. I’d say the teacher’s job out-of-game is a bit harder than the one of the professor, as they’re the people who actually have to deal with all the new players while the professors ‘get’ the more experienced ones. Each teacher would most likely have their own teaching methods, and find what would work best for them when dealing with the variety of students who join their class each day.
Their payment changes depending on the amount of classes the teacher hosts. For UT/NQT, the base salary is 350k per month, as the base salary for QT/HD is 400k per month. To reach the base salary, teachers need to host 10 classes that month. However there is a bonus for every 5 extra classes they host, until they reach 500k that month, which is the max. So minimum classes would be 10, and max classes are 25 for UT/NQT and 20 for QT/HD.
From my knowledge from when I was a teacher, teachers spend most of their free time either preparing classes, socializing with other faculty members, or making sure there is no chaos around the halls during school hours.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers are the main reason SchoolRP is an actual school roleplay. They change the whole experience of the roleplay, not just with classes but also with detention and giving players the feeling that they’re actually in a school. Not speaking for everyone, but there are a lot of players who actually wait for teachers to host classes, that’s the main reason they stay on during school hours.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
MoSCoW - must have, should have, could have, won’t have

Character Information

Describe the character: How do they look and act? What makes them unique and different?
Haru is a skinny looking male, around 5’11 or around 180cm. His hair is black. seemed to be recently dyed and his curls rested neatly around his head. He’d have gray-ish eyes and tanned skin. He would weigh around [insert later].
He would mostly be walking around wearing suits, saying it’s the type of clothes that makes him feel seen the most. He had to change it after dying his hair blue for years had damaged it badly. To add to the formal look the suits already gave him, he spoke in a calm yet sharp yet, like every word is calculated. His eyelashes were longer than the average male, or female’s, and would provide him a more feminine face. Upon taking a closer look at his nose, it was visible to see it was slightly crooked, indicating it has been broken many times.

What is their outlook on students and their co-workers?
Although at first sight Haru does not seem the friendliest, he does try his best not to seem mean or rude. You could rarely see him start a conversation with someone, and small talk is not his best skill, yet he would still give out anything for the students who prove themselves to him, secretly also for the students who are more disruptive even in his own classes. Even if befriending Haru is difficult for his co-workers at first, and for Haru as well, he will not give up and would still try to find his place among co-workers who he actually finds a connection with. Despite not knowing a certain co-worker, he’d still do anything in his power to assist anyone who needs it, hoping someone would do the same for him when he gets in a rough situation. Although it is not the only reason he would do it, most of his acts would be a direct result of his kindness and belief that people should be there for one another no matter their with one-another.

What are their plans for the future?
Haru’s plans for the future are pretty simple. He doesn’t want too much for his life right now or in the future, just a place for him and his family, somewhere he can continue his teaching career as a drama teacher. He has always wanted his family to grow and have successful lives, caring about them more than himself. Despite caring so much about his family, he will still focus on himself to ensure his success in whatever it is he’s doing. Ever since he was a child, the world of acting has drawn him into it. Although he had always wanted to become an actor, the world left his dreams shattered on the floor after discovering the harsh truth about the acting world. Thinking he would still love to stay in that world without actually suffering the consequences of becoming an actor, he decided that a teaching career in the performance art department is the next best move and that’s what he wants, at least for the near future.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
At first Haru would be warning them from afar, reminding them that cursing or yelling isn’t tolerated on school grounds and especially in the halls. If the students keep ignoring him, he’d eventually approach the students to understand what’s the issue and why they could not listen the first time. Calmly talking to the group, he would remind them again of the school rules and the further consequences they could face if they do not follow them.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

