players online

Drivers License | FEEDBACK

Latte

Level 194
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
Don't like the idea of wallets.

SRP has always had way too bad of a history in terms of their plugin storages resetting or being annoying.

I.E The reason why school bag functionality was removed, the card system used to reset leaving you pennyless and the worst offender of all the wardrobe which was prone to resetting every couple of days

It would be such a major annoyance to lose not one I.D but potentially multiple new ones?
Ah, I was just adding as a potential work around and well something that'd be interesting.

opp

Level 50
you have to do is go to a governor
They aren’t on most times, so it can be pretty difficult- and when they are most times they don’t want to give I.D’s out.

the process would be hard to get a registered I.D when applying for one
Unfortunately, I’m going to say this is due to different places we live (oocly) but getting a I.D is not hard(at least where I am). Driver license..? Yes, but not I.D’s

Gunna!

Level 101
Veganlaser
Veganlaser
Omega
They aren’t on most times, so it can be pretty difficult- and when they are most times they don’t want to give I.D’s out.

Unfortunately, I’m going to say this is due to different places we live (oocly) but getting a I.D is not hard(at least where I am). Driver license..? Yes, but not I.D’s
Then I don't see the problem, realistically you wouldn't be able to just get then like that, like you mentioned, so why not add a system where it takes longer to get a drivers license, it would take the same time or less as it would take to get a custom car which is 1-2 weeks

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Adding drivers license won't take up space in the resource pack at all.
The sum of all the little things eventually leads to a large file size for the resource pack, and as a member of the 3D modelling team yourself, you should understand this better than anyone that this is the issue. That being said, this was one of my weaker arguments and one singular model isn't going to destroy the server, so let me continue.

Complaining about inventory space is just stupid since you should always have both of these government required things on you.
As somebody who prefers keeping a lot of open inventory space, I dislike having items I deem unnecessary, especially if they are mandatory. Many players were upset over the first mandatory identification card, and I doubt another would be well-received. It would only be one extra item, though "one item" adds up over time, and eventually fills the inventory. Its better to minimize the amount of items a player has to carry, if at all possible.

Adding a extra lore section for drivers license doesn't make sense on an IDENTIFICATION CARD.
You didn't support this argument with anything, but I disagree. Having one singular identification item that could be used as a special card for any license or identification would be a massive convenience, as then players wouldn't need to keep and hold an array of different IDs and licenses. Doing so through additional item lore would be convenient as then anybody could tell simply at a glance what licenses or identification they have. I'm unsure how it would tie into the current ID commands, though that's up to the developers to figure out.

Drivers license would add more realism since we already need I.D to buy alcohol and all that why not get a drivers license too?
I'm not against the concept of a driver's license, but the idea of it being its own unique item. I wouldn't have offered input into an alternate solution if I thought it was a bad idea.

Hirathex

Level 257
Senior Admin
Black Market Lead
Police Lead
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+

The sum of all the little things eventually leads to a large file size for the resource pack
This is something to keep in mind. While yes, a drivers license would be small it’s not something that’s needed in the resource pack. The current I.D’s more or less function as like a drivers license already, adding another card doesn’t gives many benefits.

Another thing to add, there’s already motor vehicle crimes. I don’t believe we should be taking away anyone’s car/suspending driving abilities for IC reasons. The only time a car should be taken away from someone is they’re driving in to plaza or buildings, in which case that would be an OOC reason. Another example is if for some reason you are driving underage and get caught, that information is already easily identifiable by the current I.D system we have.

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
I agree with maybe checks in age in driving but I wouldn’t necessarily say we need another ID for it, age is already on the normal ID as it is.

adding driving licenses also may complicate vehicle purchase, all of the people in the future that purchase vehicles, an OOC purchase, or that have purchased Cars would sudden need an ID in game.

image purchasing a vehicle only to find out it’s illegal to drive it until you get a card

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich

Cars are already very limited on the server since it is a custom item. Adding a driver's license helps only like a few people which isn't really needed. Age can already be checked on the National ID as well so I find no use of it.

Getting a National ID is as hard as it is, getting a driver's license inputted means each person owning a car must have one. It sounds like an interesting idea but not much is being benefitted from it.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich

Cars are already very limited on the server since it is a custom item. Adding a driver's license helps only like a few people which isn't really needed. Age can already be checked on the National ID as well so I find no use of it.

Getting a National ID is as hard as it is, getting a driver's license inputted means each person owning a car must have one. It sounds like an interesting idea but not much is being benefitted from it.
Yeah, alongside it being annoying to get... there's isn't much fun gameplay to it to make me want one..

In videogames we tend to leave out boring elements such as sleep or toiletries related stuff because there's nothing fun about that gameplay wise, same thing here.

What's so fun about needing a drivers license?

Lizalopod

Level 130

This won't affect the resource pack at all, idk why people are so mad about that specifically. Just one texture won't be big at all

.....but still completely unnecessary

les

Level 4
bananacrocs
bananacrocs
Rich+

i don’t really see why it would be needed, I’Ds are annoying to get, and like stated it’s a lot easier to just itemRP, which makes no difference at all other than you can’t see it

Asya

Level 5
Masqverade
Masqverade
Notable
Many disagreements and arguments have been presented, but I would like to point out positives and negatives. Before all, you have to-consider what factors effect irresponsible or wrong driving.

Firstly, players are able to get arrested for irresponsible driving and reckless driving, meaning if you see players driving on the wrong side of the road or driving in places they cannot and should not be driving in. What's stopping us from arresting them? No one necessarily comes up with valid evidence, let it be in-game screenshots or recordings, reporting people driving recklessly.
To add, you mentioned a strike system. If a person has been reported about driving in a way they shouldn't be driving, KPD will be aware. Just like how all officers are allowed to know anyone's past or present sentences. Officers take these into consideration with any type of vehicle-related arrest.
Not only that, yes, it'd be an additional roleplay experience which is thrilling to have on SRP. Yes, it'd be really cool to respond to an officer with "Ah, of course officer, I have my license right here with me." However, it'd be a complicated process. We have several laws, and sentences regarding vehicles, which you're more than welcome to check out in forums stating what you could be arrested for.
I've seen people state it'd take up resource pack space, but many items are added to the server and it wouldn't take that much space. I see no problem with it custom-wise as he have things of the sort such as IDs, hospital worker badges, government badges and KPD badges as well as similar customs.
Finally, even the best drivers struggle with driving at times due to lag. It's well known that the server tends to lag at times, and saying "you shouldn't drive if you're lagging" isn't much useful considering you won't know when your game will lag. It can even be for a simple moment, and we can't help it.

In conclusion, I wouldn't say it'd be a necessary addition.

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
+1 I think this is a good idea and could add something cool with KPD pulling people over if they aren't following street laws. Impounding cars would also be cool!

ethxx.ltd

Level 45
ethxxltd
ethxxltd
Notable

I would like to say that this isn't a good idea since the cars are kinda hard to drive and you do go off the road sometimes while turning and if they did have this ingame almost everyone who had a car would get their licence revoked for reckless driving

DarkEclipic

Level 162
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
-1/+1

It's a nifty idea to add a type of item for cars, but maybe instead of adding a new item that could be used for someone's custom. Maybe about the time the car gets put in the pack to get a hold of a Town Faction member to set up a 'Driving test'

Doesn't have to be a long test but just enough to get some roleplay. Maybe on the ID itself, you could add a row of text that says 'can operate a vehicle : Yes/No' and police can use that if they are able to drive or not.

sperst

Level 9
frettrick
frettrick
Omega+
despite the cool, small factor of roleplay this would implement, i really don't think it's worth all of the hassle.
as already stated, the current ID card basically acts as a drivers license - verifying the character's age.
only thing that needs to be cleared up is the legal driving age - if not already stated somewhere

Users who are viewing this thread