Upon realizing no one is listening in his class, Haru would simply stop whatever it was he was doing or saying. He’d raise his voice to speak in a louder tone, giving the whole class a quick warning while also reminding them they do not have to be a part of this class and they could be kicked out without a doubt if they interrupt him or their classmates. If the behavior continues he would simply remove the disruptive students from his class to prevent having distractions to the students.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Besides getting the 20 minutes of sleep he so desperately needs, Haru would mostly be found half asleep or drinking coffee at a random table, he would also not rule out the floor. Being an introvert, he’d mostly keep to himself unless another faculty member was being nice and started a conversation with him. When he’s not napping or chatting, sometimes he would be going through the movies and shows that he has watched, trying to get more ideas for his future lessons. As well as going through the lessons he already has ready, trying to decide on what to teach this time.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me stood at the front of the class, clearing his throat before placing his hand on the desk in order to lean on it. Hoping he got the students’ attention he would let out a brief smile before talking “Good morning students! I hope your weekend was amazing and you got to do amazing stuff, please take a seat so we could get the lesson started.” When he finished, he turned around to open the class monitor, opening a presentation about the musical Grease.

/me raised an eyebrow at the misbehaving students, not really angrily but more in a judging manner. He took a minute to gather the thoughts in his head before finally opening his mouth to talk, giving them both a lecture about their behavior in class trying his best to encourage them to be better. At the end he ended up ‘bribing’ them with reward tokens, saying if by the end of the next class they actually deserve one he’d give them each a reward token.

/me stared blankly at the student’s very not-so creative screen-play that they just turned in. In all honesty, he was at a loss for words when he actually finished reading it. He did not know how to grade this one, or what to even note on it when he ever gives it back to the student. At the end he decided to throw on a little star sticker and write on the last page ‘keep trying! :)’

/me Haru's eyes lit up with his lips forming an amused, almost impressed smile, as his gaze continued to follow the lines of words on the assignment he had just read. It wasn't often that he has seen a student with this type of talent in writing, much less having enough attention span to observe such minor details that even he didn't notice at the start. After a few more moments of reading, he placed the notebook back on his desk as he quickly wrote a small note on the side. 'Good job! 10/10!' before adding a small sticker to it shaped like a thumb’s up.

Backstory

Haru Saito was born in Kyoto, Japan 1986. He’s the oldest among his siblings, although he did not get to grow up with most of them. Growing up his parents were emotionally distant, eventually kicking him out at the age of 15 to go live with his friend after a continuous fight that could not be resolved. After spending a few months living with his friend, at the age of 16 he finally moved out to live on his own in the city of Karakura.

At the age of 20 he got married for the first time, a marriage that he considered to be happy at first. A couple years pass and they adopt 2 children since Haru isn’t able to have children of his own. Ever since both of the adoptions their marriage has been a downhill; fighting, arguing, going days without talking… it has been gone so far that he went weeks without sleeping in the house. Eventually they decided to separate, after 12 years of marriage, Haru came back to Karakura with his kids.

After coming back he started working as a teacher at Karakura’s high school as an art teacher. During this time, Haru had a chance to meet a person who will end up being his husband. Kaito and Haru’s marriage did not last very long, lasting for around 2 years, but it was a relationship that wasn’t an unkind one. They were both happy with each other, perhaps even content with what they had. But sadly, Haru had to move back to South-Korea, due to his father requesting his presence. Haru did not know how long he would be in South-Korea, nor did he know if he would ever come back to Karakura, which led to his marriage with Kaito to end.

Eventually Haru did have the chance to move back to Karakura after his father finally let him go. His son had already moved back and he wanted to take that chance to become a teacher at the school again, this time as a drama teacher. After all, the one thing he loved more than anything is acting.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Haru Saito
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Given Name(s): Haru
Preferred Name: Mr. Saito

Age (Minimum is 25): 38
Religious Denomination: Atheist
Marital Status: Divorced

Nationality: Japanese
Current Location: Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years): This year will be my 4th year teaching.
Academic Degree: Bachelor
Year of Graduation: 2007
Major(s): Performing arts
Minors: Art

Native Languages: Japanese and Korean
Other Languages: JSL

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No

Extra
Thanks for reading :D

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Accepted
Welcome to the Teacher Faction! You will begin as an Unqualified teacher (UT)

You will be given your roles in the Academics Discord and afterward will be pinged regarding teacher training. Once your training is complete, you will be allowed to start your own classes!

If you have any questions, please DM me or contact me through the teacher channels in the Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread